• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

Just now, AHF said:

On content of the deal, am I correct in assuming that Daniels and Nance are material parts of the deal and are not going to change but that Liddel is more filler and so whether he ends up in the deal or not is up in the air?

I don't believe most already there is changing from what was said outside of Nance Jr to Portland if Ayton is in the deal. As of right now, the trade is illegal. 

The BI trade also has a trade kicker of 15%. If anything, it's mostly new editions. Not sure where they are going. I am pretty sure Barnes and Lyles is going to NO but where is Duarte going, idk. He could ended up going to Atlanta but I doubt it. Most likely Portland. That said, don't be shocked if we end up with Duarte especially if Portland is just trading Williams and not Ayton. 

I heard Kevin name was dropped as a possible player in the deal as well. Seems like Sacramento wants to keep Kevin if they could

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Who are the moving pieces? Capela and Hunter?

Capela is the only new name I've heard. He played well in the 2nd half and is expiring. Portland wants to start Clingan so Ayton and Williams will come off the bench which isn't a want for either player for this team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Capela is the only new name I've heard. He played well in the 2nd half and is expiring. Portland wants to start Clingan so Ayton and Williams will come off the bench which isn't a want for either player for this team.

Any word if Sac is removing the draft pick restrictions on the pick we have of theirs for next year?

• Like 1

At this point if we don't end with Daniels and Nance I am going to be disapointed. I really want Daniels and if we don't get Nance I Hope we end with a backup PF.

If those are all the moving pieces if I can chose I definately would prefer to get Robert Williams, DD and Nance than Ayton. I think Williams is a difference maker in defense.

• Like 2

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

From a salary perspective then, we trade DJM and Capela and we receive back Dyson, Liddel, and Ayton or receive back Dyson, Liddel, Williams and Duarte?  

The Ayton deal version scares me for the reasons we've already discussed with his attitude and engagement.  The Williams version is scary due to his injury history.  Duarte does very little for me.  I would not want him taking minutes from our other options at those positions.  Both Ayton and Williams are interesting and you look at their tools and can see scenarios where they are really exciting but they are terrifying as well given their history.  (There is a reason that with Ayton and Williams only being 26 years that Portland drafted over both of them with Clingan.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I don't believe most already there is changing from what was said outside of Nance Jr to Portland if Ayton is in the deal. As of right now, the trade is illegal. 

The BI trade also has a trade kicker of 15%. If anything, it's mostly new editions. Not sure where they are going. I am pretty sure Barnes and Lyles is going to NO but where is Duarte going, idk. He could ended up going to Atlanta but I doubt it. Most likely Portland. That said, don't be shocked if we end up with Duarte especially if Portland is just trading Williams and not Ayton. 

I heard Kevin name was dropped as a possible player in the deal as well. Seems like Sacramento wants to keep Kevin if they could

Hawks are currently $5 million under the Luxury Tax after the Murray trade. $165.8 million

Trading for Ayton requires the Hawks to send out at least +$29 million if the plan is to remain under the tax.

That doesn't leave any additional room under the tax to resign Vit, Bey, another vet PG, use the MLE, etc......which means we'll need to send out more salary or be over the tax.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Ayton will be costly for Atlanta but they been watching him for years. He was even getting looked at by Utah when Quin was there years ago. 

Im sure we’re watching him, but I would be pretty surprised if we are seriously interested

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Atlanta has enough money to resign Vit and even Bey if he takes the min. 

Hawks are currently $165.8 million. Luxury tax is $170.8 million. That's a $5 mil difference.

• Like 1

hace 7 minutos, NBASupes dijo:

Atlanta is not targeting Williams, its NO who is. They need a vet 5 but don't want to spend much for it. 

Ayton will be costly for Atlanta but they been watching him for years. He was even getting looked at by Utah when Quin was there years ago. 

From what I've gathered, Atlanta doesn't want Matt Ryan but as of right now, the Murray trade is illegal. They have to fix that by tomorrow. 

Not to mention, Portland wants to start Clingan but they want good backups behind him. 

I understand that but I think is a Big mistake adding Ayton instead of R.Williams, if there is a chance to add him we should go for It, he is definately a difference maker on defense, his impact is huge.I would even trade OO for him.

• Like 1

hace 4 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Hawks are currently $165.8 million. Luxury tax is $170.8 million. That's a $5 mil difference.

I Guess that is why we are sending Capela and Nance, roughly 32M$ for Ayton.

By the way what happened to Duarte? He was a good player.

Edited by gurpilo

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. The Murray deal still isn't done

2. Where are you finding this at and post all of the contracts. It's not adding up

1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

By the way what happened to Duarte? He was a good player.

Injuries and he regressed like AJG

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, gurpilo said:

Then that leaves us with $3 million to fill out the rest of the roster.

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

I understand that but I think is a Big mistake adding Ayton instead of R.Williams, if there is a chance to add him we should go for It, he is definately a difference maker on defense, his impact is huge.I would even trade OO for him.

Either play is a stud. People discount it but we will be improved if either player  comes to the Hawks 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then that leaves us with $3 million to fill out the rest of the roster.

How many slots need to be filled at that point to reach the 14 minimum?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

R. Williams is damaged goods, can't stay healthy. 

I have loved his impact when healthy but yeah.  Career 142 ORTG and 103 DRTG is kind of amazing but averaging less than 36 games per season is brutally bad. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1