• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with that, I always thought he would be a great fit here but as backup Big, I don't see him starting.

He always goes off against us

36 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t mind a trade for Jarrett Allen at all but again where is your secondary bucket getter in this lineup???

Trae, Daniels, Risacher, Jalen, Allen

do you guys really believe Risacher and Jalen can be hi to scorers when Trae is trapped ?? Because that lineup absolutely puts that pressure on them.

i just don’t think they are ready for that and it’s asking for a lot out of them.

I have this concern too. After taking some time and thinking over this trade a little more I think there has to be another move to be made.

I really wanted us to get Herb from the Pelicans and the fact that we couldn’t find a way to do that or even bring in Ingram (who I really didn’t want anyway but at least he is a scorer) tells me they simply did not want him. It does not mean they could not have gotten him but there may be another player via trade or FA they’d prefer to have. We gave up Murray but still have Hunter, Capela, and OO who are all expendable via trade and could be flipped for someone much better.

Anyway, I  think we could have gotten Ingram but maybe it doesn’t match with Landry’s vision. And whatever it is I hope we all see it within the next week before we all lose our minds 😂

Edited by Bonzaii58
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If it's not one thing it's another. We are going to need a secondary ball handler with Murray gone. Dont know if Bufkin is up to that task.

Agreed. Delon Wright and Tyus Jones are people that come to mind for me. 

10 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Alternatively and more realistically:

Daniels probably never develops a shot so his impact is limited, Lebron and AD lead the Lakers to the playoffs and we end up with a pick in the 20’s. And the ‘27 pick worst of NOP and MLK also ends up in the 20’s.

Trae never gets the help he needs and demands out.

Daniels actually improved throughout the year on his offense, it was always what it was but he has consistently improved it slowly in 2 years, we need to chill on this he will always have no offense stuff.  It's way harder to get guys to play D much less be elite at it.

• Like 3

I’m not opposed to keeping Hunter either. Just saying Bench Hunter was great!

Since there’s so many eyes in having all these wing players, why not just keep him.

I would rather attach a first with Capela and ship him off alone now that I think about it 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

Allen should be target #1, agreed. But we’re also going to need a scorer to take some of that burden off of Trae.

Just throwing this out there what if we did both trades and get Allen and Ayton( he’s always wanted to play PF) for CC and Hunter? You move JJ to SF and start ZR at the 2. Would that move the needle for anyone?

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Just throwing this out there what if we did both trades and get Allen and Ayton( he’s always wanted to play PF) for CC and Hunter? You move JJ to SF and start ZR at the 2. Would that move the needle for anyone?

:er:.

No and No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I actually like the idea of Dyson Daniel at the 2 next to Trae and Risacher at the 3.

i don’t think we need to change that part …Dyson can really defend his ass off and he’s getting ready to show it. I’d trade for Thybulle as another option if we don’t keep Hunter.

for center we just gotta choose…Ayton or Allen. Also I have watched about 95% of all of Aytons interviews and read numerous articles I don’t believe he has ever stated he wants to play the 4.

Ayton has stated he wants a big part in an offense, yes. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Agreed. Delon Wright and Tyus Jones are people that come to mind for me. 

Daniels actually has a lot of Delon similarities already 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Couple of points on this one: we did just use the JC TPE in the Murray trade and created a new TPE to roll another year.  Also, we didnt sell JC at the bottom of his value, his value is actually still going down.

Can you explain how we used the JC TPE on the Murray trade? 

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Forget high priced centers like Ayton and Allen....I would look for MLE type Centers to backup OO.

Screenshot_20240629_102510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240629_102529_Samsung Internet.jpg

More here:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba-free-agent-rankings-top-centers-available-summer/

BroLo

BroLo

BroLo.... 

24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

WOW! I think that's a record.

Screenshot_20240629_101600_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeah and at this point what else is there to be learned from lurking here.

They waiting for the Trae trade?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Forget high priced centers like Ayton and Allen....I would look for MLE type Centers to backup OO.

Screenshot_20240629_102510_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240629_102529_Samsung Internet.jpg

More here:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2024-nba-free-agent-rankings-top-centers-available-summer/

I wouldn’t consider Allen high priced.

he will make more than that on his next contract.

I believe Ayton will be worth his contract next to Trae but that’s just me.

Lets say we get Jonas Val to be our other starting center along with OO, cause we all know OO can’t man the center position alone (he’s too small).

How many games is this team winning ?

Trae, Dyson, Risacher, Jalen , OO or Jonas depending on center matchup

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JTB said:

I don’t mind a trade for Jarrett Allen at all but again where is your secondary bucket getter in this lineup???

Trae, Daniels, Risacher, Jalen, Allen

do you guys really believe Risacher and Jalen can be hi to scorers when Trae is trapped ?? Because that lineup absolutely puts that pressure on them.

i just don’t think they are ready for that and it’s asking for a lot out of them.

I don't believe Daniels is a starter.  I think we are most likely to start Risacher and Hunter where both of them are viable scoring / shooting threats.  I think it is likely that Bogi is the fist guy off the bench for offense and Daniels for defense.

• Like 2