• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I don’t think it would be enough for Trae. I am hoping we make another move and that this move is only to set up another. Otherwise, I don’t see Trae with us much longer.

This. So this. 

If folks on the outside like us aren't the least bit inspired with the returns on this trade, I could imagine that Laundry had to be on the phone with Trae seconds after the deal broke to tell him that help was on the way. There has to be more to this than getting a couple of role players...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Alternatively and more realistically:

Daniels probably never develops a shot so his impact is limited, Lebron and AD lead the Lakers to the playoffs and we end up with a pick in the 20’s. And the ‘27 pick worst of NOP and MLK also ends up in the 20’s.

Trae never gets the help he needs and demands out.

LA picked 17 this year, correct?  What makes you think they will be better next year?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Dejay said:

This. So this. 

If folks on the outside like us aren't the least bit inspired with the returns on this trade, I could imagine that Laundry had to be on the phone with Trae seconds after the deal broke to tell him that help was on the way. There has to be more to this than getting a couple of role players...

It’s over man. Nobody is coming to save us. I don’t even want to get the alert when Trae is gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For those who like this move, what do you say about Trae? Does this move inspire confidence that we are trying to compete?  That was literally all he asked for.

First off, I don't think the Hawks are done so this move on its own doesn't have to sway Trae one way or another, imo. 

With that caveat made, I would say that Trae is a very smart dude that understands how teams are made up. The FO has almost immediately transformed the roster to include more length and defense around him. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't like that.

With that said, though, it's all about timing. Does he think the roster is too young? Too far away? Who knows. 

15 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

IMG_9907.png

IMG_9908.png

This is literally what every comment is. But this was a good trade for us?

Hope I get proven wrong about this.

Yall really trying to ruin my night huh

Edited by Afro

4 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

It’s not on the fanbase to have vision. The team has to do a better job with it’s messaging. The constant trade rumors year after year followed by underwhelming returns does not earn patience points or entitle them to public buy-in.  

It damn sure don't. You don't get the benefit of the doubt when you're giving away players while getting back stale nacho chips every effin year...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

LA picked 17 this year, correct?  What makes you think they will be better next year?

Does 17 really make it that much better? Lol

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Yall really trying to ruin my night huh

Save it for when Trae inevitably asks out.

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Everybody R-E-L-A-X.

July 1st isn't even here yet. 

There are some trades that are best made before June 30th. Then there are others that will occur after July 1st.

Am I over the moon with the return - NO, especially with the 'can't win a trade' feeling that permeates this team.

But in the end, I'm more interested in what the roster will ultimately be when games begin in October.  That will determine the full scope of our offseason.

Its gonna be a long offseason - save some of your hanging for later. 😆 🤣 

You’re right. We’re just running low on assets to fix this thing with. 

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

It’s over man. Nobody is coming to save us. I don’t even want to get the alert when Trae is gone. 

Trae isn't going anywhere. There would be no reason for the Hawks to get a POA defender for Murray if they were also going to trade Trae.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Haven't you heard, they got Bronny.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

You’re right. We’re just running low on assets to fix this thing with. 

What do you want to do with the assets?

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

For me it's the value that it represents in terms of using it in trade for upgrades. Right now it's eye candy to other teams.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everybody R-E-L-A-X.

There are some trades that are best made before June 30th. Then there are others that will occur after July 1st.

Am I over the moon with the return - NO, especially with the 'can't win a trade' feeling that permeates this organization.

But in the end, I'm more interested in what the roster will ultimately be when games begin in October.  That will determine the full scope of our offseason.

Koonin mentioned June 30th.

i don’t think he would say that without knowledge of a deal contingent on that

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Koonin mentioned June 30th.

i don’t think he would say that without knowledge of a deal contingent on that

June 30th is when teams can start negotiations with FA. It used to be July 1st.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What do you want to do with the assets?

IDK, it’s slim pickings out there right now. Center upgrade should be priority #1. I hope the Jarrett Allen rumor is legit. Just feels like Landry really needs to “win” a trade here soon. If nothing else but for the confidence of the fanbase.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

For me it's the value that it represents in terms of using it in trade for upgrades. Right now it's eye candy to other teams.

It is eye candy.  As much as I enjoy the draft and hope to keep the pick, it may just be a tool needed to complete a different deal.  With how volatile LA’s roster is, the pick could end up being quite high.  Hang onto it

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everybody R-E-L-A-X.

Am I over the moon with the return - NO, especially with the 'can't win a trade' feeling that permeates this organization.

Only cause you asked, but I am going full troll mode if Trae is traded.