• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ Griffin Traded

JayBirdHawk

23 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

No second round pick is going to help them compete for a playoff spot. I'm not sure their first round pick will.

Are we in another rebuild? If we are then embrace it and quit p*ssy footing around like we have a competitive team. Show me how we have improved this off season. We had the number one pick in the draft. I don't see it.

Who does this?

Dude I was talking about SL.. Wtf are you going on about? smh

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Not that anyone will be surprised about this, I peaked at a Rockets message board and they LOVE this trade, and couldn't believe they got AJ for the 44th pick.  

Nice job, FO

It is a pick that most likely won't amount to anything for a player with proven talent who is going through off-the-court issues.  I like their end of it better too.  Nikola seems interesting at least but yeah they should be thrilled.

• Sad 2

30 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

No second round pick is going to help them compete for a playoff spot. I'm not sure their first round pick will.

Are we in another rebuild? If we are then embrace it and quit p*ssy footing around like we have a competitive team. Show me how we have improved this off season. We had the number one pick in the draft. I don't see it.

Who does this?

Who cares about SL. Things must be pretty bad when we are thinking about SL instead of the main team.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, warcore said:

he balled out and then we got a new coach that didn't play him and other than that, we don't know. He was a stud his rookie year. Congrats on taking advantage of our clown parade of a front office. 

AJ fell off before Quinn was hired. He was having a ridiculously efficient rookie year, decided to cut his hair off mid season, and lost all his ability instantly.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

AJ fell off before Quinn was hired. He was having a ridiculously efficient rookie year, decided to cut his hair off mid season, and lost all his ability instantly.

If you look at his 3pt shot, it was remarkably consistent.  He had a rough February but every other month was between 36.4% and 53.5%.  (March and April were 41%).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Who doesn't need a 6ft6 wing that can shoot. What system doesn't that fit. 

It's more than just that, how well can you defend, what's you BBIQ in certain situations, how much of a liability are you on either side of the floor.People point to Trae and/or Luka along with other players for being piss poor on the defensive end, but they are above average to elite at other things. AJ  yes a good shooter, ok what else ?

Edited by HawksNWaffles
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

It's more than just that, how well can you defend, what's you BBIQ in certain situations, how much of a liability are you on either side of the floor.People point to Trae and/or Luka along with other players for being piss poor on the defensive end, but they are above average to elite at other things. AJ  yes a good shooter, ok what else ?

6 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

What evidence do we have that AJ was lacking in these areas. I hate how these narratives pop up out of no where with no evidence  to prove it.

14 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

What evidence do we have that AJ was lacking in these areas. I hate how these narratives pop up out of no where with no evidence  to prove it.

It was referenced in a few articles likes this one, 

https://www.peachtreehoops.com/2024/5/17/24157225/2023-24-atlanta-hawks-player-review-aj-griffin-trade-season-review-recap-notes-quotes

While I do agree that injuries and other other things didn't help as well. And maybe Quin could of done a bit more, who's to say. But whatever Quin wanted him to develop in , apparently he felt as if he wasn't a piece going forward. But again that's just my hypothesis. Sometimes it just takes a change to reach that potential.

Edited by HawksNWaffles

18 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I mean, was this dude really going to be the savior of this franchise?  He had his moments and I thought I saw promise but I never saw any growth past his first year.  What are we really missing?  

Quiet as it's kept, I questioned the love affair with him.  My issue is with the apparent misuse of an asset ... again. 

• Like 3