• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Sounds like only me and @theheroatl likes a potential Ayton move.

Ayton is better than Capela skill wise especially offensively. That’s not even an argument.

Defensively Ayton need to get back to where he was during PHX championship run with cp3 and Booker. He was a good overall center on both ends that season if I recall right.

folks dislike Ayton cause he wants more scoring opportunities. I’ve always felt that there was nothing wrong with that. He’d have more scoring opportunities with Trae. He may not be the first option but he sure as hell won’t have to be right up under the goal like Capela to score a basket.

I am very intrigued with a fit of Trae, Risacher, Jalen, Ayton…..I think it would work just fine. Trae would love Ayton! And Ayton needs a pure point guard to be at his absolute best.

I question Monte Williams as a coach also. Ayton was the sell out guy.

If the coaches think they can reach him, I could get on board with Ayton in a filler trade.

I do agree that Trae would get this guy so many easy baskets.  He no doubt has a nice offensive touch.  Strong FT shooter

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ayton Hawks DNA checker:

Hide contents

NEGATIVE

The guy dropped 17/11 on 57% shooting on a bad team with no true point guard.

He needs a point guard to maximize his game and a new environment to discipline him in ways that will fulfill his career.

Ayton makes sense to me because the Hawks DNA can be instilled in him

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If the coaches think they can reach him, I could get on board with Ayton in a filler trade.

I do agree that Trae would get this guy so many easy baskets.  He no doubt has a nice offensive touch.  Strong FT shooter

It’d be a great move man!

we have the player he needs to maximize his game in Trae and the coach who can and will instill the Hawks DNA in him with Synder and his staff.

Synder is the perfect coach to uplift Ayton in my opinion. Ayton is a young guy that just need some caring and uplifting in my opinion. Don’t know him personally but I ranted on this board in a lot of threads and I’ve watched a shit ton of Ayton games and interviews.

the guy just wants to feel included and maximized. Trae and Synder can give that to him.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Sarr wasn't a part of anything that @thecampster posted.  He was pointing out that we had offers from Portland and SA which could have led to some juicy combinations.

For Risacher, I am hopeful that he will fit here.  We need good wings.  We need shooting, size and defense on the perimeter.  If he works out he will definitely make us better.

Yea but what were the offers , didn't someone already say that spurs rejectes the deal with us because they didn't think the diff between 1 and 4 was much ,I believe same guy said that 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

The guy dropped 17/11 on 57% shooting on a bad team with no true point guard.

He needs a point guard to maximize his game and a new environment to discipline him in ways that will fulfill his career.

Ayton makes sense to me because the Hawks DNA can be instilled in him

Ayton will never be on a championship team, as a starter or a backup playing meaningful minutes.  The guy has no motor, no drive, no desire to be a plus player.  Pure talent, mostly wasted imo.  Moderately impactful player literally right up until he signed his extension and then he dropped to the worse player on the Suns, statistically and by eye test.  One of the most unserious players in the league, up there with guys like jordan poole and jaden ivey, 

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

posted earlier:

CC, Bruno and Mathews for Ayton works from a salary perspective.

I don't think that works roster wise.  It was reported on ESPN that after last night, the Blazers have a full roster and will have to cut players or offer 2 way deals to their 2nd round picks.  How can they add 2 more roster players?  

Who's the most interesting team on Thursday?

Givony: The Portland Trail Blazers hold the Nos. 34 and 40 picks, giving them significant say in how the first 10 selections play out. After selecting Donovan Clingan No. 7 and trading the No. 14 pick, it's unlikely the team has two, or even one, roster spot available for whoever they pick in Round 2, which will make it interesting to see what they do with these picks. They could use a two-way contract on one of them and possibly trade another.

I also don't think they would take on CC since they already have too many centers.  Just seems like a two team deal is very challenging with them to find anything that makes sense.  

I'm gonna have to push back on the "you can easily instill Hawks DNA in him" stuff. 

If that's true, Hawks DNA is literally pointless(probably is anyway lol). 

Theres no point in having some kind of culture qualifier if you can just.... Make anyone fit the culture. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Afro said:

I'm gonna have to push back on the "you can easily instill Hawks DNA in him" stuff. 

Theres no point in having some kind of culture qualifier if you can just.... Make anyone fit the culture. 

Right - Hawks DNA is personality/character based.  Difficult to significantly adjust as an adult 

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

It’s all within reason and I never said it would be easy.

but if you run into the right person that get through to you, you will change. That is just normal human nature of being influenced.

also I don’t believe all this bad talk about ayton. I believe he just gets a bad rep from phx particularly from monte Willam’s when he was coaching there.

14 minutes ago, warcore said:

Nah I'm open to it. If we're just moving Clint's expiring, Bruno and Matthews; I'd say roll the dice. It reminds me of our Dwight Howard trade.... we had to take a few smaller contracts to get that off our hands. 

I would be open to keeping Capela and adding Ayton too if the package works. Bring CC off the bench.

but such a move probably requires DJ and unless we can get a lot more probably not a good move.

to me OO should be a backup 4 and small ball 5 when we need him to be.

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't think that works roster wise.  It was reported on ESPN that after last night, the Blazers have a full roster and will have to cut players or offer 2 way deals to their 2nd round picks.  How can they add 2 more roster players?  

I only did a salary comparison.  I didn't look at the roster in totality. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I would be open to keeping Capela and adding Ayton too if the package works. Bring CC off the bench.

but such a move probably requires DJ and unless we can get a lot more probably not a good move.

to me OO should be a backup 4 and small ball 5 when we need him to be.

There is no reasonable deal where DJ goes out and Ayton comes back unless it comes with Sharpe and I don't see why Portland would.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don't think Ayton is a Demarcus Cousins by any stretch of the imagination. The guy just wants to be wanted and has more social/personal cues at play.

Yup! Folks need to watch his interviews…the guy just wants his talents maximized and honestly he’s so skilled around the basket it doesn’t make sense to not heavily involve him.

crazy how people get non motor mixed up with just being wanted .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1