• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

The most civilized “I’m a baller” I’ve ever heard.

I've honestly loved everything the kid has said.  He seems eager and willing to learn and adapt, while doing whatever he can to help the team.  That's what you want from a 19 year old rookie. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Update 

We are talking with Cleveland. Straight swap of hunter for Allen. 

Not a shot.  Would have to include at least 1, maybe 2 1sts with Hunter to get Allen.  They are very high on Allen (as is Mitchell).

Edited by Birdsfan
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

I know that but they gotta make something shake!

if BI is routed somewhere else and Herb is untouchable are we really just going to give away DJ for picks ????

I guess so that’s what it’s starting to sound like from @Mikey. Oh and Dyson who I also like but not for Murray and picks smh. Hopefully that’s not the trade our FO is willing to accept.

Picks are good. Hawks need to add some especially for some of these classes that are coming up

• Like 2

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I know that but they gotta make something shake!

if BI is routed somewhere else and Herb is untouchable are we really just going to give away DJ for picks ????

I guess so that’s what it’s starting to sound like from @Mikey. Oh and Dyson who I also like but not for Murray and picks smh. Hopefully that’s not the trade our FO is willing to accept.

Picks are easier to trade.  This is my preferred route if we can't get Herb.  If we get 2 or 3 1sts for DJ it then opens up trading opportunities with any team.  

Right now we are limited to trading with teams that need PGs and you have to match salaries which is difficult.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Birdsfan said:

Not a shot.  Would have to include at least 1, maybe 2 1sts with Hunter to get Allen.  They are very high on Allen (as is Mitchell).

I'd go up to Hunter plus a FRP (protected lottery). That's pretty good considering Hunter is a immediate vet starter plus a FRP non-lotto.

Make it happen Landry. Please.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Get ready for

"The Hawks were also one of the teams interested in Allen, but ....................................................."

Smh

Honestly, that is to be expected @terrell at this point. That's why I'm holding by a thread they can squeeze the deal through but yes, I'm very skeptical.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Picks are good. Hawks need to add some especially for some of these classes that are coming up

It sounds like they probably going to add the LAL 25 1st round pick, maybe.

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Me too.  I am certain the Pelicans aren't on board for that one though.  Cleveland, maybe, as I do think that trade makes sense for both teams.  Hopefully we can work something out, always liked Allen

Why does it make sense for Cleveland again?

7 minutes ago, txsting said:

Mitchell and Mobley extensions. Probably over $105m per year if Mitchell signs 3 year max and Mobley 5 year max that Scottie Barnes signed.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10121464-windhorst-evan-mobley-likely-to-get-max-cavs-contract-amid-donovan-mitchell-rumors

Looking ahead to the offseason, a lot of issues remain unresolved for the Cleveland Cavaliers. When it comes to Evan Mobley, the situation might be pretty straightforward.

At the 43:41 mark in the newest episode of his Hoop Collective podcast, ESPN's Brian Windhorst speculated the Cavs are "gonna extend Mobley probably at the max, probably in very, very early July."

The front office may face a similar situation with Allen, who's under contract for two more years.

Windhorst reported on his podcast that the team could begin to explore the 2021-22 All-Star's trade market this summer. If the Cavs wind up re-signing Mobley at or near the max salary, then it would arguably be a pretty firm sign as to which of the two big men they value the most moving forward.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, txsting said:

They want Mobely at center and have needed a 3D forward with size forever now. Okoro hasn't cut it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, txsting said:

This is complete bullshit that Cleveland would do Allen for Hunter straight up.  No way.  

Not that hard for me to believe unless hawks just mess up the deal.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Cleveland needs a SF that is 3&D and doesn't want the ball or tons of shot to start.

Cleveland wants to move Mobley to center and unlock him there. 

Cleveland thinks Mobley/Allen has tapped out potential because Allen is a traditional big that maroons Mobley at 4 and Cleveland thinks Mobley will blossom as a stretch 5. 

I agree with this but I'm super high on Mobley. I think myself and @KB21 are pretty high on Mobley. He's the only Cavs jersey I own other than Mark Price and Larry Nance fwiw.

Cleveland moving Allen in a straight trade for Hunter gives Cleveland a long term starter at SF and we get an upgrade at center who doesn't have that much money left on his deal, I believe just 2 years left including the upcoming season. 

I would call it is a safe trade and win/win for both teams considering where they are at and what they need in terms of roster.

Not without picks.  Allen's trade value is miles higher.  One example I'll throw out is Bill Simmons NBA trade value rankings - he has Mobley 46 and Allen 45.  Which is above Derrick White, Rudy Gobert, Trae Young, Melo, Siakam, etc.  Hunter isn't listed among the 75 or among the 25 "toughest omissions".  Not happening without +++

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Cleveland needs a SF that is 3&D and doesn't want the ball or tons of shot to start.

Cleveland wants to move Mobley to center and unlock him there. 

Cleveland thinks Mobley/Allen has tapped out potential because Allen is a traditional big that maroons Mobley at 4 and Cleveland thinks Mobley will blossom as a stretch 5. 

I agree with this but I'm super high on Mobley. I think myself and @KB21 are pretty high on Mobley. He's the only Cavs jersey I own other than Mark Price and Larry Nance fwiw.

Cleveland moving Allen in a straight trade for Hunter gives Cleveland a long term starter at SF and we get an upgrade at center who doesn't have that much money left on his deal, I believe just 2 years left including the upcoming season. 

I would call it is a safe trade and win/win for both teams considering where they are at and what they need in terms of roster.

Yes all of this is known, def makes sense but they should be able to fetch something a bit better than DH is the issue. 

• Like 1