2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

This year we have SloMo available as a great add if they actually wanted to win

We'll find out how much of a priority winning is with the rest of the summer.  The Hawks are comfortably under the tax line now which is where they effectively stopped making any meaningful transactions last year.

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

We loaded our roster with Wes Matthews as a Free Agent signing.

I stand corrected.  

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

We'll find out how much of a priority winning is with the rest of the summer.  The Hawks are comfortably under the tax line now which is where they effectively stopped making any meaningful transactions last year.

I stand corrected.  

Hey, if everyone knows we're scared of the tax, sitting comfortably just under it should mean this is where we have the most leverage in negotiations, right?!

Just now, Bonzaii58 said:

Same. I’ve unfortunately gaslit myself into thinking that silence means that we’re working on a big trade before July 6. 

I think I’m going to be disappointed… again. 

I'm in that same boat with you, 58.  Watch your back tho.  You're closer to the life preserver than me. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Bonzaii58 said:

Same. I’ve unfortunately gaslit myself into thinking that silence means that we’re working on a big trade before July 6. 

This paired with the silence from our insiders has me in my head too.

• Premium Member

[Wojnarowski]: The Atlanta Hawks are trading Garrison Matthews and a 2nd round pick for Kenneth Lofton Jr.  The Hawks get a coveted young PF and Danny Ainge adds shooting to the bench.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member

The difference is I expect nothing so my dissapointment is as I expect. 

I spend so much time just  :blanky:.....I'm getting dizzy.

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

[Wojnarowski]: The Atlanta Hawks are trading Garrison Matthews and a 2nd round pick for Kenneth Lofton Jr.  The Hawks get a coveted young PF and Danny Ainge adds shooting to the bench.

you joke jeff but after a slow bleed of optimism when we see our name mentioned in a woj comment we can't help but feel relieved even though it's literally a non-winning move

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Ngl .... you got me.

I was printing up "Free methBogi" t-shirts. 

'Scuse me while I go get this hook outta my cheek.

• Haha 4

We all was thinking that this was the Hawks 'big move' to get someone to help in the paint. We all was thinking it.

I could see Laundry now, with Mr. Ressling I and II riding shotgun next to him, desperately trying to defend the move like those store brands selling cereal knockoffs ('If you love Trix, you're going to love Pranks!!!'). So if Eddy Curry was Baby Shaq, Kenneth Lofton would've been the Temu Shaq...

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Hey, if everyone knows we're scared of the tax, sitting comfortably just under it should mean this is where we have the most leverage in negotiations, right?!

It should make our threats not to offer someone enough money to require us to pay the tax super credible but I'm not sure how that helps us in negotiations with FAs or other teams.  Just kind of puts us in a position where it is easy to outbid us (with the caveat that we could salary dump someone and then add salary to stay under the line such as sending Capela in a SNT for someone another team was just going to let walk).