• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, sturt said:

AJ Griffin... remember him?... got significant minutes, too, even after BogBog's return.

Maybe Nate would have been forced to play JJ instead of force feeding JHol minutes at the 4 as well.

• Thanks 1

Ya'll are funny. We don't need to get hung up on Huerter..

We need to keep focusing on defense.

Just now, Mikey said:

Get the sense that they will be making a run for Lauri Markkanen. They have capital to use but Danny is asking price is high. 

Hawks ain't sending any godfather packages.. unless they didn't learn from the Murray trade

• Like 3

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We had an aging oft injured Bogi who had major knee surgery that offseason and had no idea how he would look coming back. Bogi went on to miss at least the first half of the season, so coukd have used Huerter. We didn't replace Gallo's production either, which meant Hunter would see minutes at the 4, leaving some SF minutes for Huerter.....but I digress.

Back to our regular scheduled FA discussion.

1 minute ago, sturt said:

This fallacy needs to end. I love you, Jeff, but this just isn't true.

Rather, if we had minutes for Justin Holiday, we had minutes for Kevin Huerter.

In the first 29 games of the season, we had this many minutes for Justin Holiday...

And maybe more, if only Holiday had been more of the asset that Huerter was.

At some point, Nate had to pull the plug on that. JH was too often a drag on the 5-man on the floor. And so he did.

Huerter, the evidence suggests, would have been super. The evidence suggests that DJM would have represented a pure talent boost, not the watered-down boost by virtue of substituting Justin for Kevin.

Please stop promoting this lie. Why has it been perceived as so necessary to keep giving this thing oxygen? Dunno.

2024-07-01_07-54-06.png

When I say we do not have minutes for him, I'm speaking to the long term expectations of the roster-- not injury minutes.  I would love to have a $15M guard on the bench in case of injuries but it's not a well-designed roster to do so.  Why stop there?  Have a $15M forward as well, $15M center, etc.  Our lineup was below.  There was no room for Heurter and it makes no sense to make long term roster decisions because Bogi will be out a few months to start the season...

Trae / Murray / Aaron Holiday

Murray / Bogi

Hunter / AJ

Collins / Jalen

Clint / OO

Heurter cannot play PG minutes so that's out.  He can "sort of" play SF minutes but he's an atrocious defender so that's not tenable either.  So the only minutes he had were to be taken from Bogi at the beginning of the season... It's crazy to say "we had no idea how Bogi would look coming back" as an argument we should have kept a $15M third string SG on the roster an insurance policy.  It's also crazy to say that Justin Holiday's 400 minutes on the season is enough to justify paying a guy $15M for the season.  Keeping Heurter around never made sense and I'm equally nauseated at this revisionist history.  We got a first back for him!!! We should be very grateful for that because frankly he's hardly worth it.  He was statistically the worse player in our primary rotation, outside of Snell/Solo for that year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Lopez would be great.  How do we get him?

Either CC or Hunter straight up for RLopez works. IDK why they’d want to trade Lopez for CC, so Hunter more likely. Probably include a pick or two like the MIL/NOP one we got from NOPe?

Just now, bird_dirt said:

Either CC or Hunter straight up for RLopez works. IDK why they’d want to trade Lopez for CC, so Hunter more likely. Probably include a pick or two like the MIL/NOP one we got from NOPe?

You think we have to include a pick with Hunter to get 36-year-old Lopez?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

You think we have to include a pick with Hunter to get 36-year-old Lopez?  

I don’t think a high value pick. Maybe second rounders. But I don’t have faith in Laundry’s negotiating skills to pull off the trade without folding. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

Danny vs Landry, I mean, what could go wrong...

Might as well have Laundry compete at the World of Poker tournament with the $$$ Mr. Ressling I was going to spend on Centennial Yards...

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Danny vs Landry, I mean, what could go wrong...

The most likely outcome is nothing happens because Landry has been very conservative (so far) in his deal making.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Get the sense that they will be making a run for Lauri Markkanen. They have capital to use but Danny's asking price is high. 

I’m scared to know what that would cost.  For those worried about offense, he’d certainly answer that question.  I believe he is in the last year of his contract, too.  He’ll probably command a $50+ per season deal.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Bad.  But, on top of that, he's sawft so .. lose/lose? 

Yeah, he’s a good player, but he won’t be worth whatever the cost will be to get him. Shame we didn’t get him for JC before he broke out a couple seasons ago. 

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Get the sense that they will be making a run for Lauri Markkanen. They have capital to use but Danny's asking price is high. 

Unless you heard something as a possibility I can’t see it.

Ainge probably wants the lakers 2025 pick and I would think the hawks would not do that. Then again they already have too many 2025 picks and the only other assets we have are Hunter and Capela.

no way ainge will believe Hunter and Capela is enough for Lauri though 😂.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I’m scared to know what that would cost.  For those worried about offense, he’d certainly answer that question.  I believe he is in the last year of his contract, too.  He’ll probably command a $50+ per season deal.

Oh I didn’t know he was in his last year of his contract . Ainge may play nicely then if this is the case.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The most likely outcome is nothing happens because Landry has been very conservative (so far) in his deal making.

That the word we using? Conservative? Of all the descriptions I want to use...that ain't it.

IMG_5109.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Unless you heard something as a possibility I can’t see it.

Ainge probably wants the lakers 2025 pick and I would think the hawks would not do that. Then again they already have too many 2025 picks and the only other assets we have are Hunter and Capela.

no way ainge will believe Hunter and Capela is enough for Lauri though 😂.

it will cost multiple firsts not just the 2025 lakers pick

• Sad 2