2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

But we knew this the whole time.  Why are people surprised?

It was always about the draft then trades.  We were never gonna be a player in free agency. 

We were not, but I believe we were at least hoping to be in some rumors potentially for sign and trades. So as other teams make decisions on their FA’s we could still be in the mix. Numerous insiders and Koonin have told us we weren’t done making moves, but the rumor mill has gone ice cold after the Murray trade which is usually the first sign that we may be done doing anything significant. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We were not, but I believe we were at least hoping to be in some rumors potentially for sign and trades. So as other teams make decisions on their FA’s we could still be in the mix. Numerous insiders and Koonin have told us we weren’t done making moves, but the rumor mill has gone ice cold after the Murray trade which is usually the first sign that we may be done doing anything significant. 

The Murray trade is not yet complete.

We have the MLE to offer a FA or use in a SnT.

Larger contracts are usually the first to go.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Murray trade is not yet complete.

We have the MLE to offer a FA or use in a SnT.

Larger contracts are usually the first to go.

Can't the TPE also be used to sign players starting this year? I thought I saw where that was a new change to CBA that TPE were now available for use with FAs. Is that correct?

14 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Only when they write preposterous things like a proposing a trade for Kawhi and signing Westbrick

OIP.ZiHmZacfcKAgDm69FlsPuQHaEo?rs=1&pid=

We always do this, I dont know why you think its something that is brand new.  You dont have to be serious about this and enjoyed the ride or dont.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Can't the TPE also be used to sign players starting this year? I thought I saw where that was a new change to CBA that TPE were now available for use with FAs. Is that correct?

The new TPE will be from the completef Murray trade.

We used the JC TPE to take on Nance and Daniels.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Only when they write preposterous things like a proposing a trade for Kawhi and signing Westbrick

Focus on adding something. 

17 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We're you guys expecting us to make free agent signings sitting ~$50M over the cap in holds?  Y'all just fabricate scenarios to be upset about... we are 2 hours into free agency lmao

Never let the facts get in the way, jeffe.  

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Basically they don't want to take on Salary eh? His only chance is his technical max with 76ers

Wonder what contract Gordon got.. some of the MLE?

Vet minimum, according to Shams

• Like 1

Lmao at people getting mad or upset at other people getting upset about moves and non moves this team has made. It's early. We get it (I'm pessimistic about certain things), but it's perfectly fine to question a FO that seems to be less than stellar or just ok. This team has been a direct reflection of that.

I expect that to change obviously. I'm ok with the work so far although I'm no ZR fan, I understand it.  So you can forgive me if I'm "Meh" until otherwise given a reason not to be meh. 

Edited by deester11