• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hold up:

Zeller is a SnT - we might be stuck with him until Dec 15th. The 6 month rule for players signed in offseason may apply.

face-palm-shake-my-head-smdh-smh-muppets

grading-papers-sheldon-cooper-gif-233329

I hope I am wrong wrong wrong!!

Why do you think they keep going back to the Bruno camp to ask for more time?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why do you think they keep going back to the Bruno camp to ask for more time?

I'm still hopeful that there can be a Zeller buyout.

OR

Maybe there's a CC trade?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm still hopeful that there can be a Zeller buyout.

OR

Maybe there's a CC trade?

unless you trade CC for pick which will be hard to do, you will have to take a player back no?

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

unless you trade CC for pick which will be hard to do, you will have to take a player back no?

True.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong about Zeller's trade eligibility date, but then again who wants him. Buy him out and eat the money.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

True.

I'm hoping that I'm wrong about Zeller's trade eligibility date, but then again who wants him. Buy him out and eat the money.

Eating the money seems like the only option so why wait?

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll be interested to see if the Pels plan on starting a DM / McCallum backcourt.   I think that would be a big mistake.  

shh-quiet-be-gif-597401044830573588.gif

Theyll be 20 games in before making drastic cha ges probably.

I still like Murray, but suspect we'll see some regerts from Pelican'ts fans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll be interested to see if the Pels plan on starting a DM / McCallum backcourt.   I think that would be a big mistake.  

Pels are weird because they are deep at the 3/4 with Jones, Ingram, Zion, Murphy. They have Murray and Alvarado at the 1, McCollum at the 2, and Theis starting at Center. So, a lot mismatched pieces.

I imagine they go Murray, Jones, Ingram, Zion, Theis and have Alvarado, McCollum and Murphy off the bench playing major minutes.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Pels are weird because they are deep at the 3/4 with Jones, Ingram, Zion, Murphy. They have Murray and Alvarado at the 1, McCollum at the 2, and Theis starting at Center. So, a lot mismatched pieces.

I imagine they go Murray, Jones, Ingram, Zion, Theis and have Alvarado, McCollum and Murphy off the bench playing major minutes.

Yeah, this is why I think they'll come to regret not sending us another wing in exchange for a C.  There will be fit issues there, imho. 

And Ingram sticks out like a sore thumb even before factoring in the contract concern. 

29 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think NO had any plans to keep Ingram.  I expect them to feature him early and look to move him for anything they can get.

They shld get a really John collins-y return.  Everybody knows (a) they're too cheap to pay him so (b) they gotta move him. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I don't think NO had any plans to keep Ingram.  I expect them to feature him early and look to move him for anything they can get.

they didn't play him in the first preseason game.  wouldn't surprise me if they move him real soon

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

they didn't play him in the first preseason game.  wouldn't surprise me if they move him real soon

They hv been trying to move him all off season - they want assests which teams are unwilling to part with to then turn around and give him a max contract he is requesting. Will be interesting to see what that trade eventually looks like.

One thing Ingram and his agent needs to consider, is the teams with capspace who may want him next season. I'm sure if he moves off his max request, NOP would resign him then look to move him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I may end up being wrong but I gotta push back on this like a door that says "Pull".

locked-in-new-girl-break-out-trying-to-o

I dont expect any of the teams that want him to be wanting to make that big a change to their team at this point in camp.

no doubt they're all aware of NO's stupid price tag.  So they probably want to wait for things to be obviously not working so NO has no choice but to drop the asks? 

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I may end up being wrong but I gotta push back on this like a door that says "Pull".

locked-in-new-girl-break-out-trying-to-o

I dont expect any of the teams that want him to be wanting to make that big a change to their team at this point in camp.

no doubt they're all aware of NO's stupid price tag.  So they probably want to wait for things to be obviously not working so NO has no choice but to drop the asks? 

It'll end up being a Siakam type of situation.

• Like 1

Dyson Daniels>Dejounte

I know it sounds like I’m saying this because he’s no longer a Hawk but hear me out. 

The DJ we got from the Spurs wasn’t the same product we thought we were getting. Also, the mix with Trae threw him off his own game as well as he was used to handling the rock. Having said that, he’s not a PG to me. He’s a SG. I don’t think it’s gonna work out for the Peli.. what is it @kg01 can’ts? Ya, it’s almost the same thing we had a bit. 

I think Dyson is what DJ was at the beginning of his Spurs career defensively as well. Hungry and tenacious ready to check the other team’s best player.

• Like 2

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It'll end up being a Siakam type of situation.

The difference is that Toronto got a real payday for Siakam.  I don't think that will happen for Ingram.  Teams were willing to pay Pascal even if they might have thought Toronto was overreaching on the trade ask.

• Like 2