• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Trading Trae now would be so on-brand for this front office's DNA.  And that is not a compliment. 

Look on the plus side. It's a good signal for all of us to stop giving a shit lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I never said the Hawks were shopping him. I just want to be clear before people lose their **** I am not saying he's being shopped. The Hawks have went from "untouchable" on Trae to "we'll listen to your offers". 

To be clear, I'm not saying you did.  I'm saying that is how some in the media have and will present it.  Fields needs to get out ahead of that narrative.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

My Serbian friend who is connected with Serbian basketball thinks our 2nd round pick will stay next season overseas. He loved the pick for us. He was shocked he fell into the 2nd round.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

To be clear, I'm not saying you did.  I'm saying that is how some in the media have and will present it.  Fields needs to get out ahead of that narrative.

Were a week out from everyone in the media going full on "Hawks hate Trae. Can't trade him cause, like we've always said, he sucks" if they let it fester. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

My Serbian friend who is connected with Serbian basketball thinks our 2nd round pick will stay next season overseas. He loved the pick for us. He was shocked he fell into the 2nd round.

Hawks won’t use a two way or roster spot on him… definitely not in a situation that ain’t a complete rebuild 

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I never said the Hawks were shopping him. I just want to be clear before people lose their **** I am not saying he's being shopped. The Hawks have went from "untouchable" on Trae to "we'll listen to your offers". 

I hear you Soth. I took it with a grain of  salt to mean exactly what we have been seeing/hearing in reports before now. Trae, now more than ever, is no longer untouchable for the right price.

That’s no different today than it was last week. That is, however, different than it was last year. So, it’s something, but not much if you have been listening and paying attention.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

All due respect I understand that part of we are listening to offers but I guess I took your “we placed him on trade block” the wrong way.

i take the “we placed him on trade block” as an indication that the hawks want to potentially rebuild .

i don’t take “listening to trade offers” as the same thing as trade block.

did I completely screw that up from what you meant? Sorry if I’m being literal ..,.I’m taking everything literally until I see something happen.

It will take a major haul to get Trae, as it should.  If someone is willing to part with 4 or 5 unprotected picks and a young player or two, then I'm sure the Hawks will listen.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They aren't looking to trade him. But if a team gives them the right offer...I think they would move him. 

My guess is this is a similar approach the Nets took with Bridges.  Probably weren't necessarily looking to trade him, but got a godfather offer, so they pulled the trigger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I hear you Soth. I took it with a grain of  salt to mean exactly what we have been seeing/hearing in reports before now. Trae, now more than ever, is no longer untouchable for the right price.

That’s no different today than it was last week. That is, however, different than it was last year. So, it’s something, but not much if you have been listening and paying attention.

Ok I didn’t take Soth message in this way. So that’s my bad.

• Like 1

Really, the only team that has the ammo to make a Trae trade is San Antonio.  Anything the Lakers can offer is a joke.  New Orleans doesn't have enough to offer.  It's them, because they have our picks.  It would take returning our picks plus some other picks to get him, because by trading Trae, we will be a lottery team for at least the next 3-4 years if not longer.  If we don't get our picks back over the next three years, then there is no sense in trading Trae.  

• Like 3