• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

AJ Griffin Traded

JayBirdHawk

If any NBA player was terribly injured in an auto wreck that ended his career, we would all be sympathetic about it.

If any NBA player has a mental breakdown that ends his career, we - - - - - 

:ahf:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

AJ explaining why he stepped away from Basketball:

Best of luck to him on his new journey.

I can't bring myself to watch.  I think he needs help so I'm not keen to see it in action.

Like a lot of these guys, the Royce White's and others, I wonder if they realize no one would be paying any attention to them if it weren't for basketball.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he's found his purpose good for him and best of luck.

Each person has to live their own life as they see fit as they alone will ultimately give an account of themselves.

I told yall those Beyonce tweets were a problem smh

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

George Foreman unretired from ministry.  Ricky Williams unretired from smoking weed.  We’ll see if AJ lasts as a retired 21 yo.

He might not stay retired, which will only make our wasted first rounder sting a bit more

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

I told yall those Beyonce tweets were a problem smh

IIRC, his 'issues' started prior. @Sothron indicated that something occurred between him and Quin before last season, and they didn't get past whatever that was. The Beyonce tweets didn't help 

At 21, there are lots of people who switch careers, they have to find what's best for them...will it work, only time will tell.

I think people can't reconcile him give up that much money to play a game when most of us won't see that kind of money in our lifetime  

I do wonder if he retired from the NBA to join the armed services how that would play.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

IIRC, his 'issues' started prior. @Sothron indicated that something occurred between him and Quin before last season, and they didn't get past whatever that was. The Beyonce tweets didn't help 

At 21, there are lots of people who switch careers, they have to find what's best for them...will it work, only time will tell.

I think people can't reconcile him give up that much money to play a game when most of us won't see that kind of money in our lifetime  

I do wonder if he retired from the NBA to join the armed services how that would play.

I’d be just as mad lol idc why hes quitting, just annoyed at one more challenge in our roster building— i’ll be annoyed if Risacher decides he wants to be a sous chef next offseason too 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I’d be just as mad lol idc why hes quitting, just annoyed at one more challenge in our roster building— i’ll be annoyed if Risacher decides he wants to be a sous chef next offseason too 

Everybody to their own order.  I'm not holding it against him. His life, his choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

I saw on a pod he did, he said Jesus wanted him to leave the NBA and serve Him. 

Aye, I can’t be mad if that’s the case. I don’t know that God has ever spoken to me directly, but I do know that if he calls you, you better answer.

Im a Falcons fan, too. So I already went through this with Vic Beasley. (Funny they both had braids, I wonder if that’s a thing now) Anyways, literally anything else could be worse for him.

Hopefully he’s not the judgemental evangelical type that ends up being exposed down the line for hypocrisy and scandal like that North Carolina politician (Im hitting on all the no no’s right now lol).

I do think there is demand for some young brothers to be faith leaders in today’s society. Not my calling, but respect to those whose it is.

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Am I the only one that thinks French food is overrated AF?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think this is a perfect question to out people who want to sound like an arrogant prick.  I see why people hate the French more clearly now.  

Alright..... I'll out myself then, since you and @kg01 have tempted me.  French cuisine is really nice in France but it usually sucks in the US.  Their entire thing is having really high quality and fresh ingredients, so it's not necessarily specific, amazing dishes like some cuisines.  For that reason, it usually is significantly worse when you get "French food" in the US because we've optimized all our food supply chains on cost and not on quality.  The EU has a ton of food regulations as well so they don't have as many artificial ingredients and preservatives which undermine French cuisine-- they tend to have more fresh, locally sourced ingredients in France.  They're also close to the coast no matter where you are so the seafood tends to be fresh.  And their cheese game is second to none if you enjoy lots of different flavored cheese (I do).  Bistro Niko in Buckhead is pretty good for a French restaurant in Atlanta

• Like 3