• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems there's a snafu with the trade, delayed until 07/06....Murray's trade kicker not accounted for.

The first thing I noticed was the placing of “late” by the Lakers’ pick.

21 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems there's a snafu with the trade, delayed until 07/06....Murray's trade kicker not accounted for.

Ngl, in the interest of chaos, I'm kinda hoping for .. chaos.  I know it's wrong but... hey, the heart wants what it wants.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not a big deal for us.. More value coming to us.

However I expect the NO trade to expand somehow someway.. A lot of time until the 6th.

No way NO does the deal today. They won't be paying the Lux tax just to make this deal go through but there is nothing preventing them from finalizing and waiting until someone can expand into it.

Edited by theheroatl

Another way to look at the Murray deal that no one has mentioned:  What did it cost Atlanta for the use of Murray's talent for two full seasons?  

:bb:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Another way to look at the Murray deal that no one has mentioned:  What did it cost Atlanta for the use of Murray's talent for two full seasons?  

image.gif.195ab124ce82da0b288fd634944f908d.gif

• Haha 3

With more demanded to complete this deal, some future 2nd round picks please.

E.J. Liddell, a 23-year-old 6'6" player that is now a Hawk, thanks to this trade, is never mentioned.  Seems that he was a great college player, came to the NBA and was injured.  Just now recovering.  Has a very low $$$ payroll hit.  Anyone know anything at all about this new Hawk?  

:smug:

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Watchman said:

Nothing like trading a #15 draft pick for a #44 draft pick to improve the team.

No way the FO could have known AJ would breakdown mentally and take most of the year off due to personal issues. Had he played like he did in his rookie season and did not breakdown he'd still be on the team and probably a starter.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Someone mentioned a potential Naji Marshall SnT as well which could be interesting. This also makes Nance a candidate to be moved to a 3rd team as the trade has to be expanded 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Someone mentioned a potential Naji Marshall SnT as well which could be interesting. This also makes Nance a candidate to be moved to a 3rd team as the trade has to be expanded 

Saw that too.

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This may end up being a really good thing if the hawks took nance just cause. I think Portland is the perfect team to add to the deal also.

• Like 1

Interesting if we could get Matt ryan added to the deal i would gladly take him.  He;s not some great player but he is for sure a reliable 3 point shooter off the bench.  You can bank on him getting up 2 to 3 3's a game at a 38 to 40% clip and thats never a bad thing to have on the bench.   Didn't see the Marshall thing either thats not a bad piece either.   This works out in our favor so thats nice.

Edited by Threezus

Naji is nice, but we have … Bogi, Daniels, Risacher, Hunter , Bufkin across the 2/3 already. 

we need a backup 4 who can start at times (particularly given JJs injury history). Unless we are trading Hunter - Marshall isn’t all that interesting to me. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Two seasons with worse records than if we had just kept Huerter unfortunately.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

A couple of things...are we officially getting Matt Ryan or is that speculation? 

Secondly, is the Murray TPE now $25M instead of $18M?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

A couple of things...are we officially getting Matt Ryan or is that speculation? 

I don't know who we are getting.

It will be since the trade is now happening in the new league year with his new salary.

Murray ($25) for Nance (11), Dyson (6), Lidell (2). That's a $6 mil difference.

I'm a little confused though since in the original deal, Murray's trade kicker upped his salary to about $22, so Matt Ryan could work, but if they are using his new salary plus the trade kicker it's more and Ruan doesn't work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Didn't we hire a salary cap expert not too long? How was the DJ trade kicker missed? :blanky:

Dude had one job.

I read the reporting on it w.r.t. the 'new' year vs the 'old' and it seems painfully obvious this was intended to happen in the old year but missed the trade kicker.

This confusion looks bad for both sides.  They allegedly been working on this for almost a year.  Did no one match the freaking salaries?  Use the trade machine, for jeebus sake!

Then i thoufgt maybe this was subterfuge by us to squeeze another asset out.  But then I remembered these are the clowns.  Plus, why would they even want Matt Ryan considering the guys we drafted?

All this is so on-brand. 

Now cue all the folks tryna convince us how smart they are and how they knew this all would happen.... 

🫤

• Like 3

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Screenshot_20240701_075809_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240701_075849_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 2