• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Who are these "big" players that were available for DJM?

Because most trades like this aren't player for player, they're player for picks. Which we now also have again.

Agree.  It looks like they decided the picks were more valuable than any player available.  Difficult to trade a ball dominant guy like Murray.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

First, feels like I'm talking to a ghost since I thought you said you were done with this team.

Anyways, I do find it odd that folks are so vehemently behind this front office despite the volume of moves that are designed, obviously  and primarily, to help Toni save money.

I dont care how smart they supposedly are.  If they have to operate with the mandate to avoid increasing costs, they're impact is muted by the goals of (cl)ownership.

I'm sure a case can be made that the moves are basketball related.  But they still have the common theme of cost avoidance that can't be ignored. 

I'm not behind the cheapness of the ownership, but I also don't see the sense in complaining about it, especially when the team got better with the latest moves. 

Some folks are acting like the DJM trade was just a salary dump like the JC trade. That's just not true. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Irony.

You accuse, perhaps with validity, that some people aren't seeing the bigger picture.

I'm accusing you of not seeing the still bigger bigger picture.

The owner has confirmed without question... in behaviors even more so than words... that his priority is what his priority is.

And the practical meaning of that is, if/when this team ever does finally get back into the vicinity of Base Camp IV, there will remain the question of whether he perceives they are in that vicinity sufficient for him to provide the special resources he, for now can just theoretically claim he will provide... but b/c his priority is what his priority is, there's an extremely good reason to be skeptical that his assessment will not be tainted by his myopic focus on whether he's had sufficient income in the lead-up to that to be comfortable with spending money.

I've been used. I'm tired of being used. Tony wants the imagery that he cares enough that others will care, but what he cares about primarily is self-interest, not what the rest of us care about. That mindset represents something like a glass ceiling. This team will find it so much more difficult to summit Everest than most, maybe even all, other franchises in this league, due to its owner. That's depressing, but it's reality.

Your entire premise hinges on believing in Murray, Huerter, and JC.  All guys rumored to be on the trading block.

Tony isn’t a monster for not wasting luxury tax years on this group.  You guys don’t understand that mediocre teams with high payrolls don’t deserve funding for even higher payrolls.  

Strong performance = More investment

Weak performance = Less investment

Since the starting core with huge salaries had a poor net rating, players got cut.  Owner could pay them anyways but he’s not running a charity.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

Our best asset to land a big player was our draft pick

Fixed!

17 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Did we keep Ivan Johnson’s 📞 number? We need a bruiser, a no nonsense dude, like a crazy mofo like James Johnson not him again but that type of crazy.

Nance has a bit of that.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Your entire premise hinges on believing in Murray, Huerter, and JC.  All guys rumored to be on the trading block.

You're not reading what I'm writing if that's your conclusion. That's just not even barely cogent. You don't get it, FQ.

It makes me a little angry, to be honest. At this point, you almost have to be trying not to get it.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

My concern is Bogi is our only proven shooter.  If Bogi is out can Risacher fill that role in year one?

Who will our roll man be?

Okongwu, who is 84th percentile as a PNR finisher.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

Why are we talking about offense and pick and roll when we let opposing bench players Rick roll us

If I could flush all the Atlanta hawks tweeter “media” I would.. can we just get a fresh crop of smart people instead of these dumba**

brad Rowland 

glen willis

grant shirley 

why can’t we have smart people

why do we care about the 5 pnr when we can get JJ to roll and even Risacher

Edited by theheroatl

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The worry is about his rebounding and defense against bigger centers not offense

It’s an overblown concern.  Don’t know how many times OO was “posted up” last season?   

29. That’s all season.  

OO’s defense and rebounding were clearly affected by the poor perimeter defense.  He was having to get out of position to cover for the lack of perimeter ball containment, and the Hawks didn’t have any wings that could rebound.  

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Why are we talking about offense and pick and roll when we let opposing bench players Rick roll us

If I could flush all the Atlanta hawks tweeter “media” I would.. can we just get a fresh crop of smart people instead of these dumba**

brad Rowland 

glen willis

grant shirley 

why can’t we have smart people

why do we care about the 5 pnr when we can get JJ to roll and even Risacher

We need media with complete total fealty to the Hawks. 

A little over an hour left guys and gals.. What's your predictions:

BI Traded? - Resigned to NO less than max deal
Paul George - Clippers
Laker MLE Signing - Klay MLE
Donovan Mitchell - Max Deal on Cavs
Hartenstein - Jazz
DeRozan - Magic 
KCP - Pistons
Klay - Lakers MLE
Tobias - Pistons
Valanciunas - Spurs
BroLo - Bucks