• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ Griffin Traded

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Am told multi player (separate) trades out there for DJM and Capela.  Not just a cost savings move for the Hawks.  This deal gives them another roster spot to absorb a young player.

DJM trade with Orlando could include Anthony Black and da Silva who they took at 18 last night (plus picks).  Similar deals out there for Clint.  take back 1 meh value, + young players so needed a roster spot.  

Take the above with a grain of salt. Not confirmed by a second source.

I'm waiting to be excited by a move this front office makes.  Hope this is indeed a precursor to that and not just yet another deal where we ship someone out for a nothing return to save money.  (The #44 pick is not worthless but not worth much of anything either.  It is the kind of pick that gets sold outright.)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Am told multi player (separate) trades out there for DJM and Capela.  Not just a cost savings move for the Hawks.  This deal gives them another roster spot to absorb a young player.

DJM trade with Orlando could include Anthony Black and da Silva who they took at 18 last night (plus picks).  Similar deals out there for Clint.  take back 1 meh value, + young players so needed a roster spot.  

My question is how do these moves make us a contender now.   If that's the goal for Trae not to leave, how is acquiring a bunch of picks and first or second year players putting us in contention?  This screams rebuild which I would guess Trae or Quinn isn't excited about. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, LarsV8 said:

Can you guys give me the skinny on what happened to him?

1.  Incorrectly predicted the Rapture

2.  Based on step 1, let himself go and stopped trying to improve

3.  traded

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

His value peaked playing with Nate. It took a while to find out he wouldn’t work with Quin, so by the time they figured that out and tried to trade him, but his value was literally nothing since he was out for personal reasons.
Sounds like they were only now able to move on from him now since his value has moved up to “next to nothing” as more time has passed since he was out for an extended period of time.

That's fair. But people pitch it like he was *never* a fit, and there is nothing to be done to make him one. 

If you know that without a shadow of a doubt now, you shoulda had a pretty good idea about it then. 

That's what gets me. If you went into last summer, when he still had huge value, and didn't have a plan for him... Don't keep him. 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Dealt with family issues, mental problems, some locker room troubles with a particular player so I hear, health issues, but most importantly never fit Quin and his system. Was good under Nate but terrible under Quin. His time was always gonna run out in Atlanta. Thats the best they could get for him

tell me more 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, thecampster said:

I liked him when I thought we were getting the Kings pick.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

I feel we could of got a late first for him if he was traded Last year.

Maybe better.  He was a #15 pick who had a great rookie season.  He was top 10 in his class by a lot of metrics and had multiple game winning shots.  Easy trade for a first if we trade him this time last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

I don't care that we traded AJ, but that return is awful. Simply cost cutting. He really didn't have any more value, even as part of a Murray package?

A hair away from outright cutting him. Just a typical Hawks move to get the absolute lowest value for their assets that they can muster. 

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm waiting to be excited by a move this front office makes.  Hope this is indeed a precursor to that and not just yet another deal where we ship someone out for a nothing return to save money.  (The #44 pick is not worthless but not worth much of anything either.  It is the kind of pick that gets sold outright.)

How long are we gonna justify and hold out hope that moves that seem terrible will end up making sense after hypothetical consequent moves that end up never coming to pass? Been saying this for every move since the Huerter trade and the end result has been garbage every time.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Cutting him it would count against the cap.

I mean from an asset acquisition stand point, I don't give a flying turd how much money they are saving personally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1