• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

I am tires of thinking on FA that could improve the team and the team play and options and never happen anything. We are the worst team signing FA, is increíble, any team makes better than us... Anyway the best stretch 5 left in the market is Thomas Bryant, as the others we Will not sign him or any other center to solve our size problem.

The only move I am waiting now is to dump Capela contract for some rubbish, doubt we even get a 1st es pick.

Mavs and OKC don’t need centers now so I’m sure Houston would send us a 2031 2nd rounder for capela

were collecting trade exceptions like Pokémon cards

Edited by theheroatl

20 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I am tires of thinking on FA that could improve the team and the team play and options and never happen anything. We are the worst team signing FA, is increíble, any team makes better than us... Anyway the best stretch 5 left in the market is Thomas Bryant, as the others we Will not sign him or any other center to solve our size problem.

The only move I am waiting now is to dump Capela contract for some rubbish, doubt we even get a 1st es pick.

I'm tired of the Hawks giving up more in their trades than getting. Leaving fans to have to come up with ways to cope.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, warcore said:

you may have forgot - @Mikey is an outsider. No links or receipts needed. 

"You can just take my word and let me go"

sharing Dejounte to New Orleans should give us outsiders some credit no?

Edited by Mikey
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, JTB said:

Welp no surprise Ainge lost his damn mind.

move on to Ayton or Allen hawks. Assuming our FO is actually doing anything.

This x 100! With ATL not able to address C issues in draft or FA, Ayton/Thybulle or Allen/Okoro are our only realistic trade options left. Although it’s possible CLE is waiting to extend Mobley first, I think it’s a long shot they trade Allen with Kenny as their new coach. This leaves only POR as the best option to address team needs (elite vertical leap big and great perimeter defense big wing) and I can’t help but wonder if everyone’s waiting to see what the Lakers do this offseason as it’s possible a pick/s might be involved. 

We’ve been told there’s likely 1 more trade to be made, but if we are in win-now mode (don’t have our 1sts) we should NOT trade Capela, Hunter, and/or other assets for anything less than an upgrade at starting C that fits our needs.

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

Is Nance not our backup 4?

I think Nance works alongside OO.  I think he plays more like a stretch 5 these days, but I could be wrong.  

hace 3 minutos, djjob23 dijo:

This x 100! With ATL not able to address C issues in draft or FA, Ayton/Thybulle or Allen/Okoro are our only realistic trade options left. Although it’s possible CLE is waiting to extend Mobley first, I think it’s a long shot they trade Allen with Kenny as their new coach. This leaves only POR as the best option to address team needs (elite vertical leap big and great perimeter defense big wing) and I can’t help but wonder if POR is waiting to see what the Lakers do this offseason before trading with the Hawks as it’s possible pick/s will be involved. 

We’ve been told there’s likely 1 more trade to be made, but we should NOT trade Capela, Hunter, and/or other assets for anything less than an upgrade at starting C.

I think we should pass on Ayton, I think he would be destroying the team chemistry as he has done on Phoenix and Portland and disappear on playoffs. I really think we should pass on him, Capela AND Hunter are way more value than Ayton and Thybulle and is not even close.His contract is horrible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I haven't seen a single thing on JJ's extension talks -- are those even happening?

I'd bet on him taking a step and offer him something below the Max now, so we don't have to potentially pay it next off-season.

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

There has to be be some clauses in that contract somewhere 

His last contract had some unguaranteed years depending on games played. I would assume a similar approach.

Off topic but when it rains it pours.  My son had to be flown to the Children’s Hospital in Jackson, MS, this morning and had emergency surgery for a twisted bowel.   They will take him back to surgery in the AM to see if there is any more dead bowel and then hopefully hook everything back up.  He’s stable but on the vent right now.  He was becoming septic before the surgery.  

• Sad 21

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Off topic but when it rains it pours.  My son had to be flown to the Children’s Hospital in Jackson, MS, this morning and had emergency surgery for a twisted bowel.   They will take him back to surgery in the AM to see if there is any more dead bowel and then hopefully hook everything back up.  He’s stable but on the vent right now.  He was becoming septic before the surgery.  

I know I'm just a random internet stranger but, I'm praying for you, your son, and your family. Everything is going to be good.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Prayers sent.  Hoping for all good reports.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Damn bruh, hope your son recovers asap.

I had a colectomy last year, I feel his pain.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Prayers going up on behalf of your son. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Prayers going out my guy

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Praying for peace for you and your family.

• Like 1