2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

“We like our core group”  “We like our guys, we only want to add to it guys that have Hawks DNA”

Definition:

Hawks DNA - A player who is considered bottom of the barrel and cheap enough to keep the team under the luxury tax exudes this

Public pitch for the goal: "We want to build a young athletic defensive team around Trae Young."

The real agenda: "Be young, cheap, scrappy try hard and fight for the playoffs. Anything more than that is icing on the cake."

It will work for a year or two until Trae demands the trade.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

15 minutes ago, JTB said:

If we aren’t trading for one of these guys we mind as well keep Capela…

Lauri M.

Ayton

Allen

Kesseler

Pretty much my same thoughts as well honestly and imo swap OO to start this year and get the bulk of the minutes.  So we can see if he is the guy going forward. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Public pitch for the goal: "We want to build a young athletic defensive team around Trae Young."

The real agenda: "Be young, cheap, scrappy try hard and fight for the playoffs. Anything more than that is icing on the cake."

It will work for a year or two until Trae demands the trade.

Trae is gone either way

37 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

OO has the talent, but it's the desire that is questionable.

OO may work at center with better perimeter defenders in Dyson and Risacher.

Dyson and Risacher need to show they can be good help rebounders and off ball shot blockers.

OO can make a bigger center pay by continuing to develop his 3pt shot , THEN and only THEN opponents won’t even think about throwing a traditional center against OO.

my favorite thing about OO is that he doesn’t lack effort, heart, or desire 95% of the time he’s on the court.

there are a lot of directions the hawks could go in terms of defensive scheme.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JTB said:

OO may work at center with better perimeter defenders in Dyson and Risacher.

Dyson and Risacher need to show they can be good help rebounders and off ball shot blockers.

OO can make a bigger center pay by continuing to develop his 3pt shot , THEN and only THEN opponents won’t even think about throwing a traditional center against OO.

my favorite thing about OO is that he doesn’t lack effort, heart, or desire 95% of the time he’s on the court.

there are a lot of directions the hawks could go in terms of defensive scheme.

Great post

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

For the sake of my sanity and wanting literally anything to happen.. I’ll give my solid yes to this question lol

Honest question:

How many wins if they do exactly nothing else and roll with:

Trae/Daniels/Hunter/JJ/OO

Kobi/Bogi/Risacher/Nance/CC

End of Bench: GMatt/Vit/Mo

I'd say without major injuries like last year that squad is 44-47 wins. Should be solidly in the playoffs and out I'd the playin. 

• Like 1

Something is going on. I’m just not surprised at this point. There’s no guarantees we keep Trae so better get ready for the worse as much as I hate to say it.

Atlanta been losing at everything as of late and the New Orleans trade is a big loss too if Trae gets traded. 

• Like 1