• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

5 minutes ago, Afro said:

Im not trying to just shit all over Dyson here, but Carroll was a 77% ft shooter. 

I am. Tree Rollins was a 70% FT shooter...

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, jy23 said:

The suggestion would’ve been what then? Bc the Pels weren’t giving up Jones or Murphy and Ingram contract demands are ridiculous so do nothing and run it back with what you yourself calls a bad fit? I’m not saying this make our team great I’m saying this is a better fit with upside. DJ was terrible shooting his last 2 years in San Antonio before he came here and then all of a sudden became a reliable shooter. Dyson is young and could definitely improve from 3. If he does you have a cheap 3 and D option with a vet big man off the bench and picks that you can use to make other moves. If we’re done then yes this is underwhelming but there are other moves that can be made to at least help this team be better. We weren’t going to contend from the DJ trade…wasn’t going to happen. No package for him was going to do that so if that’s what we’re comparing this to then yeah I see the frustration. But that imaginary scenario is just that. Imaginary 

The Hawks aren't trying to make this team more competitive. This is a tank/rebuild.  We didn't improve the team with this trade. Let's accept it and judge the returns by how much they help in our rebuild. 

• Premium Member

atl.png&h=110&w=110Atlanta Hawks grade: B+

The Hawks had to trade one of their guards after finding last season that Murray and Trae Young were far less effective together than on their own running a team.

I would have preferred to keep Murray, who signed a below-market extension last year that pays him less than the average point guard. (Immanuel Quickley, for example, agreed to a deal Friday that will pay him more than Murray over the next four seasons.)

At the same time, other teams also have access to Atlanta's cap sheet and may have valued Murray more than Young in the trade market for the same reasoning. If the Hawks were going to deal Murray, this is strong return, netting them two first-round picks, a recent lottery pick and getting them out of the luxury tax.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Can someone tell me who they expected to get with Murray? NOLA was the only team that really needed a point gaurd. It's well documented that Trae and Murray was a disaster as a pairing. If Murray played high level defense he would have fetched more, but that fell off while he was here.

2 picks and 2 rotation players isn't bad value.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m thoroughly depressed by this team.  Quickly is worth $175M but a better player on a cheaper contract gets you this?!?  This was our big play.  This was the big payoff if we were going to have one.  Trading CC or a Hunter would be shuffling pieces because they don’t have much value.  But DJM…that was the big lever to pull for this offseason.  Getting role players like we got were what we were supposed to get for one of CC or Hunter.  DJM was the one bringing the big return.  We got one lottery ticket and some useful bench pieces who will be FAs in two years.

If you look at it from a pure perspective of getting better defensively and adding two frp to use to add more defenders…

that gives me hope 

• Like 2

On 4/20/2024 at 9:19 AM, benhillboy said:

When he and/or DJ are finally moved don’t blow a gasket at how paltry the returns are.  

Yall are doing it.  

Theres gonna be a redux.  Just chill.  They aren’t taking crap deals for sh!ts & giggles, there are 29 teams to negotiate with.  They got what a DJ gets you, teams ain’t tripping off raw stats.

Nance Jr been in the league forever, he  averages 33 missed games a season 👀

I just don’t see how Daniels even gets on the floor. 

The trade for DJ was the first and fatal mistake obviously.  Hawks gotta Hawk tho.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

Ok so we all discussed Ingram.

Herb and Murphy were untouchable.

This is essentially what we were gonna get without those two scenarios especially if we didn’t want to take on Ingram like we all discussed

this is much better than Reeves and trash

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Yall are doing it.  

Theres gonna be a redux.  Just chill.  They aren’t taking crap deals for sh!ts & giggles, there are 29 teams to negotiate with.  They got what a DJ gets you, teams ain’t tripping off raw stats.

Nance Jr been in the league forever, he  averages 33 missed games a season 👀

I just don’t see how Daniels even gets on the floor.  Alvarado is much smaller and hates to shoot threes, Daniels couldn’t even supplant him in the rotation.  

The trade for DJ was the first and fatal mistake obviously.  Hawks gotta Hawk tho.

Lol so.ylur saying to chill out because.its worse than we thought? What are trying to say here 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks just replaced a top 20 pick from the 2022 draft(AJ), with a top 10 pick from the 2022 draft...👍..😀

Traded offense for defense :thinking:

I'm looking for silver linings. 

This offseason has me on edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m thoroughly depressed by this team.  Quickly is worth $175M but a better player on a cheaper contract gets you this?!?  This was our big play.  This was the big payoff if we were going to have one.  Trading CC or a Hunter would be shuffling pieces because they don’t have much value.  But DJM…that was the big lever to pull for this offseason.  Getting role players like we got were what we were supposed to get for one of CC or Hunter.  DJM was the one bringing the big return.  We got one lottery ticket and some useful bench pieces who will be FAs in two years.

13 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

The Hawks aren't trying to make this team more competitive. This is a tank/rebuild.  We didn't improve the team with this trade. Let's accept it and judge the returns by how much they help in our rebuild. 

At the end of the day acquiring Murray looks like an absolute disaster right now for the Hawks. None of the picks they traded for will likely be as good as the picks they traded. That kind of stuff should get a front office fired. 

Edited by Packfill
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

You're being optimistic. I know the West is loaded but I still see the Lakers making the playoffs, rendering that lottery ticket null and void...

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If you look at it from a pure perspective of getting better defensively and adding two frp to use to add more defenders…

that gives me hope 

I think we will be better because of this trade but we would have been better just not playing DJM.  We badly needed depth last year and this gives it to us.  I had bigger goals, though.  Odds are quite high that not a single player from this deal is ever a starter for the Hawks.  Elite stars win rings.  No potential for that here other than the LeBron and AD for down for the year scenario.  

For NO, they could not get this kind of player anywhere else. We let them get away with giving us two reserves they didn’t care about and one pick of real value that will probably be between 15 and 22 in the draft.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm praying we don't trade Hunter or CC. I shudder to think what the returns this amateur front office would pull for either guy. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Dejay said:

You're being optimistic. I know the West is loaded but I still see the Lakers making the playoffs, rendering that lottery ticket null and void...

It is still a pick regardless, lottery or not.

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Traded offense for defense :thinking:

I'm looking for silver linings. 

This offseason has me on edge.

I was hoping we didn't do that completely though lol. Like a lot of defense and a little offense would have been nice. 

• Like 3