• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, JTB said:

I’m very interested in Walker Kessler now. Gotta give @KB21 props here , Kessler is a dark horse steal if you can land him. Also he moves way better than I thought for 7’1 guy. Not sure how I missed this. 
I will admit I haven’t really watched him closely since auburn and even then I don’t recall him moving this will when he was a tiger.

Will definitely take Kessler. He has the skills to be very good defensively.

It’s unfortunate that Danny Ainge doesn’t play fair in trades cause this would be another buy low get high quality player like Dyson Daniels.

We should get OKC involved in a 3 team trade so we don’t have to give up a crazy amount to please Ainge.

There was a report that Utah had traded him to Phoenix for Nurkic and a 2031 FRP but it got deleted.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There was a report that Utah had traded him to Phoenix for Nurkic and a 2031 FRP but it got deleted.  

IIRC, Suns are in 2nd apron and can't trade a pick that far out.

• Like 2

One of the worst things the Hawks did was off load Kevin Huerter’s contract after getting Murray.  Say what you want about Kevin.  He was a great fit with Trae in the backcourt, and he was also a key part of the Hawks run to the ECF and Sacramento’s run to the playoffs last year.  

Individually, Murray is the better player.  Collectively though with the Hawks, they were better with Kevin and Trae than Dejounte and Trae.  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, KB21 said:

One of the worst things the Hawks did was off load Kevin Huerter’s contract after getting Murray.  Say what you want about Kevin.  He was a great fit with Trae in the backcourt, and he was also a key part of the Hawks run to the ECF and Sacramento’s run to the playoffs last year.  

Individually, Murray is the better player.  Collectively though with the Hawks, they were better with Kevin and Trae than Dejounte and Trae.  

I’d be happy to welcome Kevin back.

Trae | Bufkin | *Daniels

Daniels | Bogi

Huerter | Risacher

Jalen | Kyle Anderson | Gueye | Nance

Kessler (Allen maybe more realistic)| OO | Bruno

…unless we can swing a move for a legitimate stud to play with trade, this is the roster I’d like to find a way to put together.  

Edited by Hawkish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

Trae | Bufkin | *Daniels

Daniels | Bogi

Huerter | Risacher

Kessler | OO | Bruno

…unless we can swing a move for a legitimate stud to play with trade, this is the roster I’d like to find a way to put together.  

OO/Kessler.  Fixed that.  Kessler doesn’t start over OO.  OO is the more versatile defender and more versatile offensive player.  Kessler really doesn’t fit if they play the type of defense I think they are moving towards.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Trae | Bufkin | *Daniels

Daniels | Bogi

Huerter | Risacher

Kessler (Allen maybe more realistic)| OO | Bruno

Just a reminder:

Huerter is scheduled to undergo season-ending left shoulder surgery in the near future to repair a torn labrum but is expected to make a full recovery ahead of the 2024-25 campaign, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports. Huerter dislocated his left shoulder in mid-March and has been sidelined since.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Just a reminder:

Huerter is scheduled to undergo season-ending left shoulder surgery in the near future to repair a torn labrum but is expected to make a full recovery ahead of the 2024-25 campaign, Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN reports. Huerter dislocated his left shoulder in mid-March and has been sidelined since.

I’m not familiar with the severity of this injury. Good point to consider 

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Sothron said:

Kings are talking to us about removing the protections for the 2025 pick so they can then trade future firsts. We would be the third team. The Kings are trying to find someone to push them into a serious playoff spot.

Capela and Hunter are being shopped and there's interest there. Teams like OKC can offer some of their treasure chest of firsts they literally can't use all of them, same with Jazz as they will soon be having to move picks because of roster space if nothing else.

I keep thinking the team is wanting to pursue another scorer but it feels as if my sources are saying if that were to happen it would only be at the center position. Meaning the team feels fine with the SG position being up for grabs between Bogi, Daniels and behind them minutes for Bufkin when he's not backing up Trae at PG.

The team really thinks that they have significantly improved the team's defense by getting ZR, Daniels and Nance as a quasi tough guy off the bench. Nance might still be moved on but it feels as if he's going to stay on the roster.

I actually hope we keep Nance, weve not had a serviceable backup PF in a while and he should be able to play spot minutes at C too— should give us 20 good minutes a night

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

OO/Kessler.  Fixed that.  Kessler doesn’t start over OO.  OO is the more versatile defender and more versatile offensive player.  Kessler really doesn’t fit if they play the type of defense I think they are moving towards.  

No significance to the order— I was just getting the roster down.

• Premium Member
31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

We really didnt have minutes for him.  Running Heurter at SF in place of Dre materially worsens the defense… so not sure I like the fit, but he is a Hawks DNA guy so wouldn’t be entirely shocked of he comes back

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We really didnt have minutes for him.  Running Heurter at SF in place of Dre materially worsens the defense… so not sure I like the fit, but he is a Hawks DNA guy so wouldn’t be entirely shocked of he comes back

We had an aging oft injured Bogi who had major knee surgery that offseason and had no idea how he would look coming back. Bogi went on to miss at least the first half of the season, so coukd have used Huerter. We didn't replace Gallo's production either, which meant Hunter would see minutes at the 4, leaving some SF minutes for Huerter.....but I digress.

Back to our regular scheduled FA discussion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

Who would be considered a scorer at the center position that may be a fit for us?  I hope the front office seee something in Bufkin, Daniels, etc., regarding their ability to replace DJ’s offense collectively.   I imagine SAC only removes those protections if they are confident they’ve improved.  Any truth to the idea of Huerter returning?  I haven’t followed him since he left.

Brook Lopez is probably the best of the potentially available centers that I can think of. 
Jarret Allen would be good, but he doesn’t stretch the floor and it would cost considerably more to acquire him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This Hawks DNA thing got you seeing things that ain't there yet 😂😂😂

IMG_6202.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

We really didnt have minutes for him.

This fallacy needs to end. I love you, Jeff, but this just isn't true.

Rather, if we had minutes for Justin Holiday, we had minutes for Kevin Huerter.

In the first 29 games of the season, we had this many minutes for Justin Holiday...

2024-07-01_07-54-06.png

And maybe more, if only Holiday had been more of the asset that Huerter was.

At some point, Nate had to pull the plug on that. JH was too often a drag on the 5-man on the floor. And so he did.

Huerter, the evidence suggests, would have been super. The evidence suggests that DJM would have represented a pure talent boost, not the watered-down boost by virtue of substituting Justin for Kevin.

Please stop promoting this lie. Why has it been perceived as so necessary to keep giving this thing oxygen? Dunno.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

Brook Lopez is probably the best of the potentially available centers that I can think of. 
Jarret Allen would be good, but he doesn’t stretch the floor and it would cost considerably more to acquire him. 

Lopez would be great.  How do we get him?

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We had an aging oft injured Bogi who had major knee surgery that offseason and had no idea how he would look coming back. Bogi went on to miss at least the first half of the season, so coukd have used Huerter. We didn't replace Gallo's production either, which meant Hunter would see minutes at the 4, leaving some SF minutes for Huerter.....but I digress.

Back to our regular scheduled FA discussion.

AJ Griffin... remember him?... I know you do... got significant minutes, too, even after BogBog's return.

Hard to fathom that. Almost sad to fathom that. No, it is sad. Man, I hope that kid gets his groove back so much. Prayers, AJ.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1