• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

Just now, AHF said:

I think we will be better because of this trade but we would have been better just not playing DJM.  We badly needed depth last year and this gives it to us.  I had bigger goals, though.  Odds are quite high that not a single player from this deal is ever a starter for the Hawks.  Elite stars win rings.  No potential for that here other than the LeBron and AD for down for the year scenario.  

For NO, they could not get this kind of player anywhere else. We let them get away with giving us two reserves they didn’t care about and one pick of real value that will probably be between 15 and 22 in the draft.

With Trae we have a bottom 5 defense and a top 5 offense. 

We can be damn good with lengthy defenders around Trae. We don’t need superstars to win if we follow that formula.

However, we just drafted Risacher which historically a #1 has a 80% chance of becoming a relative star. No matter what people think of the draft. It’s just math.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If you look at it from a pure perspective of getting better defensively and adding two frp to use to add more defenders…

that gives me hope 

I look at it like Bogdanovic being back in the starting lineup and scoring 18-22 a night and Risacher being ROY if they have a shot at the playoffs.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Ok so we all discussed Ingram.

Herb and Murphy were untouchable.

This is essentially what we were gonna get without those two scenarios especially if we didn’t want to take on Ingram like we all discussed

this is much better than Reeves and trash

Is it? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think we will be better because of this trade but we would have been better just not playing DJM.  We badly needed depth last year and this gives it to us.  I had bigger goals, though.  Odds are quite high that not a single player from this deal is ever a starter for the Hawks.  Elite stars win rings.  No potential for that here other than the LeBron and AD for down for the year scenario.  

For NO, they could not get this kind of player anywhere else. We let them get away with giving us two reserves they didn’t care about and one pick of real value that will probably be between 15 and 22 in the draft.

Scream it from the roof tops. Everyone keeps acting like were the team coming from a place of weakness. Every. Time. 

• Moderators

When I say lottery ticket, I mean a low % opportunity for something great that will probably be a bad investment not that I think the Lakers will miss the playoffs next year.  They won 47 games next year and LeBron should have fresh motivation.  I don’t expect it to turn into much.  I just recognize that it theoretically could.  Nance will only start out if desperaeion for this team.  Daniels will only start if he takes a massive leap or we lose multiple players.  The 2027 pico will be middle of the first round at best but more likely in the mid20s.  

This is a pile of mediocre assets.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Packfill said:

At the end of the day acquiring Murray looks like an absolute disaster right now for the Hawks. None of the picks they traded will likely be as good as the picks they got back. That kind of stuff should get a front office fired. 

You gotta put a lof of the blame on Trae as well. He was the one really pushing for DJM. The Front Office shoulda told him to shut up and let them do their job

• Like 1

• Premium Member
29 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

This team isn't competing for anything. What difference does it make if we strengthen the power forward position we aren’t going to win anything.  We basically took a twenty pt 6 assist player out of the lineup and replaced with nothing. Maybe six points from Daniels.  I don't expect Nance to be around long. This is a rebuild.  Has anyone heard from Trae?

Preach man!

3 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Jalen Johnson 24ppg season loading

image.png

Not with Trae here!

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

When I say lottery ticket, I mean a low % opportunity for something great that will probably be a bad investment not that I think the Lakers will miss the playoffs next year.  They won 47 games next year and LeBron should have fresh motivation.  I don’t expect it to turn into much.  I just recognize that it theoretically could.  Nance will only start out if desperaeion for this team.  Daniels will only start if he takes a massive leap or we lose multiple players.  The 2027 pico will be middle of the first round at best but more likely in the mid20s.  

This is a pile of mediocre assets.

You ready for the double whammy? Lakers make it and keep the Kings out in the process....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Afro said:

You ready for the double whammy? Lakers make it and keep the Kings out in the process....

Damn.  Give me one more barometer to monitor the ineptitude of the Hawks.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

You gotta put a lof of the blame on Trae as well. He was the one really pushing for DJM. The Front Office shoulda told him to shut up and let them do their job

That's bs bro, the front office is the front office, Trae Young isn't LeBron, if your front office is making moves based on Trae Young demands that is 100% them being ass. 

• Thanks 2

Hawks couldn’t even get them to throw in Alvarado, who would be an instant fan favorite with the GT connection, push Bufkin, and fill a sore toughness need?  Damn.  The underwhelming Pelican’s 7th and 8th men 😞

I’m sure Pelicans fans are through the roof looking at his salary hit and last years stat line,  By seasons end they’ll be bitching about how bad the fit with Zion and McCollum is.  And it will be bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1