• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Getting a starter quality player is loco?  You guys set your sights too low sometimes.  If the Hawks could get players like DJM who fit a desperate need on the roster and give up the Sacramento pick, two guys off our bench one in his 30s and the other not good enough to play in the playoffs, and next year’s first round pick when we are projected to be in the playoffs then I would be thrilled.  

My reference was I think many are looking at it like the bar should be a Mikal type trade. That was never realistic. This is by no means a home run trade. I think it’s closer to fair than many believe. 

murray cost us 2 2nds, 2 unprotected picks and 1 swap (+ filler). We got back … 2 unprotected picks, a recently drafted second round pick, Daniels (probably more valuable than a pick swap) and filler. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Great buy low candidate!

Brother, I am not supporting shipping our 1st or 2nd most valuable player off for a buy low candidate lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, h4wkfan said:

My reference was I think many are looking at it like the bar should be a Mikal type trade. That was never realistic. This is by no means a home run trade. I think it’s closer to fair than many believe. 

murray cost us 2 2nds, 2 unprotected picks and 1 swap (+ filler). We got back … 2 unprotected picks, a recently drafted second round pick, Daniels (probably more valuable than a pick swap) and filler. 

Not exactly. "worst of the best" is a protection. 

1 minute ago, NekiEcko said:

So should just went with BI and call it a day?

Nope. If it wasnt Herb, I've said Hawkins and I will stick to it. 

ETA: The Pels managed to make this deal with ONE of their favorable assets. Is that honestly good to yall? 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 2

The Landry apologists have got to start being honest about this franchise and admit, we are equally invested in saving money as we are “adding pieces that fit” around Trae Young.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Afro said:

Just to answer your question. If Daniels can't shoot(which every metric says he shouldnt be able to) the fit is not anywhere near what yall say it is. 

Then we traded for a D and no 3 player and a somewhat expiring Nance. 

DJM was 31% and 32% the two years prior to coming here and shot 34% in year 1 and 36% in year 2 in Atlanta. DD has played 2 yrs and shoots 31%. Yall really think it's some impossible task for Kyle Korver to get him to 35%?? 

35 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Man please. It's fair to question where we’re going with this. Insiders and media told us Murray was the hottest thing smoking. Look at these moves in a vacuum and tell me they move the needle except to better than play in. Most people are still waiting on other shoes to drop. It’s more than fair so people that question the moves are just as right as those who love it. Jeez

Where we are going with this? It's obvious. Length and Defense around Trae. Balance. They aren't finished but yall acting like they are the Pistons or something. 

• Like 1

Just now, REHawksFan said:

DJM was 31% and 32% the two years prior to coming here and shot 34% in year 1 and 36% in year 2 in Atlanta. DD has played 2 yrs and shoots 31%. Yall really think it's some impossible task for Kyle Korver to get him to 35%?? 

Where we are going with this? It's obvious. Length and Defense around Trae. Balance. They aren't finished but yall acting like they are the Pistons or something. 

Daniels shot 64% FT. Y'all gotta stop acting like it's only 3s he sucks at. Dude cannot shoot right now. At all. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Maybe that's why they lost in the playoffs?

Probably needed more of the 4.4 PER and negative WS and BPM production be delivered when he was on the floor.  Another 60 minutes of that would have really changed the outcome of the series.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Not exactly. "worst of the best" is a protection. 

Nope. If it wasnt Herb, I've said Hawkins and I will stick to it. 

ETA: The Pels managed to make this deal with ONE of their favorable assets. Is that honestly good to yall? 

It’s still unprotected. We are getting a 2027 pick. There is just as much upside to that pick as the 2027 hawks pick. Honestly with the bucks aging and Zion being Zion. Both have probably higher upside than ours (assuming Trae stays).

Just now, Sothron said:

I will say what myself @NBASupes @thecampster and @Mikey have been saying:

The hardest player to get in the NBA is a big wing. When you get excellent POA defenders like Dyson Daniels on a rookie contract...that's real, tangible value. The Lakers pick is UNPROTECTED for 2025. What if the injuries happen and that pick goes in the lottery? What if we possibly land Cooper Flagg or one of the other top prospects next year?

All of that is possible now. 

We were never going to get the package the Nets got. The Knicks lost their ****ing minds to give up what they gave up for him. This was the best trade we could get. 

This is more a general statement and not directed at you, but it keeps being said over and over. 

Who the hell has said anything about a Mykal like package? 

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Brother, I am not supporting shipping our 1st or 2nd most valuable player off for a buy low candidate lol.

Daniels like one of the best defenders in the NBA, 1st team potential. Herb was the dream but no way you can be upset with nabbing Daniels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

This is more a general statement and not directed at you, but it keeps being said over and over. 

Who the hell has said anything about a Mykal like package? 

You don't pay attention to NBA twitter at all then lol

Just now, Carmine said:

Daniels like one of the best defenders in the NBA, 1st team potential. Herb was the dream but no way you can be upset with nabbing Daniels.

Herb truly fits seamlessly. Daniels absolutely does not unless he can shoot. Y'all gotta stop acting like that doesnt matter at all. Thats a huge difference. 

If we were talking about some random prospect who shot 64% FTs, none of yall would assume he can shoot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Probably needed more of the 4.4 PER and negative WS and BPM production be delivered when he was on the floor.  Another 60 minutes of that would have really changed the outcome of the series.

Um hello.. Quin will develop Dyson into the next Bogi

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

You don't pay attention to NBA twitter at all then lol

Shoot, your twitter must be worse than mine. For that I feel bad for you lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
Just now, h4wkfan said:

It’s still unprotected. We are getting a 2027 pick. There is just as much upside to that pick as the 2027 hawks pick. Honestly with the bucks aging and Zion being Zion. Both have probably higher upside than ours (assuming Trae stays).

There is absolutely not as much upside to our 2027 pick as the one we just got.  Getting the worst of two teams picks is really bad especially when both have paths to be contenders.  One has an MVP talent already and the other has a young core that was good enough to make the playoffs without a PG that will all be in their prime in 2 years.  Young is an UFA who can leave the team with nothing in 2027 which makes us a team with an obvious path to bottom of the league status.  There is no way the Spurs would consider trading our pick for that Worst Of selection in a million years.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I will say what myself @NBASupes @thecampster and @Mikey have been saying:

The hardest player to get in the NBA is a big wing. When you get excellent POA defenders like Dyson Daniels on a rookie contract...that's real, tangible value. The Lakers pick is UNPROTECTED for 2025. What if the injuries happen and that pick goes in the lottery? What if we possibly land Cooper Flagg or one of the other top prospects next year?

All of that is possible now. 

We were never going to get the package the Nets got. The Knicks lost their ****ing minds to give up what they gave up for him. This was the best trade we could get. 

You realize the massive gap between those two trade returns, right?  This is like arguing that trading Alonzo Mourning for PJ Washington and Stacy Augmon and a couple of likely 15-25 picks is a bad return and hearing someone say “you don’t really think we were going to get Shaq did you?”  No we didn’t.  We expected better than a platter of role players and low % draft gambles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2