• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, who woke up FQ to come in here and cape for the (cl)ownership as if the only options were to pay the tax to keep Heurter?

:stirthepot:

All right, all right.  Flame away .... 

For real. Wtf is going on?😂😂😂. FQ dropping knowledge😂

IMG_5333.gif

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

5 picks to rent Lauri?  Yuck. 

Lauri would look good on paper.  But then a couple games in, we'll be looking around like, "we'll dayum, why's Bogi and Trae the only dudes in there fighting for rebounds while Lauri camps out at the 3pt line?" 

My concern is will he go back to looking more like Cavs Lauri vs Jazz Lauri where he put up nimbers on a bad team and is that worth $50 mil? In a reduced role?

Considering also where someone was pushing and agreeing that 'executives around the league' think Trae should be making less than Murray? :stirthepot:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Copper Flagg - For this to happen we need the Lakers to miss the playoffs, and then we need to get extremely lucky AGAIN in the lottery. I got all this happening at like a 1% probability. And then, even if you beat those odds, what are the odds Flagg is better than Lauri?

That Kings pick is probably going to be late teens or early 20’s if they can get Ingram, which seems likely.

The NOP/MLK pick swap is the worst of the 2 so there’s a back door protection on it.

Our future firsts. Would suck to lose, but they’re so many years out. Give me that instant gratification!

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lauri has 1 year left at $18 million. He's extension eligible to get 4yr/$200 mil. Danny probably doesn't want to pay it.

Neither should we — Why are we interested in players at their peak?  The Murray trade hopefully left a deep, memorable scar.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

For this to happen we need the Lakers to miss the playoffs, and then we need to get extremely lucky AGAIN in the lottery.

Least favorable pick of Bucks/pels I believe.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh man, who woke up FQ to come in here and cape for the (cl)ownership as if the only options were to pay the tax to keep Heurter?

:stirthepot:

All right, all right.  Flame away .... 

Paying the tax was the only way to keep him, unless you cut salary somewhere else... in which case we'd just be talking about that player right now instead of Heurter.  We've already been around this merry-go-round though-- this is where AHF and Jay come in with the suggestion we keep Heurter until the trade deadline... and hope that the same deals are still available... but if they're not, this is where AHF blames the front office for holding on to Heurter too long until every team knows we have to offload him... round and round and round

• Like 1

So... uh I would trade the godfather package for Donovan Mitchell.. Forget Lauri

Just putting it out there if he specifically asks for a trade to Atlanta

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Not only that but all the work to get picks back gets nulled again and we are back to square one 

Plus, operation LAKERS IMPLOSION 2025 has a high chance of us getting Cooper Flagg

We're gonna see if the point of the Murray trade was to use those picks to land a guy like Lauri.  If nothing else this rumor shows how extra picks can be used to get an all star.  Many teams don't want/need a ball dominant PG with a mid range game, but they all want picks. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

He's not making risky, aggressive, or desperate moves.

He's not making good moves. 

the original DJ trade was desperate, risky and aggressive. Travis knew this. 

• Thanks 1

In all this discussion, one thing that could be on the mix based on Sothron's intel 5 pages ago.  Everyone jumped to the conclusion we were possibly getting Huerter back as a 3-team deal with SAC and a 3rd team (many assume NO for Ingram or UTA for Lauri.  What if we're getting back Harrison Barnes?

Capela and Huerter to NO
Ingram to SAC
Barnes to ATL

Works financially and we'd save another $4m.  Barnes has another year on his deal, but is a decent defender and a combo forward that can shoot a little bit.  Gives us another big forward if we move Hunter. 

Question is does Ingram for 2 rotation pieces make SAC better?  You could replace Huerter with smaller contracts to make it work.  I'm simply looking at it from the standpoint it might not be Huerter to us in that scenario. 

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

We're gonna see if the point of the Murray trade was to use those picks to land a guy like Lauri.  If nothing else this rumor shows how extra picks can be used to get an all star.  Many teams don't want/need a ball dominant PG with a mid range game, but they all want picks. 

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Somebody pinch me.  I just agreed with FQ, so I must be dreaming. 😇

Just messin with you, @Final_quest

Like how we should have used the Huerter pick, but look at that, it might come full circle.....we just might use it to grab Lauri :stirthepot:

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, warcore said:

He's not making good moves. 

the original DJ trade was desperate, risky and aggressive. Travis knew this. 

Yet he successfully unwound it for effectively the same return, despite DJ being on a more expensive contract.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Yet he successfully unwound it for effectively the same return, despite DJ being on a more expensive contract.

I think Daniels and the LAL pick neutralizes the initial trade.

Daniels has a ton of potential as the teams "defensive stopper"... an elite stopper that can be on the floor with Trae and doesn't need to facilitate offense.

Lest I remind everyone that we could've used Daniels to stick on Terry Rozier when he went off for 40 points. Or the Miami Heat when stupid AF duncan robinson and Herro start draining 3's. Daniels will get on them like a junkyard dog.

The LAL pick could be amazing if the Lakers implode.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

But it's not the same return, and no one should expect the exact same return particularly when everyone knew they wanted to move him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Plays in Utah where @warcore puts up bucket 🪣 too. War likes to cup the back of his own head while he glides in for the lay up! :frantics:

the cupping of the head thing is true -- I stole that move from the Karl Malone 1997 Fleer card. 

the Utah part is not - I can't stand playing with scrubs and I imagine there's plenty of those in UT. Drove through that state once -- pretty disappointing place other than the Southeast corner. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

The LAL pick could be amazing if the Lakers implode.

The irony is, the Spurs fans are saying 'The Atlanta pick could be amazing if the Hawks implode" not only in 2025 but also 2027. 🤓

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

The irony is, the Spurs fans are saying 'The Atlanta pick could be amazing if the Hawks implode" not only in 2025 but also 2027. 🤓

Rockets are so much further along than the Spurs and I know that pains them to see. Even with Wemby.. the one-man band.

While they are drooling over our unprotecteds.. just wait until we get back into the top 4 of the east and they start crying.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I really think we could win it all with this team. 

Trae / Bufkin
Daniels / Bogi / Mathews
Lauri / Risacher
JJ / Hunter / MoG / Liddell
OO / Nance / Bruno

Not big enough at center