• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

9 minutes ago, akay said:

No more Bey next year? Guess Zac is gonna soak up his minutes and provide better defense and offense thank goodness 

I'm OK with it. He was streaky offensively and a liability on defense. We got a log jam at forward so no reason to bring him back.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is also some chatter about Sacramento making a deal for Lauri, but to do it, they would have to remove the protections on the Hawks pick so they can deal firsts in 27,29, and 31.  

I was posting in another thread regarding the TPEs and used Lauri as an example...then I had a thought:

Can the Hawks put together a package to acquire him using the 2025 LAL and SAC picks as a starting point?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

So....

I have to say something..

Hawksquawk is one of the more active team boards around the league... whenever I search through non-realgm boards for activity for other teams I usually am surprised how little and active those fanbases are on forums.

Congrats squawkers! We are big time

Love it.  We all care a lot, which is why you see so much healthy debate and discussion on here

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I was posting in another thread regarding the TPEs and used Lauri as an example...then I had a thought:

Can the Hawks put together a package to acquire him using the 2025 LAL and SAC picks as a starting point?

He’s a shooter, but I don’t think he fits the direction they are going in defensively.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Would be sick if the hawks could put a compelling package together to get Lauri, but I feel like Presti is gonna throw like 5 frps at Utah and get him

• Like 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, akay said:

No more Bey next year? Guess Zac is gonna soak up his minutes and provide better defense and offense thank goodness 

Screenshot_20240629_133940_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I’ve been pretty vocal about getting Porzingis and then Lauri in the past. 7 footers who can space the floor are so valuable.

I’m not sure about the fit now that Jalen is cemented himself at the 4 tho. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, ShooterSays said:

I’ve been pretty vocal about getting Porzingis and then Lauri in the past. 7 footers who can space the floor are so valuable.

I’m not sure about the fit now that Jalen is cemented himself at the 4 tho. 

Thought Lauri was playing more SF?

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

thoughts?

I think they need to focus on converting Hunter into a better defensive anchor and Capela into a backup PF or a pick.

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thought Lauri was playing more SF?

I haven’t watched much Jazz basketball but hard to see him guarding SF’s on defense. But I’m really not sure.

Lauri would solve all my offensive concerns from last night tho! 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I think they need to focus on converting Hunter into a better defensive anchor and Capela into a backup PF or a pick.

Capela at the 4 ?….that’s not happening.

10 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I haven’t watched much Jazz basketball but hard to see him guarding SF’s on defense. But I’m really not sure.

Lauri would solve all my offensive concerns from last night tho! 

@JayBirdHawk is right he did play SF with the Cavs before they traded him to Utah. He wasn’t terrible at it but that also doesn’t mean he was great at it.

honestly we gotta stop thinking about positional basketball (at least offensively)…if we could add Lauri , offensively it wouldn’t matter what his position is.

Now defensively we don’t want Lauri defending 3s full time and we’d still need a defensive center unless someone wants to attempt to truly make him an anchor.