• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Welcome to Atlanta, Nikola Đurišić (Djurisic)

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Makes a lot of sense.

Not if you really believe he was a top 20 talent in this draft but this was what I expected so I'm not remotely surprised.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Not if you really believe he was a top 20 talent in this draft but this was what I expected so I'm not remotely surprised.

I think the injury changed some things there.

On 7/24/2024 at 3:27 PM, AHF said:

I don't know his contract status in Europe but that seems like it would be a really big step down for him.  For a guy the FO supposedly viewed as a top 20 talent, I am skeptical he would come over with that little assurance and at that price point.

Yep the injury changed everything as did the lack of Bufkin in Summer league. Niko was never expected to handle the ball that much and if he signed, it was going to be a 2-way so we could coach him here.

They are thrilled with the pick though.

• Thanks 3

• Moderators
11 hours ago, thecampster said:

Yep the injury changed everything as did the lack of Bufkin in Summer league. Niko was never expected to handle the ball that much and if he signed, it was going to be a 2-way so we could coach him here.

They are thrilled with the pick though.

Please share the terms of his deal when that becomes known.  If he is currently under contract or if he just signs one overseas, the salary and buyout will definitely impact the likelihood of him coming here next year.  Like if he is a FA now and signs a 3 year $18M deal, we are going to need to do a lot better than a two-way offer to convince him.  If he is signing for $1M a year with no buyout that is very different.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, AHF said:

Please share the terms of his deal when that becomes known.  If he is currently under contract or if he just signs one overseas, the salary and buyout will definitely impact the likelihood of him coming here next year.  Like if he is a FA now and signs a 3 year $18M deal, we are going to need to do a lot better than a two-way offer to convince him.  If he is signing for $1M a year with no buyout that is very different.

Maybe he signs a deal with an NBA out clause.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Maybe he signs a deal with an NBA out clause.

Would love to know this.  That wouldn't address the difference between a guaranteed contract paying $6M (purely a hypothetical) vs a two-way but would remove the issue of how to get him out of the deal.  And there may be no issue with a buy-out for any number of reasons.  I'm just in the dark on this.

• 4 weeks later...

So... any news on what we're doing with him? The roster's full (15 guaranteed contracts + 3 two-way contracts). Is he just gonna hang out around the facility until he recovers from the broken foot?

• Moderators
On 8/23/2024 at 5:32 PM, ATLHawks3 said:

So... any news on what we're doing with him? The roster's full (15 guaranteed contracts + 3 two-way contracts). Is he just gonna hang out around the facility until he recovers from the broken foot?

I assume he is playing overseas this year and hopefully won't sign a contract that leaves him with a big buyout if we want him in Atlanta next year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I assume he is playing overseas this year and hopefully won't sign a contract that leaves him with a big buyout if we want him in Atlanta next year.

He's out until November from surgery to fractured foot.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's out until November from surgery to fractured foot.

Right.  Why wouldn’t he want to sign a deal that guarantees him some money and coming back in November should be plenty of season left to get an offer overseas.