• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't agree. I think it's decent 4. 

I like the fit. I always felt Daniels was the perfect fit to Trae as a prospect and I feel like he could be now if he shoots it much better. 

Risacher fits with anyone and he especially fits with Trae.

JJ has already turn himself into someone who can fit Trae. 

Then Hunter, OO and Bogi off the bench. Nance is a legit backup 4 too. Only spot off the bench with question marks is PG.

Since they love Bufkin so much I’d think he’s the backup point next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

The highly paid starters were Trae, Murray, Hunter, JC, and Capela.  It’s gonna take a minute to transition from that into a complete overhaul.  But committing to that core would have never worked. NEVER.  

The roster is one thing, but we needed a cap sheet turnover as well.  

I have zero arguments against this aspect lol. I'm right there with you with the current(old) makeup of the Hawks. 

I still just think the Hawks needed to get Hawkins instead of Dyson or Nance. 

1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

The highly paid starters were Trae, Murray, Hunter, JC, and Capela.  It’s gonna take a minute to transition from that into a complete overhaul.  But committing to that core would have never worked. NEVER.  

The roster is one thing, but we needed a cap sheet turnover as well.  

I have zero arguments against this aspect lol. I'm right there with you with the current(old) makeup of the Hawks. 

I still just think the Hawks needed to get Hawkins instead of Dyson or Nance at the very least. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't agree. I think it's decent 4. 

I like the fit. I always felt Daniels was the perfect fit to Trae as a prospect and I feel like he could be now if he shoots it much better. 

Risacher fits with anyone and he especially fits with Trae.

JJ has already turn himself into someone who can fit Trae. 

Then Hunter, OO and Bogi off the bench. Nance is a legit backup 4 too. Only spot off the bench with question marks is PG.

“If” Daniels shoots it much better. That’s the biggest “if” I’ve ever seen. He’s a career 64% FT shooter. I don’t see it.

I’m with you on Risacher and JJ though, but I don’t see Risacher making a major impact until year 3 and by then the Spurs will have danced their way to the bank with our picks.

• Like 1

It's funny, ya'll was 💯 for Murray and i was like, this shit ain't gonna work. 

Now I am for this. 

I can't lie, I liked every move I've seen from Fields. This is the worst of them for now but if they get Daniels shooting improved like Vit, then Daniels is a stud for us and we don't know what's gonna be of that Lakers pick

Let's not get crazy. Ok moves. I am going to wait.. I’ve been bytching but I can squint and see something. 

It's funny, ya'll was 💯 for Murray and i was like, this shit ain't gonna work. 

Now I am for this. 

I can't lie, I liked every move I've seen from Fields. This is the worst of them for now but if they get Daniels shooting improved like Vit, then Daniels is a stud for us and we don't know what's gonna be of that Lakers pick

I don't get the negativity. We all said that the biggest issue with the Hawks was FIT not talent. The Hawks have acquired guys that appear to fit well together and everyone flips out. Don't get it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, aali34 said:

These are the kind of moves Dallas made that helped them turn their season around.

They got less for Porzingis then we did for Murray btw

TBF Porzingis was greatly depreciated compared to DJM. Even with the Trae/DJM fit. 

There were salary, injury, and performance issues with KP. DJM has none of that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

“If” Daniels shoots it much better. That’s the biggest “if” I’ve ever seen. He’s a career 64% FT shooter. I don’t see it.

I’m with you on Risacher and JJ though, but I don’t see Risacher making a major impact until year 3 and by then the Spurs will have danced their way to the bank with our picks.

Risacher is ready to help a NBA team right now. Any NBA team much less a team like the Hawks with Trae 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

That’s a better team than what we finished with this year.  This is a team that is now full of versatile defenders who can defend multiple positions and switch.  Okongwu’s defense makes a big jump with the better perimeter defense.  Johnson will not have to be covering for the perimeter mistakes.  

Johnson will also thrive offensively in a secondary creation role, and we will probably see more of Okongwu’s super efficient offense.  

Y’all are way too high on Daniels and must think we’re getting year 3 Risacher in year 1 at 19 years old.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't get the negativity. We all said that the biggest issue with the Hawks was FIT not talent. The Hawks have acquired guys that appear to fit well together and everyone flips out. Don't get it. 

Just to answer your question. If Daniels can't shoot(which every metric says he shouldnt be able to) the fit is not anywhere near what yall say it is. 

Then we traded for a D and no 3 player and a somewhat expiring Nance. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He plays off the ball and on the ball well. Shooting is really his flaw. Other than that, I always liked him more than most of New Orleans wings outside of Murphy and Jones. 

He is not really very good on the ball, but is decent as a secondary ball handler for short minutes.  He is not a creator and needs to improve his touch around the rim.  He is a very good defender though and very young.  He and the 2025 Laker pick are solid pickups.  I would not plan on him starting, at least for a couple more years.

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Man please. It's fair to question where we’re going with this. Insiders and media told us Murray was the hottest thing smoking. Look at these moves in a vacuum and tell me they move the needle except to better than play in. Most people are still waiting on other shoes to drop. It’s more than fair so people that question the moves are just as right as those who love it. Jeez

• Like 1

Just now, Birdsfan said:

He is not really very good on the ball, but is decent as a secondary ball handler for short minutes.  He is not a creator and needs to improve his touch around the rim.  He is a very good defender though and very young.  He and the 2025 Laker pick are solid pickups.  I would not plan on him starting, at least for a couple more years.

Well is well, it's not very good obviously but it's solid. He's more than decent as a secondary ball handler, he's actually good at it. 

I wouldn't consider him a creator either. 

I definitely think his touch around the rim is good for his position 

Yep!

I think he could start asap for us. Especially with Trae.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mikey said:

i told you guys

This just confirms how bad Fields is a deal making.  He got Ressler to override Schlenk to make the DJM deal and lost that end of it.  Now he goes full circle by losing the trade of DJM to NO.  He couldn’t leverage the 1 pick even when Washington was desperate for Sarr.  He traded Huerter for a pick with so many protections that we still haven’t seen any return years later and might not even get a first.  Gave away Collins for garbage and left $10M in money under the tax line unused to leave massive holes on the roster last year.  

We are a badly mismanaged organization right now.  

• Thanks 4
  • Sad 2

Yeah the negativity angle is so overblown. The positive angle HAS to see Dyson turn from a 64% FT shooter into a good 3pt shooter. Thats dubious at best. 

IF he cant shoot.....You'll have 2 meh shooters and 1 terrible shooter in the starting lineup(JJ,OO, Dyson). That doesnt work. It's also not great if you move those around to the bench either, as I already mentioned. Then you have Bogi and hope? for backup offense. 

The other positive angle requires a team with 2 superstars to fall out of the playoffs. Also dubious at best. 

Yall can call people negative, but youre banking on A WHOLE LOT. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

This just confirms how bad Fields is a deal making.  He got Ressler to override Schlenk to make the DJM deal and lost that end of it.  Now he goes full circle by losing the trade of DJM to NO.  He couldn’t leverage the 1 pick even when Washington was desperate for Sarr.  He traded Huerter for a pick with so many protections that we still haven’t seen any return years later and might not even get a first.  Gave away Collins for garbage and left $10M in money under the tax line unused to leave massive holes on the roster last year.  

We are a badly mismanaged organization right now.  

That was on the Resslers and Trae. Not Landry but he didn't reject it either so he's not without blame