• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

That would be Woj actually. "For Atlanta, the Trae Young, Dejoute Murray partnership just never worked, two years of it," said Adrian Wojnarowski. "And simply, it was easier to trade Dejounte Murray. There was more of a market with his contract and kind of where he is right now in this league."

What he wrote makes sense when you consider the contract.  I feel like your comment read more like you're suggesting us thinking Trae is the better player is inaccurate.  Maybe I read more into it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What he wrote makes sense when you consider the contract.  I feel like your comment read more like you're suggesting us thinking Trae is the better player is inaccurate.  Maybe I read more into it. 

What Woj is trying to convey there is Trae commands a much bigger package that a lot of teams just don’t have.

@bleachkit @kg01

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

If that's how you want to read it, but that doesn't sound like what he's suggesting to me. 

Um hello.. use your logical brain.

If an all-star guard has no market

->

does that mean the price is high and not many teams can match it or does it mean the asking price is low.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Um hello.. use your logical brain.

If an all-star guard has no market

->

does that mean the price is high and not many teams can match it or does it mean the asking price is low.

That means teams aren't meeting the asking price, because they think it's too high. Thus, offers ars underwhelming, like I said. Does that logic compute with you, or should I explain it again?

I think that now that Murray is gone, now that we are starting to add Players that fit Trae and considering we don't own our 25 and 27 picks is not the best time to trade Trae, I would try to find a stretch 5 and trade Capela and will give a chance to this team. I think Trae and JJ can have really good years, Bogi, Hunter, Risacher, OO are good players that can Excel with more touches without Capela and Murray. DD, Nance, Bufkin, Gueye, Matthews, Bruno is a good bench and we are not done making changes. On paper I think we are a playoff team 6-8th Seed on the East.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I think that now that Murray is gone, now that we are starting to add Players that fit Trae and considering we don't own our 25 and 27 picks is not the best time to trade Trae, I would try to find a stretch 5 and trade Capela and will give a chance to this team. I think Trae and JJ can have really good years, Bogi, Hunter, Risacher, OO are good players that can Excel with more touches without Capela and Murray. DD, Nance, Bufkin, Gueye, Matthews, Bruno is a good bench and we are not done making changes. On paper I think we are a playoff team 6-8th Seed on the East.

Exactly, no reason to trade Trae and try to lose games b/c we don't own our picks for the next 3 years.  Losing games does nothing for us right now.  Unless we traded him to SA for all our picks back plus some it's not worth it.  But, I am excited to see Trae with some size and real defense around him for once.  

I want to keep Hunter at this point, he's a solid defender and now one of the better scorers on this team.  

And PLEASE find a stretch 5.  

Edited by AtLaS

1 minute ago, AtLaS said:

Exactly, no reason to trade Trae and try to lose games b/c we don't own our picks for the next 3 years.  Losing games does nothing for us right now.  Unless we traded him to SA for all our picks back plus some it's not worth it.  But i would love to see Trae with some size and defense around him for once.  

I want to keep Hunter at this point, he's a solid defender and now one of the better scorers on this team.  

And PLEASE find a stretch 5.  

I think Hunter gets moved.  It will likely be a salary dump.  His defense is limited.  His offensive style doesn’t really fit Quin.  He doesn’t seem to play well with Trae.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I think Hunter gets moved.  It will likely be a salary dump.  His defense is limited.  His offensive style doesn’t really fit Quin.  He doesn’t seem to play well with Trae.  

To be fair, he got much better at playing the read and react style later in the season and was more decisive with his offense. I think you can maintain some continuity and rehab his value if he continues that trend. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1