• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

This goes back to the Trae discussions. If you trade a very good player to a team, you absolutely cannot expect them to suck. 

Next year? Sure. What does that team look like in 3 seasons when 2 of their top 3 scorers are gone and their best player has averaged 37 games / year since he has been in the league? 

keep in mind that very good player has never been the primary starter on a team with a > .500 record. 

Just now, h4wkfan said:

Next year? Sure. What does that team look like in 3 seasons when 2 of their top 3 scorers are gone and their best player has averaged 37 games / year since he has been in the league? 

keep in mind that very good player has never been the primary starter on a team with a > .500 record. 

You're definitely not wrong with the last part lol. 

But the Pels have now invested a ton into that roster. Only the hawks would turn around and blow that up within 3 years lol. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

The Landry apologists have got to start being honest about this franchise and admit, we are equally invested in saving money as we are “adding pieces that fit” around Trae Young.

The other side to this is people are not accepting how bad our core was.  Not bad because they were bad players, but they were paid at the top 60-70 players in the entire league.  
Additionally we were in a draft pick deficit.  

I don’t see Landry as anything great just yet, but he’s laying a path forward where there is a cohesive vision.  At the same time we’ve unloaded guys who don’t fit (Murray) and are overpaid (Collins, with Capela and maybe Hunter coming next).  And we are draft pick positive for the moment.

It’s difficult to unload junk, add premium talent, add draft picks, and have all the players fit.    Still want to see Landry hit a home run.  Lots left to do.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They didn't want to include him. They would have meant another roster spot. I've been told to hold off on judging the offseason until they finish making their moves from a Hawks source.

This is what some of us have been saying for weeks up to the draft, which was only one point on lego in the cityscape. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I will say what myself @NBASupes @thecampster and @Mikey have been saying:

The hardest player to get in the NBA is a big wing. 

Especially when we just drafted two right? Or which is why we are still shopping Hunter, right?

Or why we didn’t want the Pels to include a shot making big wing like Ingram in the deal right?

It’s so hard that we are managing to add big wings on cheap rookie deals while still trying to offload or avoid veteran big wings.

So is it really that finding a big wing is the issue, or that we are trying to avoid spending money while doing it?

Edited by RedDawg#8

45 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

DJM was 31% and 32% the two years prior to coming here and shot 34% in year 1 and 36% in year 2 in Atlanta. DD has played 2 yrs and shoots 31%. Yall really think it's some impossible task for Kyle Korver to get him to 35%?? 

Where we are going with this? It's obvious. Length and Defense around Trae. Balance. They aren't finished but yall acting like they are the Pistons or something. 

"Y’all”, don’t buy everything being thrown at us. We also know this roster should not in any way be finished. We also know this FO has been mid. If you believe different.. kudos. I don’t …until I see the final result. The 3 year run of mediocrity doesn’t give them the benefit of the doubt FOR ME. I want championships.. not play ins. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deester11 said:

"Y’all”, don’t buy everything being thrown at us. We also know this roster should not in any way be finished. We also know this FO has been mid. If you believe different.. kudos. I don’t …until I see the final result. The 3 year run of mediocrity doesn’t give them the benefit of the doubt FOR ME. I want championships.. not play ins. 

So you recognize that the roster isn't finished but still flipping out over it? 

I ain't got the energy for all that. To each his own I guess. 

7 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Let’s learn to actually make the playoffs first then the championship conversation may be able to take place.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

The play in front line was Hunter, Capela, and JC all getting paid like they were among the best in the league.  When you invest heavily in the wrong things, you are trapped in mediocrity.  
Unless you can see the tear down was necessary, you can’t buy in on the remodel project.  

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For those who like this move, what do you say about Trae? Does this move inspire confidence that we are trying to compete?  That was literally all he asked for.

I don’t think it would be enough for Trae. I am hoping we make another move and that this move is only to set up another. Otherwise, I don’t see Trae with us much longer. 

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For those who like this move, what do you say about Trae? Does this move inspire confidence that we are trying to compete?  That was literally all he asked for.

I don’t think it would be enough for Trae. I am hoping we make another move and that this move is only to set up another. Otherwise, I don’t see Trae with us much longer. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

IMG_9907.png

IMG_9908.png

This is literally what every comment is. But this was a good trade for us?

Hope I get proven wrong about this.

I mean, you are citing fan reactions. The guys who cover the team don't seem floored by the return. Just sayin.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

The play in front line was Hunter, Capela, and JC all getting paid like they were among the best in the league.  When you invest heavily in the wrong things, you are trapped in mediocrity.  
Unless you can see the tear down was necessary, you can’t buy in on the remodel project.  

It’s not on the fanbase to have vision. The team has to do a better job with it’s messaging. The constant trade rumors year after year followed by underwhelming returns does not earn patience points or entitle them to public buy-in.  

• Like 1