• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Minimum changes(long)

TRW

I don't think our team needs major changes, except maybe Center. I believe we match-up well against the two best teams in the East, Boston and New York. Our main issue was injuries so I hope this trainer from the 49ers can keep our players on the court. 

Our top 8 compared to NY: Trae, DJ, Dre, JJ, CC, Bogi, OO, and Richaser is not much different than Brunson, Bridges, OG, Randle, Mitchell, Hart, Donte D, Hartenstein.

Boston: White, Holliday, Brown, Tatum, Porzingis, Horford, Pritchard, and Hauser.

Trae is better or equal to Brunson, DJ is a little better than Bridges, OG is a little better than Hunter. Defensively OG is better but Offensively I give Hunter the edge, Randle is better than JJ but I hope he continues to improve and I believe CC and Mitchell are a wash. Bogi and Divincenzo are equal. I give the edge to Josh Hart over Richaser. 

I want mention Boston too much because we beat them twice last year without Trae.

PS: We destroy Landry over the 3 first round picks we gave the Spurs for DJ but nobody is losing their minds over the Knicks giving up 5 first rounders(4 unprotected) for Bridges. One team even gave up 5 second rounds picks for 1 player. Does sound familiar?

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, TRW said:

I don't think our team needs major changes, except maybe Center. I believe we match-up well against the two best teams in the East, Boston and New York. Our main issue was injuries so I hope this trainer from the 49ers can keep our players on the court. 

Our top 8 compared to NY: Trae, DJ, Dre, JJ, CC, Bogi, OO, and Richaser is not much different than Brunson, Bridges, OG, Randle, Mitchell, Hart, Donte D, Hartenstein.

Boston: White, Holliday, Brown, Tatum, Porzingis, Horford, Pritchard, and Hauser.

Trae is better or equal to Brunson, DJ is a little better than Bridges, OG is a little better than Hunter. Defensively OG is better but Offensively I give Hunter the edge, Randle is better than JJ but I hope he continues to improve and I believe CC and Mitchell are a wash. Bogi and Divincenzo are equal. I give the edge to Josh Hart over Richaser. 

I want mention Boston too much because we beat them twice last year without Trae.

PS: We destroy Landry over the 3 first round picks we gave the Spurs for DJ but nobody is losing their minds over the Knicks giving up 5 first rounders(4 unprotected) for Bridges. One team even gave up 5 second rounds picks for 1 player. Does sound familiar?

I like your optimism but i just don't agree with a lot of it.   NY and Boston talent wise are way ahead of us.  As far as giving up the first rounders, it's not as big a deal for a team willing to spend like NY.  For a team reliant on guys on rookie deals to be rotation players it's a huge deal. 

Anyway more specifically

Bridges is miles better than DJ.  I think folks are going to start to see who DJ is at his next stop.

OG is way better than Hunter

Mitchell i think is out in NY.  Not sure who their center is going to be but CC is on the decline.

Hart we have no comp for.  Bey i guess and he is better than Bey for sure.

• Like 1

I didn't explain myself enough.  I know we're not on Boston and New York's level. I was just saying we match up well in a lot of a areas. We should be a playoff team though.

1 hour ago, TRW said:

I didn't explain myself enough.  I know we're not on Boston and New York's level. I was just saying we match up well in a lot of a areas. We should be a playoff team though.

I think the premise is that we're not as far from being a competitive team despite our collective teeth gnashing and whining.  You're not wrong.

And I do think there's some parallels between us coming up short then giving up unprotected 1sts to get Murray.  And NYK doing the same, but worse, to get Bridges. 

We got beat by MIA mainly because they were an awful matchup and we were injured.  The DJ move was an overreaction.  I think history will paint the Nix move similarly.

• Like 1

• Moderators

As far as moving back to being a playoff team, the two key things are adding Risacher and moving Trae or DJM.  If we get rid of the highly negative play when they are both on the floor, we will be substantially better just from having a SG next to our PG.

7 hours ago, TRW said:

I disagree with most of your player comparisons, but I will agree with one thing. The Hawks were decimated by injuries last year and, if healthy, were a lot better than a 36 win team. I firmly believe that. 

They need to fix the fit problems with Trae and DJM and fiz the lack of depth in general, but this team isn't devoid of talent. That I agree with. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TRW said:

1 hour ago, AHF said:

As far as moving back to being a playoff team, the two key things are adding Risacher and moving Trae or DJM.  If we get rid of the highly negative play when they are both on the floor, we will be substantially better just from having a SG next to our PG.

Ok I’ll play along here from a positive perspective…..

FIRST OFF I KNOW THIS ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN….

If we could somehow limit and I mean LIMIT the minutes of Trae & DJ being on the court together at the same time or only strategically put them on the floor together to change up the pace or something, we would be a lot better off! Maybe even a 6th seeded team with potential to be a 5 seed.

Synders rotations would have to be crisp! No robot rotations!

im talking you start the game with Trae and DJ but by the 3 or 5 minute mark of Q1 one of them is sitting and you’re running point with one or the other in the beginning (likely Trae) and then 2nd quarter is the others quarter (likely Murray).

I know this would never happen but would that make us better ? Of course but you’re telling the two biggest stars and egos on the team (more than likely)…that their time on the court will be extremely up and down.

It’s possible to do a rotation of Trae and Murray running point with maybe 5-6 minutes per game of Murray’s minutes being at SG. Both the players get around 32 minutes per game.

But shit ain’t no superstar, all star, level player this damn humble 😂 to roll with this.

THE ONLY OTHER WAY…..

I can see a Trae & DJ backcourt work is if you get an extremely lengthy, tall, and tough front court like what the Cavs have.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok I’ll play along here from a positive perspective…..

FIRST OFF I KNOW THIS ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN….

If we could somehow limit and I mean LIMIT the minutes of Trae & DJ being on the court together at the same time or only strategically put them on the floor together to change up the pace or something, we would be a lot better off! Maybe even a 6th seeded team with potential to be a 5 seed.

Synders rotations would have to be crisp! No robot rotations!

im talking you start the game with Trae and DJ but by the 3 or 5 minute mark of Q1 one of them is sitting and you’re running point with one or the other in the beginning (likely Trae) and then 2nd quarter is the others quarter (likely Murray).

I know this would never happen but would that make us better ? Of course but you’re telling the two biggest stars and egos on the team (more than likely)…that their time on the court will be extremely up and down.

It’s possible to do a rotation of Trae and Murray running point with maybe 5-6 minutes per game of Murray’s minutes being at SG. Both the players get around 32 minutes per game.

But shit ain’t no superstar, all star, level player this damn humble 😂 to roll with this.

THE ONLY OTHER WAY…..

I can see a Trae & DJ backcourt work is if you get an extremely lengthy, tall, and tough front court like what the Cavs have.

I don’t think I follow your math.  If you limit DJM to 6 minutes at SG that gives you 48 minutes at PG + 6 minutes at SG for DJM + 0 minutes at SG for Trae for a total of 54 minutes.  That would look something like 28 minutes for Trae (all at PG) and 26 for DJM (20 at PG and 6 at SG).  I don’t see how you get close to 32 mpg each without giving DJM 16 minutes at SG.  That is 1/3 of the game where we probably suck.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I just think that moving Murray is essential, non-negotiable.  I like him but he's being overrated right now and we should take advantage of that.  Why do we think the Spurs were willing to part with him when they were trying to build the team up.  He was one of their best players, young and cheap.  He can be a nice PG on a team with 2 all stars.  He could be a great sixth man.  Starting 2 guard just isn't an option. 

• Like 2