• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JTB said:

And another center off the market…

We currently have 3 rostered centers...tough for a FA to want to join without a trade of one.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Dallas with more winning moves… great deal! Meanwhile in Resslerville…

giphy.gif

Killing me. I’ve used this numerous times to describe them. 😂😂😂. When will it not be useable?????

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We currently have 3 rostered centers...tough for a FA to want to join without a trade of one.

I’m not expecting for the hawks to do anything in free agency I would prefer we see Capela traded to a team that needs a center so we can get an upgrade at that position if possible.

i do hope the hawks use their mle however.

• Like 2

Just now, REHawksFan said:

giphy(1).gif.23f74ce8790231d008fb5f832264ba02.gif

I’m waiting for our next major trade. Free agency does nothing for us this year.

we will for sure make another major trade but that doesn’t mean it will be a good one.

13 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kings are talking to us about removing the protections for the 2025 pick so they can then trade future firsts. We would be the third team. The Kings are trying to find someone to push them into a serious playoff spot.

Capela and Hunter are being shopped and there's interest there. Teams like OKC can offer some of their treasure chest of firsts they literally can't use all of them, same with Jazz as they will soon be having to move picks because of roster space if nothing else.

I keep thinking the team is wanting to pursue another scorer but it feels as if my sources are saying if that were to happen it would only be at the center position. Meaning the team feels fine with the SG position being up for grabs between Bogi, Daniels and behind them minutes for Bufkin when he's not backing up Trae at PG.

The team really thinks that they have significantly improved the team's defense by getting ZR, Daniels and Nance as a quasi tough guy off the bench. Nance might still be moved on but it feels as if he's going to stay on the roster.

They trying to dump Kevin on this team?

38 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Kings are talking to us about removing the protections for the 2025 pick so they can then trade future firsts. We would be the third team. The Kings are trying to find someone to push them into a serious playoff spot.

Capela and Hunter are being shopped and there's interest there. Teams like OKC can offer some of their treasure chest of firsts they literally can't use all of them, same with Jazz as they will soon be having to move picks because of roster space if nothing else.

I keep thinking the team is wanting to pursue another scorer but it feels as if my sources are saying if that were to happen it would only be at the center position. Meaning the team feels fine with the SG position being up for grabs between Bogi, Daniels and behind them minutes for Bufkin when he's not backing up Trae at PG.

The team really thinks that they have significantly improved the team's defense by getting ZR, Daniels and Nance as a quasi tough guy off the bench. Nance might still be moved on but it feels as if he's going to stay on the roster.

Definitely seems like the approach but still some wrinkles there in terms of what the plan is. They should be pursuing Ayton or Allen at center but then again if they were capable of grabbing a Lu Dort + 2025 1st rd picks and another okc filler for CC and Hunter that would be worth it.

I’m very interested in Walker Kessler now. Gotta give @KB21 props here , Kessler is a dark horse steal if you can land him. Also he moves way better than I thought for 7’1 guy. Not sure how I missed this. 
I will admit I haven’t really watched him closely since auburn and even then I don’t recall him moving this will when he was a tiger.

Will definitely take Kessler. He has the skills to be very good defensively.

It’s unfortunate that Danny Ainge doesn’t play fair in trades cause this would be another buy low get high quality player like Dyson Daniels.

We should get OKC involved in a 3 team trade so we don’t have to give up a crazy amount to please Ainge.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Sothron said:

Who would be considered a scorer at the center position that may be a fit for us?  I hope the front office seee something in Bufkin, Daniels, etc., regarding their ability to replace DJ’s offense collectively.   I imagine SAC only removes those protections if they are confident they’ve improved.  Any truth to the idea of Huerter returning?  I haven’t followed him since he left.

Edited by Hawkish

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Who would be considered a scorer at the center position that may be a fit for us?  I imagine SAC only removes those protections if they are confident they’ve improved.  Any truth to the idea of Huerter returning?  I haven’t followed him since he left.

Huerter would have nothing to do with removing the protections on the pick.  They will just retroactively remove them so they can deal future picks.  

Huerter becomes a possibility because New Orleans and Sacramento are working on a trade for Ingram, and the two salaries Sacramento has to trade are Harrison Barnes and Kevin Huerter.  NO doesn’t want to add future salary, so they may try to make the trade for Murray a three team trade by adding Capela and his expiring contract to the deal, netting Atlanta Kevin and maybe another pick.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1