• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Dyson Daniels>Dejounte

I know it sounds like I’m saying this because he’s no longer a Hawk but hear me out. 

The DJ we got from the Spurs wasn’t the same product we thought we were getting. Also, the mix with Trae threw him off his own game as well as he was used to handling the rock. Having said that, he’s not a PG to me. He’s a SG. I don’t think it’s gonna work out for the Peli.. what is it @kg01 can’ts? Ya, it’s almost the same thing we had a bit. 

I think Dyson is what DJ was at the beginning of his Spurs career defensively as well. Hungry and tenacious ready to check the other team’s best player.

Yeah and it's not sour grapes to point out there was a 'fit' issue.  Unsurprisingly, NO will see similar issues.  They'll be looking to trade McCollum soon into the season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 909 said:

The trade of Murray for DD and Nance is looking better and better. It’s like going to the grocery store and buy one and getting one for free type of deal .Murray is a good player and I appreciated his work but it’s obvious that the trade is going to benefit the Hawks greatly.

As I slept on it even at the time. I was much happier about it mainly just due to Daniels and the pick. Nance really shocked me. I didn't see him in space a lot in NO and wow, he's a different player. Keeper!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've never understood the people who thought Nance wouldn't be part of the rotation.  He is too good not to play.

It was clear he would be in the rotation. Just that he might be as good as Gallo was for us. That I wasn't expecting 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was clear he would be in the rotation. Just that he might be as good as Gallo was for us. That I wasn't expecting 

Some people argued with me that he won’t be or shouldn’t be on the basis that Quin only plays 9 guys and those will be:

cc oo jj dd dh bb zr kb ty 

My position was that it would be crazy not to give Nance regular minutes even though I agree that those 9 also should see regular time.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AHF said:

Some people argued with me that he won’t be or shouldn’t be on the basis that Quin only plays 9 guys and those will be:

My position was that it would be crazy not to give Nance regular minutes even though I agree that those 9 also should see regular time.

This squad is just too damn deep. This will feel like the ECF year. Enjoy it now because once we pay JJ, our money will be tight and we still have to pay DD. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, AHF said:

I love Nance but i do think it'll be those nine if they are healthy.  Most likely they won't be though.   So Nance will get plenty of time.  

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

As I slept on it even at the time. I was much happier about it mainly just due to Daniels and the pick. Nance really shocked me. I didn't see him in space a lot in NO and wow, he's a different player. Keeper!

I know LF was giddy to get Dyson.

He loved him in the draft....

And Nance is only 31..

Should have a few decent years left..

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This squad is just too damn deep. This will feel like the ECF year. Enjoy it now because once we pay JJ, our money will be tight and we still have to pay DD. 

Gotta get off of Dre contract.. Which wont be easy imo..

LIke you said, Dre, OO, and CC should be available NOW...

• Like 1

Great trade when the Hawks obtained Murray, even if he did cost too much.

Great trade when we traded away Murray, even if he did cost the Pelicans too much.

:smug:

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Great trade when the Hawks obtained Murray, even if he did cost too much.

Great trade when we traded away Murray, even if he did cost the Pelicans too much.

:smug:

Yep!  Both teams sold high on DJ.  

• Thanks 1

We clear 30.5 mil off the books next season, all of which we will likely need to resign JJ. That’s including DH and Zeller’s contracts still, which are a combined $27 and $29 mil on our books the next 2 seasons.

If we can offload those contracts, we should be able to extend JJ/Dyson, resign Nance, and still keep OO around plus add a nice vet piece.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Clint+JJ+Zeller is $30M this year.  Give all that to JJ next year and it probably covers most of his extension.  Extend Nance (if we like what we have) at less than $11M/year and you have more relief.  IMO the priority of the front office should be getting value back for Hunter, if possible, but I doubt there's a lot of value to get back for him.  He will be Schlenk's lasting impact on our cap sheet

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We clear 30.5 mil off the books next season, all of which we will likely need to resign JJ. That’s including DH and Zeller’s contracts still, which are a combined $27 and $29 mil on our books the next 2 seasons.

If we can offload those contracts, we should be able to extend JJ/Dyson, resign Nance, and still keep OO around plus add a nice vet piece.

How did I not realize we signed Zeller to a 3 year deal?  WTF Landry Fields!!!  Bad enough when he was completely unnecessary for the trade in the first place but you let Schlenk stick you with a deal for $11M that is purely for the benefit of the Pelicans?  Wow.

I thought he was only signed for this year on a non-minimum deal and that was bad enough.  3 years and $11M for this waste of space?!?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Zeller is not guaranteed after this season.

Good!  That is probably why I had it firmly as a one year in my head.  I don't see that reflected on bball reference but I may be missing something on that or maybe they just don't flag unguaranteed dollars. 

Thanks, @JeffS17.  I thought I was losing my mind at having missed that.

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

That’s including DH and Zeller’s contracts still, which are a combined $27 and $29 mil on our books the next 2 seasons.

Zeller's next 2 years are non guaranteed.

• Thanks 2