• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Need time to digest this one— we did get two picks which is nice and another young player to develop.  Dyson went 8th for a reason in ‘22, so lets see if this staff can unlock him more than the Pels.  

Or maybe we have more moves to make.  Glad we have already solved our back court issues this early in the offseason though.  We will be better next year before we even use or deal these picks.

• Like 1

Reading the tea leaves from insiders and the media and DJM easily had the highest trade value on the entire roster......

And the best on the court player we got back was benched in the playoffs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Looks like we basically broke even right for the Murray trade?

• We gave up a charlotte pick thats basically 2 seconds
  • 2025 pick
  • 2026 swap
  • 2027 pick
  • Gallo

And we get back 

• Larry Nance Jr
  • Dyson Daniels
  • 2025 pick
  • 2027 pick

Is that not close to even?

Yeah, pretty even honestly, it was a good experiment with DJ but Im glad its over.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, h4wkfan said:

Another $8M off our books … are we loading up for a follow up move? 

$2M from griffin. Now this ….

Smart thought.  Now we actually have a lot of picks available to trade.  I think up to five.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deester11 said:

You're bargaining from a position of strength. The insiders say the market was hot. NBA people said it. And this is it? Fk the feelings. Ain’t No defending this bs. 

I agree we should've gotten more because of Murray's contract, but I can make peace with the return. This is par the course for Landry Fields, they're playing chess while he plays checkers. This is why I don't get shocked or upset when news like this breaks out. There will be even worse in our future because we have a frat house making decisions for a Billion + dollar franchise.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Lakers do not have much of a pathway to be good next year.  They are a second apron team with very limited ability to make moves.  That pick could be a top 10 pick.  

• Like 4

Just now, Final_quest said:

Smart thought.  Now we actually have a lot of picks available to trade.  I think up to five.  

Need the Jarrett Allen plus a FRP trade for Hunter and I'm happy again

• Like 1

Just now, ShooterSays said:

Can someone smart explain the picks? I’m not home to look them up. 

Is the Lakers pick unprotected?

Least favorable pick NOP and MLK. Does that mean if NOP pick is 20 and MLK pick is 30, we get 30?

Yes and yes

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Just more picks for us to attach to the next salary dumps, Hunter and Capela. 

• Sad 1

Have to imagine New Orleans will try to flip Ingram for Allen. You might have some competition. 

Or perhaps these picks are now used to turn Hunter into Allen.

Edited by LarsV8

• Premium Member

We basically traded Gallo, a protected charlotte pick, and a pick swap for Larry Nance Jr and Dyson Daniels. 

Not crazy but atleast we're not under water anymore

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Can someone smart explain the picks? I’m not home to look them up. 

Is the Lakers pick unprotected?

Least favorable pick NOP and MLK. Does that mean if NOP pick is 20 and MLK pick is 30, we get 30?

Yes.  The Lakers pick is not protected.  Yes, we will get the worst pick between the Pelicans and Bucks in 2027.  

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Yeah, pretty even honestly, it was a good experiment with DJ but Im glad its over.  

Even? You related to the Resslers? The league is “hot” for Murray and you get this return? We should be a minor league team. 

2 minutes ago, Carmine said:

I agree we should've gotten more because of Murray's contract, but I can make peace with the return. This is par the course for Landry Fields, they're playing chess while he plays checkers. This is why I don't get shocked or upset when news like this breaks out. There will be even worse in our future because we have a frat house making decisions for a Billion + dollar franchise.

I know..but it's sad af. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, LarsV8 said:

Have to imagine New Orleans will try to flip Ingram for Allen. You might have some competition. 

Ingram doesn’t have much of a market.  No one wants a ball stopping mid range shooter who wants a $200 million contract.  

• Like 1

Just now, deester11 said:

Even? You related to the Resslers? The league is “hot” for Murray and you get this return? We should be a minor league team. 

Spoiler alert ... we already is!!!

• Haha 2