• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJ Griffin Traded

JayBirdHawk

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC, his 'issues' started prior. @Sothron indicated that something occurred between him and Quin before last season, and they didn't get past whatever that was. The Beyonce tweets didn't help 

At 21, there are lots of people who switch careers, they have to find what's best for them...will it work, only time will tell.

I think people can't reconcile him give up that much money to play a game when most of us won't see that kind of money in our lifetime  

I do wonder if he retired from the NBA to join the armed services how that would play.

Several years ago, a player with the NFL quit football, went into service and was killed in battle.  Anyone remember this?

🥲

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Several years ago, a player with the NFL quit football, went into service and was killed in battle.  Anyone remember this?

🥲

Pat Tillman.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Alright..... I'll out myself then, since you and @kg01 have tempted me.  French cuisine is really nice in France but it usually sucks in the US.  Their entire thing is having really high quality and fresh ingredients, so it's not necessarily specific, amazing dishes like some cuisines.  For that reason, it usually is significantly worse when you get "French food" in the US because we've optimized all our food supply chains on cost and not on quality.  The EU has a ton of food regulations as well so they don't have as many artificial ingredients and preservatives which undermine French cuisine-- they tend to have more fresh, locally sourced ingredients in France.  They're also close to the coast no matter where you are so the seafood tends to be fresh.  And their cheese game is second to none if you enjoy lots of different flavored cheese (I do).  Bistro Niko in Buckhead is pretty good for a French restaurant in Atlanta

I just couldn't think of a way to disagree without sounding like an ass.  French food is amazing!  Just based on quality standards alone it blows most other regions out of the water.  I'm going to Paris in a few weeks and I can't wait.  

• Like 3

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I just couldn't think of a way to disagree without sounding like an ass.  French food is amazing!  Just based on quality standards alone it blows most other regions out of the water.  I'm going to Paris in a few weeks and I can't wait.  

We can be asses.  I also enjoy French food although haven't had it for some time.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Alright..... I'll out myself then, since you and @kg01 have tempted me.  French cuisine is really nice in France but it usually sucks in the US.  Their entire thing is having really high quality and fresh ingredients, so it's not necessarily specific, amazing dishes like some cuisines.  For that reason, it usually is significantly worse when you get "French food" in the US because we've optimized all our food supply chains on cost and not on quality.  The EU has a ton of food regulations as well so they don't have as many artificial ingredients and preservatives which undermine French cuisine-- they tend to have more fresh, locally sourced ingredients in France.  They're also close to the coast no matter where you are so the seafood tends to be fresh.  And their cheese game is second to none if you enjoy lots of different flavored cheese (I do).  Bistro Niko in Buckhead is pretty good for a French restaurant in Atlanta

You pretty much nailed it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

🥲

There was also Glen Coffee who did and served 4 years as a paratrooper, then attempted to return to NFL.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

1 hour ago, AHF said:

We can be asses.  I also enjoy French food although haven't had it for some time.

32 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You pretty much nailed it.

Man, this is good stuff.  Hold on ...

noted-gif-20569892.gif

... make note of all the folks that eat and drink with they pinky poked out.

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Their fries and toast are amazing.   

(I'll see myself out)

I take back all the terrible things I say about you, macd.  You a real one.  We're surrounded by the bourgeoisie.

Free the proletariat!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I take back all the terrible things I say about you, macd.  You a real one.  We're surrounded by the bourgeoisie.

Free the proletariat!! 

Are we one step away from the return of Freedom Fries?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Went last summer.....pastries were also on point.

Will definitely get some pastries.  Paris is a short stop.  We’re going to be in Bologna most of the time, which is the food capital of Italy.  Mostly gonna eat street food.  I’m actually not a white table cloth kind of guy.  

Crazy thing is we did a home exchange and I found out the family home we’re staying at has a son who plays basketball for Boston University.  He’s 6’10” and started his sophomore season with the team.  https://goterriers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/nico-nobili/25792

Maybe I should bring some Hawks gear as a gift.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

espresso-classy-pinkies-up-sips-tea-sipp

I bet there's better cuisine(sic) in West BumFunk County, TX than there is in the whole of France. 

Now make sure you stay outta East BumFunk.  Nothin to eat there but gas station croissants.  I pronounced it 'kwa-sants' so I sound civilized like yall. 

😉

• Haha 1

• Moderators
15 hours ago, kg01 said:

Now make sure you stay outta East BumFunk.  Nothin to eat there but gas station croissants.  I pronounced it 'kwa-sants' so I sound civilized like yall. 

You mean crescent rolls?  When'd you get so fru fru?

• Haha 3