• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Who's next?

Media got 2 years of clicks off 'Murray to LA'.

Now that that's gone, it's Grant to LA for the same poo-poo platter.

Wash, rinse, repeat.  This is comical. 

Just don't click, folks. 

There are a lot of stupid people KG.. its a lost cause

52r8hz.jpg?a477360

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

There are a lot of stupid people KG.. its a lost cause

52r8hz.jpg?a477360

But we can lead them, thero.  Plus we have @bleachkit in my cabinet.  We can let him out once a week. 

Just now, KB21 said:

Hawks are about to add Capela to this New Orleans deal and end up getting Kevin Huerter back from Sacramento.  

Where you see that at?  Seems .... odd. 

• Haha 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Agree.  It looks like they decided the picks were more valuable than any player available.  Difficult to trade a ball dominant guy like Murray.  

As a simple example, NO would have given us Brandon Ingram plus Dyson.  We chose not to go with him for largely financial reasons.  (Possible they just didn’t like him as much as other teams will when the bidding starts on his UFA contract.)  

I think those reasons are valid from a perspective but it isn’t like we couldn’t get any big name.  For example, DJM plus the Sacramento pick is probably very attractive to a number of teams.  But we wanted picks and to dump salary and so with those priorities established there was no big name player available.

We chose the picks over player value.  That might turn out well for us in the long run but please I’m not going to pretend that Nance and Daniels were the best possible combination of players available because I think that is laughable.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Hawks are about to add Capela to this New Orleans deal and end up getting Kevin Huerter back from Sacramento.  

That is very interesting from multiple angles.

At this point, my bar for the Hawks are so low I don’t expect any big moves in the coming day or two. 

I do hope we can get a few more (Solomon hill like) vets and shooters around Trae early in FA or via trade this week. 

Caldwell-Pope would be nice but not getting my hopes up. I still like Tyus Jones as a backup to Trae. 

17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Link?

@KB21 may be referencing this article below (didn’t see any other recent links)… and tying it to SAC targeting Brandon Ingram rumor. The article mentions Capela to Pelicans for either Matt Ryan or Naji Marshall (SnT). I’d prefer Naji 100% in either of these scenarios as long as we knew we were bringing in a starting caliber, rim running/crashing/protecting center with an elite vertical leap.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/posts/marks-hawks-trade-murray-pelicans-ryan-marshall

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Westbrook needs to stay at least 500 miles away from this team

Don't let the smooth taste fool ya.

LAC was the best team in the league for stretches this year and Westbrook was a large part of that.

Not my first choice for us though.  We need size and frontcourt upgrades still. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

As a simple example, NO would have given us Brandon Ingram plus Dyson.  We chose not to go with him for largely financial reasons.

You were against BI from the jump, saying he's a bad fit just like DJM. But now the Hawks didn't trade for him and you know it's financially driven? How do you know they didn't just agree with your assessment??

• Like 2