• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is fair.  My stance is he doesn't need to be gone, he needs to be upgraded.  So if the deal isn't an upgrade, I'll stay in the EZPass lane.

There is also a chance he'll want or ask out, which changes the calculus of course.  I wouldn't be surprised if this has happened on some level, now that I think about it.  Remember he was one that left without giving an exit interview. 

Hunter isn't a star though, and he's signed for 4 years.  It really doesn't matter if he asks out.  Role players don't get to dictate trades.

It would be akin to Payton Pritchard last year asking out, and the Celtics simply ignoring it.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JTB said:

No shock he’s looking at LA.

Who would LA be sending back for Derozan i wonder…and actually I take it back I am shocked he wants to go to that clown show.

I only have hawks source so I’m just basing this off reporting but I think lakers make a run for grant first and then will circle back to free agency 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Brad seems to have listed him hypothetically but there is some interest from both sides on a deal. Lakers likely front runners to sign him however 

Interesting.  I’ve been wondering if we looking to add players like Derozan.  

I’d like to bring in at least one premium player, if not two.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is fair.  My stance is he doesn't need to be gone, he needs to be upgraded.  So if the deal isn't an upgrade, I'll stay in the EZPass lane.

There is also a chance he'll want or ask out, which changes the calculus of course.  I wouldn't be surprised if this has happened on some level, now that I think about it.  Remember he was one that left without giving an exit interview. 

If he speaks up and requests to be traded, it will be the first time he’s ever spoken up for anything. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Dejay said:

Sound like the Nique teams after they gave up in '89. But folks quickly caught on and ran away from the building. Then the Braves started winning, the Falcons had their '2 Legit 2 Quit' squad and the new Georgia Dome, and both left the Hawks in the dust in terms of local interest...

You are dead-on right!  ^^^^

The fans know when you are not trying to win games.  After Trae, Bogi, and Jalen we really don't have anything.    

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

If he speaks up and requests to be traded, it will be the first time he’s ever spoken up for anything. 

Your wrong.   He has told management on several occasions he wants to win, and they need to upgrade the team.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Interesting.  I’ve been wondering if we looking to add players like Derozan.  

I’d like to bring in at least one premium player, if not two.

Derozan would be a good player to bring in and help this team with scoring.   It would help trae out not having to be the only go to guy.   They are not going to do it though.   They will go after cheap level contracts and young players.   

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Derozan would be a good player to bring in and help this team with scoring.   It would help trae out not having to be the only go to guy.   They are not going to do it though.   They will go after cheap level contracts and young players.   

He is essentially Dejounte without needing the ball in his has all the time. Could be helpful. 

• Premium Member

Not opposed to DeRozan but would really want him to commit to playing within Quin's system if he joins.  My hesitancy with guys like him is that they are old dogs who don't want to change their games.  On offense, his current fit feels pretty much exactly like DJ and he hasn't exactly been known for his defense.  Not trying to be a downer on that idea but he would be eating a lot of minutes from guys we're trying to develop.

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

He is essentially Dejounte without needing the ball in his has all the time. Could be helpful. 

Yup. I mean, he’s not perfect. But I appreciate that he is clutch. I know he hasn’t won’t a lot of playoff games but Trae has and he needs another scorer who can take over in moments when Trae is being doubled. 

• Like 2

On offense, DeRozan is everything we hoped Hunter would be.  On defense, he's not much.  I like his game on one side of the ball only.  I just don't know that we can afford any additional one-way players at this point.  If he's here, he's starting and that also means you have to start Bogi or Risacher at SG since Dyson's shot won't play well with DeRo's mid-range game.