• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Nikola Đurišić (Djurisic)

JayBirdHawk

I don’t think there is a need to bring him over this season. Our roster is already full. Lundy plays a similar position and has been in the system. We shouldn’t move on from the 2nd round picks before we maximize their potential. If we had an open spot, it would make sense, but between the injury and crowded lineup, just return him to his squad until we figure things out on our end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Yes.  It would require dumping one of them.

The NBA changed the rules last year, where teams can have up to 3 players on 2 way deals. 

Regardless he probably makes more overseas, Euro teams are known to pay their players taxes, so financially it would make more sense for him to stay overseas, until we can offer him a true NBA contract. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

The NBA changed the rules last year, where teams can have up to 3 players on 2 way deals. 

Regardless he probably makes more overseas, Euro teams are known to pay their players taxes, so financially it would make more sense for him to stay overseas, until we can offer him a true NBA contract. 

Thanks.  Does this expand the total roster to 16?  If not, would still require cutting someone since we are at 16 right now with Mathews and Bruno not guaranteed.  If we make no changes, I would expect Bruno to be cut (which would move us from just over the tax line to just under it) and if we added another 2-way then that require us to cut Mathews as well either for tax reasons, roster spot reasons, or both.

• Moderators
Just now, AHF said:

Thanks.  Does this expand the total roster to 16?  If not, would still require cutting someone since we are at 16 right now with Mathews and Bruno not guaranteed.  If we make no changes, I would expect Bruno to be cut (which would move us from just over the tax line to just under it) and if we added another 2-way then that require us to cut Mathews as well either for tax reasons, roster spot reasons, or both.

It's hard to imagine them asking Bruno to extend his guarantee date only to cut him.  Especially with Zeller on the roster.  

I'm confused as to when Zeller can be traded.  Is it two months from when he signed or Dec. 15th?  I've seen both. 

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Actually they already picked up Garrison's option for next season, so he is signed.  If we exclude Bruno & Niko we are at 15 contracts currently( don't forget about E.J. Lidell).  We got 1 2-way spot left, if we choose to sign someone. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

We can go into training camp with 20 players: 17 nba contracts plus 3 2 ways.

Cut down day is October 19th, where non guarantees, etc, can be released without a cap charge.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We can go into training camp with 20 players: 17 nba contracts plus 3 2 ways.

Cut down day is October 19th, where non guarantees, etc, can be released without a cap charge.

cut down to what? 15 or 14?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

Actually they already picked up Garrison's option for next season, so he is signed.  

Hawks picked up his team option but his contract is still not fully guaranteed. Fully guaranteed date is on 01/10/2025. So he can still be released without a salary cap charge.

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

cut down to what? 15 or 14?

15 NBA contracts.

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

If we exclude Bruno & Niko we are at 15 contracts currently( don't forget about E.J. Lidell).  We got 1 2-way spot left, if we choose to sign someone. 

We currently have 16 nba contracts, with 2 unguarantees - Bruno and Garrison.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

Actually they already picked up Garrison's option for next season, so he is signed.  If we exclude Bruno & Niko we are at 15 contracts currently( don't forget about E.J. Lidell).  We got 1 2-way spot left, if we choose to sign someone. 

50 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We currently have 16 nba contracts, with 2 unguarantees - Bruno and Garrison.

I think Garrison is still unguaranteed.  

But since two-way contracts don't count against the 15 roster cap and don't count against the cap, that does appear to be practicably usable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess we'll see him in 2025. (If they keep him here).

ATLANTA -- Atlanta Hawks rookie guard/forward Nikola Djurisic of Serbia has had surgery on his left foot and is out until at least November.

Djurisic fractured his left foot during a summer league game on July 14 and had surgery to repair his left fifth metatarsal bone. The surgery was performed on Monday by Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte, North Carolina. The Hawks disclosed the surgery on Wednesday and said Djurisic's status will be updated in November.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

(If they keep him here).

I think it will take a multiplayer trade to make that happen at this point but we'll see.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On a two way I meant.

I don't know his contract status in Europe but that seems like it would be a really big step down for him.  For a guy the FO supposedly viewed as a top 20 talent, I am skeptical he would come over with that little assurance and at that price point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know his contract status in Europe but that seems like it would be a really big step down for him.  For a guy the FO supposedly viewed as a top 20 talent, I am skeptical he would come over with that little assurance and at that price point.

I've been trying to find his contract details, no luck. He signed his first professional contract in 2022.

• Like 1