• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Wouldn't we be getting a better center than CC? That's the Hunter return imo.

CC and Hunt are a combined $43.9 million. 

Which better Center is worth that total? None. So what else is coming our way?? Nothing. I think that's what Supes might be saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This sounds like Ayton

Dumping Hunter is not a good look to keep Trae around long term. 

y’all know by now I’m a huge Ayton fan but that is strictly with a Trae type playmaker in which there’s only 3 in the NBA.

So if we did get Ayton and dumped Hunter to do it in a trade with Capela , we probably should avoid an Ayton deal as much as I hate to say it.

Ayton cannot reach his maximize play without a guard like Trae. Dumping Hunter for scraps puts 1 foot out the door for Trae. 

The plan should be to pair Ayton and Trae long term. SMH….

we got good young wing 🪽 players in Risacher and Dyson but you need a vet wing to really make this thing work.

Can we not stay under the tax if we bring in Thybulle and Ayton while trading away Hunter & Capela ?

15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We bought low on Daniels and got picks back in two drafts we wouldn't have picks.  That helps smooth the rookies coming in which means we'll continuously have 3-5 guys on rookie scale deals.  It was a smart move and the type of move we're going to need to keep making if we want to build this team into something more than a perennial 5-10th seed.  Also, if an opportunistic trade for a major upgrade comes along now, we have the picks to make it happen.

The Hawks got good value for DJM.  They actually have a plan.  Daniels is a great POA defender which this team was desperate for.  Nance is a good role player who will give us back up minutes at center behind Okongwu and forward behind Johnson.  The two picks have the chance to be really good picks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which better Center is worth that total? None. So what else is coming our way?? Nothing. I think that's what Supes might be saying.

You answered my question about including Thybulle.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

And CC crushed Ayton last year by a lot of metrics so if the idea is we are trading CC for Ayton as fair value then getting a second for Hunter is a dump.

If we get rid of Hunter, we have to add a quality wing.  It is a big question whether either Risacher or Dyson can be even average starters before Trae is an UFA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

So we are taking in $45 million in return. 

Doesn't sound as if that's what Supes is saying based on 'dumping' Hunter. 

Yeah Thybulle contract was bigger than I thought.

What do the Cavs have? Maybe a combo of Okorro and Allen keep us under the cap where we don’t have to salary dumb 

12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hear what you are saying, but I'd argue that CC and Hunter aren't actually worth $43M. 

So it isn't trading value for value. If the point is to upgrade the Center position, then by default trading Clint plus something for a Center better than Clint means that extra something makes up the difference. In this case it's Hunter.

Personally, I don't want to trade Hunter. I'd rather just keep him. I'm just saying if they combine CC and Hunter for a better center, that's not necessarily a salary dump. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

The only guy I can justify dumping CC and Hunter for and getting just a big back would be KAT.

If you're trading for Ayton's contract, by default you should be receiving assets not dumping them. 

I strongly believe Hunter is trending upwards as a player and if he stays healthy will have his best season, weird to just dump him when you can hold onto him and get way more. His defensive numbers should pop out too with all this additional length we've added.

• Like 3

What’s Gordon Hayward up to these days ?? 😂 

maybe you give him the vet minimum assuming he’d take it.

i just hope we aren’t dumb enough to believe all these young wings are ready to contribute that quickly without any vet assistance.

• Premium Member

Im surprised Capela has much value on the market to be honest.  Hes sadly regressed a ton since our ECF run.  Hopefully a team really needs a paint protecting center.

Hunter is such a wild card to me in terms of value— he is a desired archetype, but he also has not had much impact on winning.  Then he seemed to look better for parts of last year… but his contract aint great… no idea what to expect for him.