• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ABH said:

That's what we need more development lol

Without our own future picks, you need these guys to keep developing and not become another AJ like casualty

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, Packfill said:

his progression from his rookie year to his sophmore year was not great

Um. Huh? Whatchutalkinbout Willis? On what are you basing that conclusion?

Or maybe the key word there is "great"... great, no, but really good, yes.

2024-06-29_18-57-40.png

• Like 2

How about player development on a 6ft6 in scorer/shooter on a team will need it going forward. 

"My son who teases me for being a Hawk fan says, "Hawks fans have never seen a winner/champion." "They have no context." As much as I hate to say he's right, I wonder .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I mean it's clearly what the team needs to do since we're no where near a title contender at the moment.

Nor will we ever be, if we keep giving away good players for mediocre leftovers and recover 2/3 of the draft picks we used to get Murray in the first place.  The old "one step forward and two steps back" philosophy.  We have got to start making intelligent trades from the beginning, not trying by to offset them, and get less in return.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, aali34 said:

If JC was being paid 11mil instead of 26mil he'd still be here

So you're saying he somehow held management hostage, and forced them to give him  the big dollar contract.

What happens when JJ's contract comes up for renewal?  You know they'll overpay him too.  Then, a year or two later, they'll trade him away for 2 second rounders, just like Collins.

Edited by Watchman
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Nothing like trading a #15 draft pick for a #44 draft pick to improve the team.

Not sure where this is coming from, assuming you intended to reference my reply to @FL_BRYANT, who'd somewhat mysteriously to me quoted my thoughts on DD. I certainly agree (how could anyone not) with the sentence as written.

Trying to be fair, I really don't know what's going on there, and I get the sense that no one who does know is talking about it. It's hard to place blame on anyone for the outcome when the facts are oblique at best. It seems to me that it quite possibly was in AJ's best interests to get a fresh start somewhere, as much as it was in the team's best interests to move him. It's a tragedy for all involved that his solid rookie season got sideswiped by, again it appears anyway, some off-the-court issues. He came to us as, iirc, the youngest 1st rounder in the 2022 draft (if not the entire draft?)... and really, all these guys are better thought-of as being on the cusp of adulthood, not yet really out of their adolescence. It can be a very vulnerable time for any of us. I know it was for me. But circling back to finish the main thought, I can't really blame Landry or Travis for what's happened there. There are variables that are obviously beyond anyone to grasp, assuming they're not Divinity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Watchman said:

So you're saying he somehow held management hostage, and forced them to give him  the big dollar contract.

What happens when JJ's contract comes up for renewal?  You know they'll overpay him too.  Then, a year or two later, they'll trade him away for 2 second rounders, just like Collins.

Giving him that contract was a mistake to begin with and they should have let him hit restricted free agency. Travis messed up with that and tried to trade him sooner then they did but ownership blocked it if I remember correctly.

JJ will be worth his contract compared to JC. He can push the ball in transition, handle, attack closeouts, playmake, and pass in the short roll. 

JC was great at slipping screens in the pnr and could hit a couple threes but that was it. He had great touch around the rim but couldn't get there because of his lack of a handle and he couldn't pass for shit. He was a center in a power forwards body. 

I do agree with the concerns about ownership being cheap, my fear is that they gut other areas of the roster to make room instead of dipping in the luxury tax. 

If JJ is balling and they trade him for 2 seconds, I'll delete my account 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, sturt said:

Onyeka Okongwu.

Clint Capela.

Bogdan Bodanovic.

Jalen Johnson.

Dyson Daniels.

The strategy is clear now.

Monte Morris, anticipate a call shortly. 🙂

The Atliterative Hawks

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Onyeka Okongwu.

Clint Capela.

Bogdan Bodanovic.

Jalen Johnson.

Dyson Daniels.

Oh sh=t, you telling me the Twin Morrii gonna be our “enforcers,” albeit a decade belated?  I didn’t get enough washed vet action last season with Matthews and Mills, gimme more!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Onyeka Okongwu.

Clint Capela.

Bogdan Bodanovic.

Jalen Johnson.

Dyson Daniels.

So what you saying is we need to be on the look out for any of these players in a trade soon?

Jarren Jackson JR
Bradley Beal
Demar Derozan
Cade Cunningham
Donte DiVincezo
Malik Monk
Bruce Brown

Because theirs a few on there i wouldn't hate having lol. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Threezus said:

So what you saying is we need to be on the look out for any of these players in a trade soon?

Jarren Jackson JR
Bradley Beal
Demar Derozan
Cade Cunningham
Donte DiVincezo
Malik Monk
Bruce Brown

Because theirs a few on there i wouldn't hate having lol. 

CC/Hunter for Jaren… who says “no”? Ha!  

Goodness that would be niiiice….

Challenge— What is the greatest all-time alliterative starting five you can conjure?

Edited by Hawkish

7 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I mean it's clearly what the team needs to do since we're no where near a title contender at the moment.

Yeah just keep developing them for other teams

1 hour ago, Hawkish said:

CC/Hunter for Jaren… who says “no”? Ha!  

Goodness that would be niiiice….

Challenge— What is the greatest all-time alliterative starting five you can conjure?

Hmm lets see here i would say

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - George Gervin
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Jarren Jackson JR - Really not much to choose from as pure PF's lol. 
C - Moses Malone

• Like 1

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Threezus said:

Hmm lets see here i would say

PG - Rajon Rondo
SG - George Gervin
SF - Paul Pierce
PF - Jarren Jackson JR - Really not much to choose from as pure PF's lol. 
C - Moses Malone

Nice.  A couple other options at PG and PF:

PG - Gail Goodrich (more of a 2 but played the 1 as well and a 5x All-Star)

PF- Dave DeBusschere (8x All-Star, 6x All-Defense)