• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

7 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Could we be in the hunt for Donovan Mitchell?  We got a bunch of picks now.  

Meaning this sincerely. Did I miss something? We have 2. 1 of which wil suck unless both teams crater. Well and 2030 stuff lol. 

ETA: Okay 3 lol. 

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Are they gonna start? I hope not.

I think so. Dyson's on-ball defense is one of the best for a guard in the NBA. The only problem was that he was somewhat blocked behind Herb Jones and Brandon Ingram for the last two years.

We can offer a bigger role to him than what he's shown so far in NOLA now that DJ is gone.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Afro said:

And as I said in the other thread(sorry, posters seem to be split up between them lol), we're kind of out off blue chip trade chips now, too. 

We have the Lakers 25 now. But outside of average player swaps......where is the next improvement coming from? 

The Lakers *have* to suck. 

We have the SAC 1st in 2025 also have a plethora of 24 and under players. (9 to be exact). Development will be key so they don't become another AJG.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think so. Dyson's on-ball defense is one of the best for a guard in the NBA. The only problem was that he was somewhat blocked behind Herb Jones and Brandon Ingram for the last two years.

We can offer a bigger role to him than what he's shown so far in NOLA now that DJ is gone.

And he can't shoot

• Premium Member
Just now, LucastheThird said:

Call me crazy, but that Lakers 25 unprotected pick is a premium asset. All they have is a 40 year old LeBron who is finally due for an injury year, and Mr. Glass AD. We could very well be back picking in the lottery next year without our own pick. 

Lebron is going to give up playing time so Bronny can get some 🤓

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

You guys are so negative lol… this is fair value, makes us better by improving roster fit, and we have assets that give is flexibility.  This isnt some incredible trade but it’s not a bad one either.

Compared to the offers we heard at the trade deadline this was a nice haul.  People are nitpicking on everything, Landry can’t even say he’s building with our draft pick.  
If we want to get in a better payroll position, we have to thin the heard.  People are upset at cutting payroll each year, but we’ve been keeping an overpaid roster.  You can’t build a contender with the core we had.  

• Like 3

Just now, BangHolman said:

And he can't shoot

He may not need to be an excellent shooter. What we need are defenders. Are you comfortable with consistently conceding 150 points to the Pacers? 

Trae is capable of generating offense; we just need to secure defenders with size to handle the defensive end, and we'll be set. Additionally, I have faith in Quin's system and his ability to improve the players.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Yeah but unless we are unloading Hunter I would think Risacher is the starting 2 or 3.

bufkin should be Traes backup if he doesn’t get traded. Bogi is the backup 2 and I guess Dyson would be the back up 3? 

Hunter is likely gone. Just trying to make sense of everything.

6 minutes ago, Afro said:

Meaning this sincerely. Did I miss something? We have 2. 1 of which wil suck unless both teams crater. Well and 2030 stuff lol. 

ETA: Okay 3 lol. 

We have the 2 from NOP.

Kings

Five total firsts available to trade

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I want you to be right, NekkedEcho.  I'm just venrimg a little bit.  Gimme some rope.  I'll reel it back in, in a day or so.

I've been a fan of Dyson for a while and I called for them to find that next poa defender star.  This could be it. 

I don't wish to be correct just for the sake of it; I simply desire for all of us to view the situation objectively, without any bias. Moreover, I believe Quin agreed to this deal because if he were opposed to it, it wouldn't have occurred.

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We have the 2 from NOP.

Kings

Five total firsts available to trade

I'm of the mindset that we shouldnt be trading every single 1st we're allowed under the Stepien forever. 

Sorry, I should have added that to the original post. That's kind of what I meant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Jarrett Allen & Zach LaVine

Both can be reasonably had and both address key holes in the roster.

We need someone to replace the 20 ppg scoring we just lost and need someone who can replace ECF Capela interior defense.

I’m onboard with something like this. Jarrett Allen is target #1 at this point

Edited by theheroatl

3 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Jarrett Allen & Zach LaVine

Both can be reasonably had and both address key holes in the roster.

We need someone to replace the 20 ppg scoring we just lost and need someone who can replace ECF Capela interior defense.

Where is the 30 million youll need to get Lavine? 

(37 million salary-what space Im assuming we currently have). 

Are y'all doing a Capela-Bogi for Lavine deal? I don't think I am. But if you're trading Hunter for Allen, thats about all thats left.