2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

If we can trade hunter and keep bey at the 3 with the new team that sounds good, the injury part is scary but with a little luck we may get a discount and a healthy player after the season starts 

But what are we going to do from the beginning of the season through April-ish while Bey rehabs?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I would not trade _____ unless it’s part of a bigger deal for a star. 

Yeah so, I think it’s safe to say this wont be the case. Until proven otherwise it has been extremely rare that we have ever shipped off players for a better player in return, especially without the draft capital to sweeten the deal. 

Our favorite assets are cap space, cash considerations and future picks.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

The longer we go without trading Hunter and Capela, the more confident I feel we're not settling for peanuts.  Or maybe the longer we go the more desperate we are, or maybe we take so long "we're happy with our roster".  Definitely depends on your perspective

I would go with the latter.  

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I would not trade Hunter unless it’s part of a bigger deal for a star. You can’t have too much wing depth. 

Who on the roster could we use to trade for a star?   There were more teams that wanted DJ than Trae and we got garbage for DJ.  They will have to keep Capella now that they didn't draft Clingan or Sarr.  

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can't go ALL the way to one side either. We need balance.

Regardless of who has been on the team, the Hawks have ALWAYS been a very good offensive team when Trae is running it.  I don't get why this would be any different. 

Not only that, but will the only players we have lost this offseason are DJM and Bey. Amd DJM should be a net positive given the fit issues with Trae. 

As of today what are we? A top 10 offense and top 15 Defense??

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Who on the roster could we use to trade for a star?   There were more teams that wanted DJ than Trae and we got garbage for DJ.  They will have to keep Capella now that they didn't draft Clingan or Sarr.  

Sarr is a PF

14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Picks?

Lauri for example. What would they want DJM for if they’re trading us their star?

DJM for Ingram was probably the only star for star trade that made sense. Most others are going to cost picks and salary match. Expirings preferred. 

i.e. our original DJM trade with the Spurs.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How are teams able to afford these players despite the punitive new CBA?  The C's just signed White to a $120,000,000 extension.

My guess is they don't care about the penalties. They probably make more than enough in ticket and general arena sales (concessions, team shop, etc.) to cover the penalties. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How are teams able to afford these players despite the punitive new CBA?  The C's just signed White to a $120,000,000 extension.

I don't think the Hawks will spend any money that puts them over the cap.   

12 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

DJM for Ingram was probably the only star for star trade that made sense. Most others are going to cost picks and salary match. Expirings preferred. 

Boom, which is why so many were disappointed in the initial return.

That trade is likely the best we will do this offseason. There are extremely limited pathways to add a top 50 ish player using Capela or Hunter (nobody will want to pay for both on their payroll)

1 minute ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Boom, which is why so many were disappointed in the initial return.

That trade is likely the best we will do this offseason. There are extremely limited pathways to add a top 50 ish player using Capela or Hunter (nobody will want to pay for both on their payroll)

So you're saying we're playing chess…not check…er. Nevermind. IMG_6215.gif.95c988a19a5d0b2d8bf426191953908c.gifSmh. 

• Sad 1