• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

Capela at the 4 ?….that’s not happening.

@JayBirdHawk is right he did play SF with the Cavs before they traded him to Utah. He wasn’t terrible at it but that also doesn’t mean he was great at it.

honestly we gotta stop thinking about positional basketball (at least offensively)…if we could add Lauri , offensively it wouldn’t matter what his position is.

Now defensively we don’t want Lauri defending 3s full time and we’d still need a defensive center unless someone wants to attempt to truly make him an anchor.

I mean trade Capela for a backup 4 or a pick

Well we have Nance now so maybe just a vet PG.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I mean trade Capela for a backup 4 or a pick

Well we have Nance now so maybe just a vet PG.

I feel that Ayton is the best available fit. Our FO need to get over his contract and realize he will show he’s worth it once he plays with Trae.

• Like 1

@theheroatl I think Bufkin is going to get the opportunity to play backup point . I really do.

there was so much chatter about how much the FO loved him including Synder. Then the kid played his ass off defensively. He will likely get the opportunity to be Traes backup 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

@theheroatl I think Bufkin is going to get the opportunity to play backup point . I really do.

there was so much chatter about how much the FO loved him including Synder. Then the kid played his ass off defensively. He will likely get the opportunity to be Traes backup 

True but they need a backup vet as always. Trent Forrest isn't an option if you are giving Kobe the burn now.

Someone on the vet min.

Honestly, Delon is a UFA Non-Bird.. Hawks need to sign him first

PG: Trae, Bufkin, Delon
SG: Risacher (ideally), Bogi
SF: Hunter (as of right now), Daniels
PF: Jalen, Nance, Meth Bogi
Center: Capela, OO, Bruno

Edited by theheroatl

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

True but they need a backup vet as always. Trent Forrest isn't an option if you are giving Kobe the burn now.

Someone on the vet min.

Honestly, Delon is a UFA Non-Bird.. Hawks need to sign him first

PG: Trae, Bufkin, Delon
SG: Risacher (ideally), Bogi
SF: Hunter (as of right now), Daniels
PF: Jalen, Nance, Meth Bogi
Center: Capela, OO, Bruno

Would love to get Delon back! But we need to focus on the starting center position first.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Would love to get Delon back! But we need to focus on the starting center position first.

SNT Kyle Anderson (TPE 15 Mil per year 3 years), Sign Delon - $2.5m per year - two years, & Trade for Allen (Hunter)

My dream for FA tomorrow if Mitchell and Mobley are extended and Cleveland needs to move Allen.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Speaking of Tucker, was interested in bringing him on board before the Nance trade. 

Or is a Nance trade to LAC for PJ and a pick worth exploring?

Reposting here

PJ Tucker and LAC 2030 1st for Nance.

Pick up an extra pick to use in a Lauri trade.

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.af16c3933d31dc39c9fcec4136fc7aa5.png

This is a top 10 defensive team instantly overnight (add Risacher - Waive Liddell, Waive Cap holds on Forrest, Vit, Wes Matthews, Windler)

We can even flip nance into PJ like @JayBirdHawk if needed to get the extra pick (freebie) needed to get Allen

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

We started this offseason with our payroll right at the second apron. Using another $20M in the way you are suggesting would put us at $195M as our starting place instead.  Would likely have only been able to absorb an unwanted overpaid player if we used it last year.  

I think it’s a mistake to view this TPE as only being valuable if we add salary. You use it if it makes sense to use it in a deal.  Adding another $20M player to skyrocket our payroll beyond the 2nd apron would be bad.  Using a $20M TPE on a one year contract was the only other option.  

Are you talking about our next season roster?  We are not talking about the same thing at all. 

My bigger point was that until Ressler is willing to pay the tax there is very few situations where the TPE is relevant.  Since we know priority #1 is dodging the tax, I’m highly skeptical when we finish the 2024-25 season we will have completed a transaction that we could not have done but for the TPE.  Ie we won’t have used it in any meaningful sense of the word.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Are you talking about our next season roster?  We are not talking about the same thing at all. 

My bigger point was that until Ressler is willing to pay the tax there is very few situations where the TPE is relevant.  Since we know priority #1 is dodging the tax, I’m highly skeptical when we finish the 2024-25 season we will have completed a transaction that we could not have done but for the TPE.  Ie we won’t have used it in any meaningful sense of the word.

Priority number one is acquiring players that can contend and justify a tax bill.

• Like 2

The prize in the DJM trade is that LAL unprotected FRP next year, aka Cooper Flagg. Low probability of this actually working.

I'd flip that pick so fast (plus more picks) for Lauri if that's an option. He's the missing fire power this offense needs.

Defensively? IDK, but think we'd be able to figure it out with the new additions of Daniels and Risacher and of course Jalen/OO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

As a reminder, any draft picks from this year's draft can still be traded before signing their 1st contract. If they sign, there is then a waiting period.

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, so I will ask for clarification. 

Is this reminder being given because Zac may be traded? I'm just starting to get used to the idea of him being a core team member. 

• Like 1

Just now, LucastheThird said:

I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, so I will ask for clarification. 

Is this reminder being given because Zac may be traded? I'm just starting to get used to the idea of him being a core team member. 

No! Other teams picks could be moved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Per Woj -
"They tried to get Bridges before NYK outbid them.
In a perfect world, Utah wants to keep extend him.
Teams are being aggressive in this market.
It would take a great great deal to pry him out of there.
No shortage of teams trying to get him."

What’s your opinion if Oklahoma City Thunder wants to trade for Trae and go all in?  What does that trade look like for the hard reset? 

What’s your opinion if Oklahoma City Thunder wants to trade for Trae and go all in?  What does that trade look like for the hard reset? 

23 minutes ago, AHF said:

I was saying if we did what you wanted and used the TPE last year, we’d have been in the tax last year and the impact for this year is an additional $20M+ more on our payroll.  We’d have to cut at least $20M to get to the second apron for 2024-2025.  Why add a guy in 2023-2024 that you have to immediately cut the following year?  

#1 priority is not avoiding the tax.  That is what you guys tell yourselves.  #1 priority is creating a winning roster and culture.