• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DeJounte Murray traded to the Pelicans

JayBirdHawk

46 minutes ago, JTB said:

Bro that’s gotta be Ayton…I don’t see why we would get Allen after this trade, when we definitely need a scorer.

Would you do Hunter and OO for Ayton?

15 minutes ago, FL_BRYANT said:

No way in Hell should the way Great be used in describing Daniels or Nance. No we ate not a better team after this trade. Wakeup the Hawks aren't trying to compete they are in a full rebuild. Trae is not staying around here unless he is more interested in padding his stats than winning. No way is he happy about going into battle with this squad. How far we have dropped since the ECFS. 

You got Trae and a bunch of role players and young lotto underachievers.

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Oh don't even Supes. They aren't gifting us #1 with Flagg so you're banking on .00001% odds lol. 

Next year class is stacked. I'd be happy with top 10 pick and who knows maybe top 4. Doesn't have to be #1. 

Edited by GThawks3

So who is our starting lineup:  Trae,Hunter,Johnson, Capela and Daniels. Come on who are we going to beat with that squad. This is not a better team. Now all of a sudden Daniels is this great POA defender but he couldn't play for the pels. As of now he's an underachieving lottery pick. And we thought Griffin was bad.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, FL_BRYANT said:

So who is our starting lineup:  Trae,Hunter,Johnson, Capela and Daniels. Come on who are we going to beat with that squad. This is not a better team. Now all of a sudden Daniels is this great POA defender but he couldn't play for the pels. As of now he's an underachieving lottery pick. And we thought Griffin was bad.

The offseason is not complete. It has barely started. Too soon to tell what the starting lineup will be.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

They're not taking Capela.. lol

Then why should we take Ayton with his bad contract. PTL is trying to dump his contract and attitude. CC is expiring.

• Like 1

Just now, terrell said:

Hunter and Bogi for Ayton? 😀

That's enough internet for you tonight. 

But in all seriousness.....Bogi is the only other unquestionably good shooter we have on the team....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then why should we take Ayton with his bad contract. PTL is trying to dump his contract and attitude. CC is expiring.

Oh yeah I totally forgot he was expiring for a min.. lol

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In a more difficult west as well. I had that pick being a top 10 pick 

This trade makes us better but it makes the starting center issue more problematic as well. 

No way in Hell are we better. We would have been better of keeping Murray and concentrated on improving our front court. 

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Bruh stop!!! Dyson is a damn good defender. Maybe if the sorry ass Hawks had Dyson last year he doesn't sleep walk to 70+ pts

Dyson and the Lakers 2025 is pretty gold at this point. Two things we needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FL_BRYANT said:

No way in Hell are we better. We would have been better of keeping Murray and concentrated on improving our front court. 

Eh, I understand one had to go.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have to think Trae is looking around and saying "This is what I'm supposed to work with?" I guess he will have more chances to pad his stats.

The timing of this trade also allows the Hawks to recycle the $23 million John Collins trade exception for another year; it will now be “the Murray exception,” worth $18.2 million through next June 28 or 29. The Atlanta faithful will never again need to say the name “John Collins” any time they propose a transaction. (I should note: $6 million will remain on the Collins exception through July 8 should the Hawks get frisky on the trade machine.)

• Thanks 3