• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

That the word we using? Conservative? Of all the descriptions I want to use...that ain't it.

IMG_5109.gif

Yes?  Looks at his extensions, his trades, etc.  He's not making risky, aggressive, or desperate moves.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JTB said:

Unless you heard something as a possibility I can’t see it.

Ainge probably wants the lakers 2025 pick and I would think the hawks would not do that. Then again they already have too many 2025 picks and the only other assets we have are Hunter and Capela.

no way ainge will believe Hunter and Capela is enough for Lauri though 😂.

I wonder if he would ask for Bufkin.  No, thank you

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Yes?  Looks at his extensions, his trades, etc.  He's not making risky, aggressive, or desperate moves.

His moves are minimal. Mid. Ordinary. Passable. Unequal to. Unexceptional. Indistinguishable. So-so. Vanilla.  Okay. Moderate.

In a vacuum that's ok. Money aside, moves aside, it's all mid. Some aggressiveness wouldn't be a terrible thing. Running into the play in game doesn't mean jack to me. 

• Like 1

Just now, GameTime said:

Ainge is gonna take us to the cleaners.

Don’t fold, Laundry.  I say “pass” on Lauri.  He’s an all-star level offensive player, but he would just be too expensive.

• Like 2

• Admin
Just now, Hawkish said:

Don’t fold, Laundry.  I say “pass” on Lauri.  He’s an all-star level offensive player, but he would just be too expensive.

Agree and he does not D up at all.  I would always avoid dealing with Danny Ainge.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody explain the want of Lauri.  I don't see it, especially considering we're in need of toughness, rebounding, defense in the frontcourt and scoring to a much lower degree. 

I agree KG.. we need a stud defender added into the frontcourt. That's what we need.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These are the picks we have available: LAL and SAC 2025 1sts, 2027 NOP/Bucks 1st, 2029 Hawks 1st, 2031 Hawks 1st.

But I'm not interested in 5 picks Lauri

Not only that but all the work to get picks back gets nulled again and we are back to square one 

Plus, operation LAKERS IMPLOSION 2025 has a high chance of us getting Cooper Flagg

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

When I say we do not have minutes for him, I'm speaking to the long term expectations of the roster-- not injury minutes.  I would love to have a $15M guard on the bench in case of injuries but it's not a well-designed roster to do so.  Why stop there?  Have a $15M forward as well, $15M center, etc.  Our lineup was below.  There was no room for Heurter and it makes no sense to make long term roster decisions because Bogi will be out a few months to start the season...

Trae / Murray / Aaron Holiday

Murray / Bogi

Hunter / AJ

Collins / Jalen

Clint / OO

Heurter cannot play PG minutes so that's out.  He can "sort of" play SF minutes but he's an atrocious defender so that's not tenable either.  So the only minutes he had were to be taken from Bogi at the beginning of the season... It's crazy to say "we had no idea how Bogi would look coming back" as an argument we should have kept a $15M third string SG on the roster an insurance policy.  It's also crazy to say that Justin Holiday's 400 minutes on the season is enough to justify paying a guy $15M for the season.  Keeping Heurter around never made sense and I'm equally nauseated at this revisionist history.  We got a first back for him!!! We should be very grateful for that because frankly he's hardly worth it.  He was statistically the worse player in our primary rotation, outside of Snell/Solo for that year.

All of this is true.  (Which I'm confused. Does the premise of Tony being cheap hinge on Huerter or not?  Not to make anyone angry.)

Additionally if we did keep Huerter, you are completely ignoring the tsunami of payroll the following year.  Our payroll to start the 2023-2024 season would have been over $200M.  What is the better alternative to trading a player for a pick when you HAVE TO cut salary anyways?  

Denver is cutting rotation players because they are wanting to avoid 2nd apron penalties.  Ya'll want to act like Trae+Murray+Collins is the equivalent of Jokic+Murray+MPJ.  We COULD have been paying extra to keep Huerter for one season, but no way we could have kept him beyond that.  The huge difference between us and Denver is they had the best player in basketball and the top starting unit.  We didn't, and it's not even close.  Why should Tony be expected to spend like we had a team like Denver? 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

These are the picks we have available: LAL and SAC 2025 1sts, 2027 NOP/Bucks 1st, 2029 Hawks 1st, 2031 Hawks 1st.

But I'm not interested in 5 picks Lauri

5 picks to rent Lauri?  Yuck. 

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I agree KG.. we need a stud defender added into the frontcourt. That's what we need.

Lauri would look good on paper.  But then a couple games in, we'll be looking around like, "we'll dayum, why's Bogi and Trae the only dudes in there fighting for rebounds while Lauri camps out at the 3pt line?" 

• Like 4

Just now, kg01 said:

5 picks to rent Lauri?  Yuck. 

Lauri would look good on paper.  But then a couple games in, we'll be looking around like, "we'll dayum, why's Bogi and Trae the only dudes in there fighting for rebounds while Lauri camps out at the 3pt line?" 

Ya I’m not trusting Lauri for a year or two of good ball in UTAH of all places. Utah is where Jordan Clarkson does his best one on one streetball in a game.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody explain the want of Lauri.  I don't see it, especially considering we're in need of toughness, rebounding, defense in the frontcourt and scoring to a much lower degree. 

Porzingis-y?

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

All of this is true.  (Which I'm confused. Does the premise of Tony being cheap hinge on Huerter or not?  Not to make anyone angry.)

Additionally if we did keep Huerter, you are completely ignoring the tsunami of payroll the following year.  Our payroll to start the 2023-2024 season would have been over $200M.  What is the better alternative to trading a player for a pick when you HAVE TO cut salary anyways?  

Denver is cutting rotation players because they are wanting to avoid 2nd apron penalties.  Ya'll want to act like Trae+Murray+Collins is the equivalent of Jokic+Murray+MPJ.  We COULD have been paying extra to keep Huerter for one season, but no way we could have kept him beyond that.  The huge difference between us and Denver is they had the best player in basketball and the top starting unit.  We didn't, and it's not even close.  Why should Tony be expected to spend like we had a team like Denver? 

Oh man, who woke up FQ to come in here and cape for the (cl)ownership as if the only options were to pay the tax to keep Heurter?

:stirthepot:

All right, all right.  Flame away .... 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Plays in Utah where @warcore puts up bucket 🪣 too. War likes to cup the back of his own head while he glides in for the lay up! :frantics:

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Scoring? As is, Trae is back to where he was offensively pre-DJM if not worse? I get it, I just don't trust Landry.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Ya I’m not trusting Lauri for a year or two of good ball in UTAH of all places. Utah is where Jordan Clarkson does his best one on one streetball in a game.

Good point.  We have more bad Lauri years than good ones.  Let's not forget the CHI and CLE seasons.

Just now, BangHolman said:

Porzingis-y?

Decent argument, I'll admit.  I'm still not swayed tho.  I can't shake the memories of Collins eating Lauri's lunch while he was in CHI. 

• Thanks 1