• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Ie, Nance was brought in using an exception. We couldn't add him to an Ayton trade till Sept 8.

I know, I know...killjoy.

Was NOLA under the cap?  How were they able to trade for Murray without sending those players back as salary in the same deal?  

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Any chance we go up to the 2nd apron ? And sign someone free agency, not sure capela can bring an improvement at center and Hunter is looking better to keep at this point, I don't think it makes sense, player like him are becoming almost.impossibke.to.acquire. 

Portland has a logjam at center not sure they are trying to take back another one.

No. We won't even get to the 1st, let alone past the LT.

We only have the $12 mil MLE to sign a FA out right.

Anything else would have to be via trades.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Was NOLA under the cap?  How were they able to trade for Murray without sending those players back as salary in the same deal?  

They sent them in the same deal. 

Think of it as the Hawks manipulating the books. They could have done the trade as is and still have the full JC TPE but that expires July 7th so it made sense to use it now while subsequently creating a new one with DJ's salary that's now valid for a year.

If the Hawks want to and are willing to exceed the LT. They can now trade for a player making up to $18.2 mil to add to the existing roster.

• Thanks 4

If the Hawks can find a way to flip Capela (and maybe the Kings first, if needed) for value, I will come away from this offseason very pleased.

In terms of value, here are some players I would target that are making near Capela money:

• Malcolm Brogdon ($22.5 Million)
  • Duncan Robinson ($19.4 Million)
  • Cam Johnson ($23.6 Million)

• Premium Member
28 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They sent them in the same deal. 

Think of it as the Hawks manipulating the books. They could have done the trade as is and still have the full JC TPE but that expires July 7th so it made sense to use it now while subsequently creating a new one with DJ's salary that's now valid for a year.

If the Hawks want to and are willing to exceed the LT. They can now trade for a player making up to $18.2 mil to add to the existing roster.

As an Example of the above:

Let's say we are interested in acquiring Lauri....he's making $18 mil. We can take him in using the newly acquired DJ TPE without sending out matching salary. It would require adding a boatload of picks, but you get where I'm going with the salary structure.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sturt said:

Okay, I just have to throw this in before I hit the road today...

Throwing shade on a 21 yr-old who posted a +.100 WS/48 in his second season just because the coach, as coaches are prone to do, shortened his rotation for the playoffs... I think... is a little silly. The kid's best days are in front of him. This was my lecture (for the 17th time, but who's counting) to FQ earlier... you don't judge young players as-if they've plateaued so soon. The kid is already proven to be an asset. His first to second year progression is indicative of something still better in his new uniform. Once you get past 25 it's unusual to see very much improvement in a player, though there are examples of even that (take a bow Steve Nash). But before 25, until you see a tangible plateau for something more than 82 games, the smart money on a player who was a lottery pick is that he's only going to get better.

I guess we should have kept AJ .

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Let's say we are interested in acquiring Lauri....he's making $18 mil. We can take him in using the newly acquired DJ TPE without sending out matching salary. It would require adding a boatload of picks, but you get where I'm going with the salary structure.

In your opinion, which FRP's are the Hawks willing to use now in trades.

Looks like we are at 3 FRP and two swaps MAX as trade bait IMO

I don't think they dump the 2025 LAL at all. Maybe the MIL-NO.

image.png.65f9034e3fea709d635127c5f784d7ee.png

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

In your opinion, which FRP's are the Hawks willing to use now in trades.

Looks like we are at 3 FRP and two swaps MAX as trade bait IMO

image.png.65f9034e3fea709d635127c5f784d7ee.png

It depends on the return. I wouldn't use any to clear/cut salary. The player(s) we get back have to be real upgrades that would on paper, have us at least Top 4 in the East.

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Nance won't even be here in 2025 and Bey plays the 3. We need to resign Bey. All data metrics point to Bey being an impactful performer. We need to keep those guys, not lose them like we did with Delon Wright. 

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/hawks-decline-tendering-qualifying-offer-to-saddiq-bey/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Watchman said:

You are "a glutton for punishment" like many of your fellow long time Hawks fans.

Your right.Tell me about it. All these people talking about Daniels being a great defensive player haven't seen him play 5 games. They are probably basing their scouting report off of highlight film. All I know for sure is he wasn't in the Pels rotation. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Nance won't even be here in 2025 and Bey plays the 3. We need to resign Bey. All data metrics point to Bey being an impactful performer. We need to keep those guys, not lose them like we did with Delon Wright. 

You were saying?

19 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Every little drop of sweat counts!  4.5 M drop in Hawk's payroll.  Hawks traded one player for three, thus gaining one plus we gained 2 new players thru the draft.  Someone else gotta go!  Maybe we swap 3 for one next time!

🥲

56 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

Your right.Tell me about it. All these people talking about Daniels being a great defensive player haven't seen him play 5 games. They are probably basing their scouting report off of highlight film. All I know for sure is he wasn't in the Pels rotation. 

He played in 61 games this past season and averaged 22 minutes per night. He was a part of their regular rotation in the regular season.

He wasn't in the Pelicans playoff rotation much due to struggles from deep. That's a development area he'll need to work to improve on this summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I understand that aspect.  I thought TPEs were created when one team isn’t sending out a player.  I also thought a TPE couldn’t be combined with a player.  We traded out a player which is why I’m confused.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

I understand that aspect.  I thought TPEs were created when one team isn’t sending out a player.  I also thought a TPE couldn’t be combined with a player.  We traded out a player which is why I’m confused.

You can use a single TPE to bring in multiple players but you can't combine TPEs to make it into one bigger one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

He played in 61 games this past season and averaged 22 minutes per night. He was a part of their regular rotation in the regular season.

He wasn't in the Pelicans playoff rotation much due to struggles from deep. That's a development area he'll need to work to improve on this summer.

That's what we need more development lol