• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

28 minutes ago, givemesome1ce1 said:

Dyson Daniels would be the best POA defender on this team. Why underrate him? If we can get the offense to work…amazing pickup.

IMG_2114.jpeg

Good luck ! Being the best POA defender on the Hawks isn't saying much. Question is how much does that elevate this team. Not much.

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The previous GM chose to draft Trae and build around him. Now the current Hawks front office chose to build around Trae by trading a VERY good player in Murray (that plays the same position on a better contract) in exchange for draft picks, a POA defender, and a pogo stick big with the latter two fitting Trae's strengths and weaknesses. We have to accept the fact that while Trae isn't perfect, he's a guy that you build "around" versus build "with". I wish Murray the best, but the Hawks made the right choice.

The problem is that they traded a 20/5/5 player and didn't even get back a legit starter..

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hawkman said:

The previous GM chose to draft Trae and build around him. Now the current Hawks front office chose to build around Trae by trading a VERY good player in Murray (that plays the same position on a better contract) in exchange for draft picks, a POA defender, and a pogo stick big with the latter two fitting Trae's strengths and weaknesses. We have to accept the fact that while Trae isn't perfect, he's a guy that you build "around" versus build "with". I wish Murray the best, but the Hawks made the right choice.

I really don't see Trae being around here long. By the trade deadline and the Hawks are more than ten games below 500 Trae will demand they trade him. I don't think the Hawks are trying to win next year

They are hoping to get as many lottery picks as they possible. 

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I really don't see Trae being around here long. By the trade deadline and the Hawks are more than ten games below 500 Trae will demand they trade him. I don't think the Hawks are trying to win next year

They are hoping to get as many lottery picks as they possible. 

This doesn't even make sense. Why would the Hawks not try to win next year when they don't have their own draft pick? 

Get as many lottery picks as possible? How the heck are they doing that? 

SMH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

The problem is that they traded a 20/5/5 player and didn't even get back a legit starter..

We got a good return. Daniels maybe a legit starter for us. We don't have the same personnel NO had. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

This doesn't even make sense. Why would the Hawks not try to win next year when they don't have their own draft pick? 

Get as many lottery picks as possible? How the heck are they doing that? 

SMH

Because you can't expect to win with the trashy and relatively forgettable roster they currently have.

3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

It's not us burning the team down. It's Resslsr and Fields.

It is what it is.

To me, I think Fields is doing a good job of what he has and what he is working with?  Can you do better, or what would you do in this situation.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

Wow, just let it play out before you throw your judgement.  Seriously, just let it play out.  Like how @thecampster says we need patience.

I've been patient over forty years. How long   should I  be patient. Another forty? Just say it's a rebuild,  don't try to snow the fan base into thinking your trying to compete.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I agree with that. But the Hawks dug themselves into this hole by openly ducking the tax and not countering the Hawks "fire sale" narrative. The front office looks weak and vulnerable to the fans AND rival executives right now. If they projected more strength, they could've squeezed a Herb Jones out of this deal. But it is what it is at this point.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

We got a good return. Daniels maybe a legit starter for us. We don't have the same personnel NO had. 

They got what looks to be a couple of role players. I know you will say Dyson is young,but him being young doesn't mean some great I provement is coming.  This roster is junk. 

8 minutes ago, NekiEcko said:

To me, I think Fields is doing a good job of what he has and what he is working with?  Can you do better, or what would you do in this situation.

Who couldn't trade a 20/5/5 player for a couple of backups? Then he drafts a player with a role player skillset that can barely speak and communicate 

I just have to accept that the Hawks are not serious and that simply isn't going to change. It's up to me to just accept that going forward. 

Edited by Plainview1981

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Daniels only starts on a bad team. He has become much better than he is. Good athlete average ballplayer at this point. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I agree with that. But the Hawks dug themselves into this hole by openly ducking the tax and not countering the Hawks "fire sale" narrative. The front office looks weak and vulnerable to the fans AND rival executives right now. If they projected more strength, they could've squeezed a Herb Jones out of this deal. But it is what it is at this point.

Pretty much.

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

They got what looks to be a couple of role players. I know you will say Dyson is young,but him being young doesn't mean some great I provement is coming.  This roster is junk. 

I don't agree. Our 60 win team was one of the 5 worst rosters in the NBA, talent-wise. 

I've always said, perimeter is where you can sacrifice offense with Trae. We had a ton of success with Snell and Solo at the 2 and 3 before. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

I've been patient over forty years. How long   should I  be patient. Another forty? Just say it's a rebuild,  don't try to snow the fan base into thinking your trying to compete.

We're on the right track, with Quin, one of the sharpest NBA minds, Trae, an outstanding offensive player, and a young squad all under 25. Plus, Hawks U is a solid program set to further develop their skills. 

If you view this team as rebuilding, that's your perspective, but it's the first time they're assembling the right components around Trae, and I'm eager to see the results. Patience is key in this process. 

A friend from Seattle believes this is the optimal outcome for the circumstances, with Atlanta finally constructing a supportive team for Trae and coming out ahead in the trade. We have two unrestricted picks at our disposal, and if we choose to use them (with the SAC 1st round pick likely the next to go), we can do so while maintaining financial flexibility, especially as the CBA's new stipulations are set to tighten the financial constraints on many teams.

Edited by NekiEcko
  • Thanks 1

Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

Daniels only starts on a bad team. He has become much better than he is. Good athlete average ballplayer at this point. 

If he becomes more than a role player then I and others will have no choice but to eat our words.