• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

Just now, therealist said:

at least now we can all agree there's 0% chance we build a contender around trae before he asks out. the number one priority from the front office should now pivot to maximizing the return from his inevitable trade

Oh sweet summer child

• Like 1

Just now, Sothron said:

We told you all that Murphy was never going to be an option. 

I like Daniels.  He can defend multiple positions. Excellent defense. 

Lakers pick is unprotected. 

Nance makes trading Capela more possible. 

We also shed salary. 

I like Daniels the most. We got better defensively.

It's not a huge win but fair enough to move on.

We need to get better defensively. That was my only hope this offseason.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Sothron said:

We also shed salary. 

Hit the nail on the head here.  Primary mission for the offseason has been accomplished.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators

The 2027 pick is the worse of the Bucks and Pels?!?  Fields…are you trying to make me think you don’t know how to negotiate?  No trade down with Washington and now you do this?!?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 5

• Admin

After that trade I want to blow it up 

there is no point in trying to compete when we have no assets … trade Trae to SA and get out picks back

1 minute ago, AHF said:

The 2027 pick is the worse of the Bucks and Pels?!?  Fields…are you trying to make me think you don’t know how to negotiate?  No trade down with Washington and now you do this?!?

Landry just doesn’t cut it 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Both of those picks will probably be in the twenties. And as bad as the DJM and Trae pairing was, the Trae and future mid draft picks pairing will be even worse. We did nothing to improve this year. The Spurs are celebrating right now.

And Daniels is not good. Kobe will be ahead of him on the depth chart.

• Like 2

Read this loud and clear the Hawks are in rebuild. This return on assets does nothing to make the Hawks competitive.  In fact it pushes the Hawks head first into the lottery. Twenty pt scorers don't grow on trees. If I'm Trae I ask for a trade immediately.  Same thing if I'm Capela, Hunter, and Bogi. No need sitting around here because this team has no chance of competing for years. You trade a twenty pt scoring all star level player for a 6pt per game player and an undersized center whose best value is on a playoff contending team. Also these aren't going to be high draft picks. Take a look at the returns we got for Collins and Murray.  If it gets any worse the league should take over the Hawks front office. 

Oh and add Quin amongst those trying to get out of town. This FO is over matched. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2