• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Alex said:

Neither of those picks will be be lottery selections. Be lucky if either are top 20. Nance is good enough, but not bad enough either. He’s likely gone next season or as soon as the Hawks are allowed to trade him. 

The 2025 very well might be, at least we got one of the first round picks back, the other one is whatever, an asset that will potentially help us in some trade down the line though judging by the competency of this front office so far I doubt it. I give this trade a C-

If Jordan Hawkins was part of the deal I could say OK not ecstatic but I could live with it. 

Tell me what is Nance going to help us do, at best make the play in.

As an organization how do you ask your fan base to back this ?

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I was kind of disappointed with the draft and offseason but I see that the fo has a vision at least. A type of player they covet. Grantid the 6'8 wing isn't a revolution but at least it doesn't feel like a random mix and mash anymore.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The Lakers in the west with an emerging Rockets and Warriors with the Grizzlies back. The Lakers are a major Bron injury away from giving us the a top 5 pick. 

The Lakers in the west with an emerging Rockets and Warriors with the Grizzlies back. The Lakers are a major Bron injury away from giving us the a top 5 pick. 

I like the Laker pick, but why tf are we getting the worse pick from NO or the freaking bucks in this deal. If it was just the Pels pick I'd be ok with the return in terms of picks. In terms of players we really didn't get anything close to equal value, what salvages the trade is that it gives us something in our current biggest hole which is depth at the 4/5. Daniels is a scrub, not sure why people are even talking about him in this trade, he is essentially filler, will be a 10th man type for us. 

I really really like the idea of Dyson Daniels. 

Tremendous PoA defender

Can defend 1-3

Can pass

Can dribble 

Can finish

My man really gotta work on that jumper 

1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

I like the Laker pick, but why tf are we getting the worse pick from NO or the freaking bucks in this deal. If it was just the Pels pick I'd be ok with the return in terms of picks. In terms of players we really didn't get anything close to equal value, what salvages the trade is that it gives us something in our current biggest hole which is depth at the 4/5. Daniels is a scrub, not sure why people are even talking about him in this trade, he is essentially filler, will be a 10th man type for us. 

Idk, it kinda sucks tho. That's a for sure 20-25 range pick 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I’m gonna say this again about Daniels. In a playoff series against SGA where POA defense was desperately needed, he didn’t see the court.

In his current form, he’s a below average role player. 

It's shooting for him, not anything else. He really gotta lock in on that jumper. He was shooting like Vit under Nate. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

It's shooting for him, not anything else. He really gotta lock in on that jumper. He was shooting like Vit under Nate. 

And hopefully they can figure it out. But man, I don't love that the best player we got from a DJM trade is a project. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Shooting is pretty damn important though.

He’s a career 64% FT shooter. Doesn’t exactly give me the warm and fuzzies that it’s going to improve much.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He can play. He just couldn't shoot consistently. He's better than a project 

We can agree to disagree. That seems more argumentative than I mean for it to lol. 

But if you have a giant hole in your game that keeps you from being a starter, you're a project in my eyes. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Afro said:

Oh sweet 

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I hope we aren't counting on that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Shooting is pretty damn important though.

He’s a career 64% FT shooter. Doesn’t exactly give me the warm and fuzzies that it’s going to improve much.

Yeah.....the shooting feels like a prayer. All of his metrics say he just doesnt have it. We will just have to hope, because.....yeah. 

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If shooting was easy he never would have been on the trading block. I like him as an active live body but becoming a shooter is not easy, and I definitely don't like him as the major return in a trade for Murray. 

59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I like Daniels but for Murray is mad extreme. 

The 2025 LAL 1st is all I like care about. 

Pels 27 could be good too..

Zion in 2027

200w.gif.1efda1fce7453980cbebb7479ff6a336.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You know what never fails in recent years?  The Hawks dump salary to get under the tax line and get back little in talent in their trades.  The only good thing about this trade is that Trae and DJM won’t be playing at the same time for us next year.  We may well be better just because of that.

But…I’ll repeat this for emphasis…BUT…if we were going to make the leap to contend getting a real return on DJM was essential.  This was the biggest card we had to play.  We got two role players in the deal.  One is an overpaid vet who should contribute off the bench but has zero upside.  The other has some upside but also can’t shoot and in a series where POA defense was critical was chained to the bench.

The 2027 pick is garbage.  Worse of the Pels and Bucks.  Lmao.  Really twisted their arm on that.

The 2025 is the highest upside part of the deal but most likely will be right about where the Lakers have picked the last two years:  in the playoffs and outside the lottery.  But it is the best bet from this package.  This is the best engine to excellence that Fields could wrangle for our best player we have traded in years on a great contract.  The fact that he didn’t fit for us doesn’t mean the return should be this garbage.  

Incredible to me that anyone would look at this deal and think “this is how we maximize this team.”  The only thing this trade guarantees is another year collecting a tax check for Ressler.

Yup, and outside that 25 pick, the Hawks don't have any assets left to get that big leap forward. It was Trae or DJM or bust. 

There's nothing left man. It feels bad. 

Were left to pray the Lakers suck and that Zacc becomes some absolute freak show. That's all we have....

• Like 1