• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

I don't think it is realistic to have hope that any larger salary trades will be made.

Capela, Hunter, DJM... If we lose enough aggregation to stay under the apron.. We don't have the FO that can make effective blockbusters.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

What sucks, is this kinda makes me give Rish the sideye. Not really the pick. But all the stuff surrounding it. 

But I was giving this FO the benefit of the doubt. Not 24 hours later and they're out here telling me I shouldn't have lol. 

Maybe Landry will tell us he was kidding? 

IMG_6075.gif

funny-positive-meme-16.jpg

Come on, folks, it's not like we traded Michael Jordan for a can of peanuts. AJ wasn't getting much playtime to begin with, and we acquired a second-round pick plus an additional roster spot in case another trade opportunity arises.

I hope the kid improves and thrives in Houston.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don't think it is realistic to have hope that any larger salary trades will be made.

Capela, Hunter, DJM... If we lose enough aggregation to stay under the apron.. We don't have the FO that can make effective blockbusters.

And in the meantime we just keep trading off assets for nothing. If you keep shipping everyone off for nothing, you will end up... With nothing. 

That's why I think there is a very very real chance Rish is sitting around with Lundy, Gueye, and Bufkin all by their lonesome in 3 years. 

• Premium Member

AJ's value was so high last year, and we give him away for a mid 2nd?  He's only 20 years old.  

Quin just didn't like him at all and it killed his confidence I guess.  

Don't be shocked when AJ balls out for Houston.

• Like 4

AJ's cap hit was $3.9 million so sending him out and bringing up Lundy/keeping Vit is a huge cost savings.

Plus the Hawks have an option for Matthews at $2.4 million which is better value based on what Matthews gave us last year (shooting the 3, taking charges).

• Like 4

When should we start discussing the potential of this lineup ?

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

or do we want to keep holding out hope ?

I’ll start. We will win about 36-38 games and be back in the play in. Make 8th seed, lose rd1, approach 2025 off season with no cap space or picks, try to do a sign and trade for Trae but he just walks, try to do a sign and trade for Capela but get beat in the deal by Schlenk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

I’ll start. We will win about 36-38 games and be back in the play in. Make 8th seed, lose rd1, approach 2025 off season with no cap space or picks, try to do a sign and trade for Trae but he just walks, try to do a sign and trade for Capela but get beat in the deal by Schlenk. 

Today. Like now.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thecampster said:

AJ's cap hit was $3.9 million so sending him out and bringing up Lundy/keeping Vit is a huge cost savings.

Plus the Hawks have an option for Matthews at $2.4 million which is better value based on what Matthews gave us last year (shooting the 3, taking charges).

Some value! I’m sure the hawks can’t do better. Mind as well resign him.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The most charitable read of this is that Griffin still has severe off-the-court issues that are expected to keep him off the court and this was us just taking the hit now instead of later.  But as the #15 pick and having shown serious promise to only get the #44 pick when you don't even know who will be on the board then....woof.  

When are we going to make a deal where we give up a late second round pick and get some near lottery player who has shown promise?  Why are we always taking in the shorts. 

We can't trade up to extract value.  We give up players for garbage returns.  We overpay our FAs without even letting the market set their price.  When does our FO start delivering some wins?

16 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

There is no reason to talk about their potential. They have none lol. 

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

even swapping DJ for herb and capela for ayton is not competing with the celtics or knicks next year (throw in ingram for shits and gigs)

trae/kobe
ingram/bogi
herb/risacher
jalen/gueye
ayton/oo

this seems to be the best roster we could realistically assemble, and it's doubtful we'll even get there. but even if we did, this roster simply isn't good enough. might be time to rip the band-aid off now and accept a full rebuild (sigh)

Edited by therealist

43 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

funny-positive-meme-16.jpg

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan GTFOH with this panda! Why you always so happy? It's like your name is Nick and all you do is play 2K. I have a right to be pissed because my team's front office sucks ass. They are straight up clowns. Landry showed the entire world last night that he's a clown, when he slapped the table as if he did something extraordinary with the first pick. 

Spoiler alert - he didn't do shit. 

Edited by warcore
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

Yep. Don’t forget Spurs get a top 5 pick in 2027 after Trae opts out when eligible in 2026 offseason.  

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae

DJ

Reeses Pieces

Jalen

Capela or OO

I literally said this was the lineup during the draft last night.  So yeah......yesterday.  

TBH, I keep talking myself into believing that something will change and they will actually spend on a legit NBA roster, and then reality hits and I remember they are going to dump Hunter and Capela for cheap scraps and trade AJ for a 2nd that will be non guaranteed.  

6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I literally said this was the lineup during the draft last night.  So yeah......yesterday.  

TBH, I keep talking myself into believing that something will change and they will actually spend on a legit NBA roster, and then reality hits and I remember they are going to dump Hunter and Capela for cheap scraps and trade AJ for a 2nd that will be non guaranteed.  

Hunter isn't leaving this offseason unless we win the trade.

We'll take a minor loss to move Capela.

We expect value to move DJM.

We need wings (see @KB21's on the subject).  We aren't moving Hunter (a quality wing) unless someone gives us something we can't say no to and we'll need a wing back in the process.  We're already down a wing with Bey right now.

• Like 1