• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

For the record…the ONLY reason I’d prefer a Jarrett Allen trade over my boy Ayton is because with Allen I see a near guaranteed top 10 defense if the starters include Dyson and Risacher or even Risacher and Hunter.

So it’s almost like a can’t miss opportunity to finally get a SURE good defense around Trae .

Unfortunately at the same time that puts a load of pressure on Trae! Like Donovan Mitchell like pressure in Utah to led an offense that may be underwhelming in the beginning.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

For the record…the ONLY reason I’d prefer a Jarrett Allen trade over my boy Ayton is because with Allen I see a near guaranteed top 10 defense if the starters include Dyson and Risacher or even Risacher and Hunter.

So it’s almost like a can’t miss opportunity to finally get a SURE good defense around Trae .

Unfortunately at the same time that puts a load of pressure on Trae! Like Donovan Mitchell like pressure in Utah to led an offense that may be underwhelming in the beginning.

We have about 24 hours if they extend Mitchell and Mobley.

Either they extend or they don’t. If they extend… Allen definitely is on the block

patrick-scheming.gif

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

"He is prioritizing a roster improvement," Paul told ESPN on Saturday. "He's been adamant about exuding all efforts to improve the roster."

Paul said James would be willing to work with the Lakers on signing a deal below the maximum three-year, $162 million he is eligible for to open up the full $12.9 million mid-level exception to sign an "impact player."

The type of player that James would be willing to make a financial sacrifice for would be an established veteran playmaker like James Harden or Klay Thompson, or an established big man to play alongside Anthony Davis -- like Jonas Valančiūnas, sources told ESPN.

If the Lakers are unable to entice a player of that ilk to come to L.A. for the MLE, James will seek the max, Paul told ESPN.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Sounds like Lakers are the frontrunners for Klay. Knowing we have their pick, I'm undecided if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Mmmmm....Klay was looking for a big day, probably his last big payday. He passed on 2yrs/$48 mil from GSW.

I just don't see him taking MLE money to go to LAL.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmm....Klay was looking for a big day, probably his last big payday. He passed on 2yrs/$48 mil from GSW.

I just don't see him taking MLE money to go to LAL.

They are also around $4.8 million away from the second apron.  They aren’t getting Klay.  

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They are also around $4.8 million away from the second apron.  They aren’t getting Klay.  

It would require them to release the capholds of most of their FAs most notably LBJs $49 mil and sign them to contracts lower than their caphold to get to $160 million to have the MLE become available. So LBJ would need to sign a deal around $25 ish mil?

• Like 3