• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

Ayton seems like a classic loving the idea of somebody rather than acknowledging the reality of them situation. 

I also don't see how there's any path to a "buy low". You'll have to give up a valuable asset at the very least just to take back the 34 million....

Edited by Afro
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

No matter what, he produces consistently.  I can't speak to the coaching and development environment in Phoenix and Portland.

Maybe it's not on the coaching and development.  Two stops where they have unloaded him.   You got to think why they want to deal this guy away?   There is a STOP sign there.  

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Him getting benched in the playoffs and everything isn't a good look but the clips of him just not trying are the ones that really curdle the milk for me.  

We've all seen this but WTF is he doing here?

“Coach— Am I allowed to get back on the court after I step out of bounds?  Should we let Jokic take all of these uncontested shots at the rim to lower their FG % and make our defensive metrics look better?”

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

after getting a fresh start in POR (after a few injuries), he had a great end to the season averaging 23.2p / 12.4r in the last 15 games and was even a positive leader in the locker room. 

Why do you think they want to get rid of him if he was so positive there last year?  I see a lot of negativity on his time in Portland from fans and media there.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He obviously doesn't. Murray trade value is significantly higher than Ayton. Capela trade value is higher than Ayton and Murray trade value is significantly higher than CC

Exactly. We can get Ayton and still do whatever we have planned with Murray.

An Ayton/OO center rotation would be nice.

We have a lot of options here.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why do you think they want to get rid of him if he was so positive there last year?  I see a lot of negativity on his time in Portland from fans and media there.  

I chalk up Ayton’s first half with POR as him getting over the trauma with the Suns and as someone learning to trust coaches, the organization, and teammates (which he said he was able to do with POR later in the season). Unfortunately, the media and fans are quick to judge (which we know far too well in ATL) and claimed he wasn’t the future in POR early on even though the team had a green coach (Billups), team injuries, and a questionable roster build. During the draft, POR likely saw an opportunity to draft a quality/coveted/more defensive oriented big in Clingan. POR likely sees Clingan as a 2-fold win-win: (1) Ayton’s backup replacing Robert Williams III who has health issues; (2) cheaper big who can become the starting C should they move on from Ayton. I wouldn’t say POR wants to get rid of Ayton. I’d say the POR FO is like a squirrel that needs to pick a direction.

Edited by djjob23

43 minutes ago, AHF said:

His cost is fairly high with two years left.  Even if they like Ayton, Capela would offer a shorter path to cap relief.  

• Like 1

I'm curious if they will attempt to trade DJM before the new NBA calendar year starts, possibly due to financial reasons or other factors.

While Ayton carries some risk, currently there's a lack of size at the Center position. Even with the addition of better wings, the team will still be outmatched in the post and rebounding. Therefore, taking a chance on him might be necessary unless another player can fulfill that role.

• Like 1