• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

If we don't start getting plus value on anything, I think we're on a collision course to being the worst team in the league. 

I hope Ris is all that and more, cause he could be by himself very quick... 

And I'm not really sure the Resslers care, despite what Teague says lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

Nice, can't wait to see us turn around and sell that 2nd round pick for some $$$$$

Cash considerations! I hope there’s a Front office member on the squawk lurking so they can see how many fans think they’re a joke.

sucks being one of the laughing stocks of the NBA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

His salary was better as aggregation. A winning move would be buying a 2nd rounder.

Or trading AJ for a high 2nd at the very least would be a winning move. I guess. At least then you're going for your guy. I just. I don't know man lol. 

If you're going for a middle of the 2nd pick, yeah... Just buy it... 

This just screams "save 3.9 on salary and the 3 million for pick 44".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

His salary was better as aggregation. A winning move would be buying a 2nd rounder. He had 1 year plus TO.. that is ripe for aggregation

I agree, but it takes two sides to agree on a deal. We would need someone to agree to take him in a deal, similar to how most of us don't want Dyson Daniels in the potential NOP deal. 

I'm also extremely annoyed because this pretty much confirms getting and staying under the tax is the goal. 

I don't really see why they'd do this deal specifically and then go over the tax. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Afro said:

If we don't start getting plus value on anything, I think we're on a collision course to being the worst team in the league. 

I hope Ris is all that and more, cause he could be by himself very quick... 

And I'm not really sure the Resslers care, despite what Teague says lol. 

Tony is here only until he flips the Gulch.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Afro said:

I'm also extremely annoyed because this pretty much confirms getting and staying under the tax is the goal. 

I don't really see why they'd do this deal specifically and then go over the tax. 

I’m going to hold out until Sunday night. If we don’t have a move done by then I’ll just check out and wait for a shams or woj tweet.

this FO and owner don’t come off as trying to fix this roster. 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, BangHolman said:

Tony is here only until he flips the Gulch.

Youd still think it'd behoove him to not have a bottom 5 roster when he does sell lol. 

But I'm sure it doesn't matter. These dudes are just printing money. Who gives a shit lol. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm trying to be positive. I really am. 

But this FO truly makes it impossible. They suck, so hard. 

At this point I'm just shocked they didn't take the big white stiff in the middle last night, all things considered. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Afro said:

Youd still think it'd behoove him to not have a bottom 5 roster when he does sell lol. 

But I'm sure it doesn't matter. These dudes are just printing money. Who gives a shit lol. 

For sure. You would think he would want to spend because his cash cow is on the verge of asking out.

2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

I don't see this as a negative move. His value was in the dirt. I can reserve judgment until they make their other moves. 

Yes we should reserve judgement. However, if this is it, a #15 pick who had top 10 talent just 2 years ago for #44 in a sub-par draft, then I think we can all see that this FO doesn’t understand how to sell assets. AJG didn’t fit with coach Quin and he still has potential. Unless something else comes out that is negative about AJG, then this trade is just another L for the Hawks FO.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

These are the types of deals that sneakily prove who the Hawks are as a team management. It screams the opposite of collecting assets, building teams, etc.

Sorry guys but I think AJ still has a lot more potential than this ownership group allowed him and also I have absolutely no faith in a 2nd round pick playing out as a talented player.

2nd Rounders have like a 3% chance of being a rotation guy by year 4.

What sucks, is this kinda makes me give Rish the sideye. Not really the pick. But all the stuff surrounding it. 

But I was giving this FO the benefit of the doubt. Not 24 hours later and they're out here telling me I shouldn't have lol. 

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, warcore said:

I'm trying to be positive. I really am. 

But this FO truly makes it impossible. They suck, so hard. 

At this point I'm just shocked they didn't take the big white stiff in the middle last night, all things considered. 

I tried to tell y’all. Its more than the draft. We’re probably going to be punked in any trade, Trae is gonna want out. Should have just scrapped this mess. 
Seriously though…this must be a reality show. If so…cancel. Rework the plot. 

• Like 1